I2DT: A very non-magical lunch

Up until recently maintained as a museum, the childhood home of the Braddock family has been pressed into service as classroom space for the University. Additionally, the increased demands have led to the main ballroom being converted into a cafeteria for University students on a meal plan. The old library has been bolstered with college textbooks.

I2DT: A very non-magical lunch

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:55 am

Sean was sitting at a table nothing magical happening at that particular moment just lunch. A surprisingly normal moment really.

((Open))
Sean Hall
Student

Re: I2DT: A very non-magical lunch

Postby Melody Malcolm » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:15 pm

"Mind if I sit here?" Melody asks, standing across from Sean while holding a tray.
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:25 pm

"Not at all," Sean said looking up at Melody.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:46 pm

"Thanks. You're a dear," Melody says, sitting across from Sean. "I hate sitting alone."

"Mel, by the way. Melody Martens. Guidance Counselor."
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:49 pm

"Sean Hall, transfer student," Sean smiled. "Always thought schools had a special cafeteria for faculty."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:51 pm

"Maybe, but I like eating with everyone else," Melody says. "Besides, I smelled a bit of magic and was feeling curious."
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:04 pm

"Well, that's probably me unless there are more mages roaming around campus that I've not been made aware of," Sean said opening his mind to the flow of magic around him. He was hoping to get a feeling for who or what Melody was having already encountered one Fey on the campus.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:14 pm

Sean was nearly overwhelmed by the dark, hungry presence that Melody practically radiated. Melody was a vampire. It was pretty obvious to someone with any sort of magical senses. She was an undead, abomination that was nearly a century old. Luckily, most of her power seemed restrained.

Melody speared a tomato with her fork, looking fairly amused by Sean's probing, "Careful. Curiosity, cats and all that jazz."
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:26 pm

Sean really didn't feel like delving further and closed off his senses. He suppressed the shiver he got from staring into the abyss that was the nature of the vampire.

"Between fey students and vampire faculty it's a wonder I wasn't drawn here sooner," Sean said.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:30 pm

"I try to stay off the radar," Melody says. "If I'm too obvious, you get slayers and it's a whole mess."
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:34 pm

"This is the first time I've ever been overt with being a mage," Sean said, "But mostly because people are either skeptical or think I've lost my mind.... Not quite as serious as hunters, but I didn't even realize those still existed."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:51 pm

"They're right to be skeptical," Melody says. "A lot of people lie about being mages. And some of them are a bit nastier than a two-bit con man. Things promise men power, immortality...then they drain them dry."
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:55 pm

Sean leaned back in his chair and shrugged.

"Suppose that's reasonable," Sean said, "But I'd hoped sealing the rift and banishing everything that had come through it might have given me a bit of a pass on the skepticism."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:30 am

"It's never a good idea to pass on skepticism," Melody points out. "But, at the very least, I'm thankful that you sealed the rift."
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:33 am

"Quite," Sean said, "You're certainly welcome for the help with that, but I feel like most would have done the same provided they were able to."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:00 am

As Sean is talking he suddenly notices something behind Melody. Some kind of... thing is sitting on her shoulders, hunched over above her head. Snapping his eyes back up at her the impression disappears like a bad dream.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:10 am

After Sean finishes speaking he stares past Melody over her shoulder for a moment trying to figure out what had just happened. He then snaps from the awkward moment trying to cover it up by drinking some of his coffee.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:43 am

If Melody notices anything odd, she doesn't say anything. "It's a nice sentiment."

"Is that why you're staying on? Helping us out with pixies and goblins?"
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:48 pm

"In part," Sean said, "Another is that I can practice my craft here without needing to hide in some dusty old basements or out in the woods."

Sean paused for a moment.

"There's also the fact that there's a magical nexus here, which deserves some studying."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:09 pm

"Well, this place has an odd history," Melody says. "So, that makes a certain amount of sense."
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:17 pm

"An interesting history?" Sean asked genuinely curious.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:56 am

"You've never heard of the Braddocks?" Melody asks. "Captain Britain? The Hellfire Club? This manor has a storied history smack-dab in the center of old English magics. They've even had dealings with Merlin himself."
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:16 am

"Captain Britain I've heard of though I didn't know they'd had a relationship with the lighthouse," Sean said, "I'd never found mention of the Braddocks in the books I've read either, but given that even the earliest books I've found are... at best full of half truths it's hard to know what to trust."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:29 am

"Well, if you need anything from my personal library, feel free to ask," Melody offers. "But beware, it will cost you a terrible price..."
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:32 am

"How terrible?" Sean asked not really convinced that Melody was going to be asking for his firstborn.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:48 am

"Well, I could use an assistant..." Melody suggests.
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:50 am

"That doesn't sound like such a terrible cost," Sean said, "Depending on what you want me to assist with."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:00 am

"Filing nearly three decades worth of assorted paperwork into something sensible and organized, mostly," Melody says. "But it's really spooky paperwork, if that helps."
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:03 am

"If it gets me access to legitimate texts on magic I think I can handle filing paperwork," Sean smiled, "Why do you have three decades of paperwork that needs filing?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:37 am

"I've never been good at paperwork," Melody explains simply.
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:39 am

"But three decades worth?" Sean asked. "How long have you been a counselor?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:45 am

"Oh, these aren't counseling files," Melody explains. "It's my personal research. I studied monsters with my husband."
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:51 am

"Just to understand their behavior or were you hunting them?" Sean asked.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:22 am

"Oh, hunting them of course. We couldn't get enough of killing beasties," Melody teases. "That's how we met. Killed me like that."

Melody snaps.

"Made our first date super-awkward."
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:27 pm

"Or caught them and made the worlds most fantastical zoo," Sean smiled. "Death would make for an awkward date, but at least it didn't take."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:13 pm

Out of the corner of his eye Sean catches a shadow moving past the table. It's not rushing, almost more strolling but the moment his eyes instinctively twitch towards it it disappears.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:11 pm

Sean opened his magical senses again though not looking at Melody instead trying to catch whatever it was that was poking around his peripheral vision. If it was anything, which Sean wasn't convinced of just yet. Again he tried to cover his momentary discomfort by taking a drink.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:34 pm

"Everything alright?" Melody asks. "You seem a bit distracted."
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:57 am

"Something is at the edges of my eyesight," Sean said, "Probably nothing or maybe just something leftover after the rift was closed. Tad bit annoying though."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:40 am

Melody glances around briefly, just to check, "Does it look particularly troublesome?"
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to Braddock Manor