I2DT: A very non-magical lunch

Up until recently maintained as a museum, the childhood home of the Braddock family has been pressed into service as classroom space for the University. Additionally, the increased demands have led to the main ballroom being converted into a cafeteria for University students on a meal plan. The old library has been bolstered with college textbooks.

Re: I2DT: A very non-magical lunch

Postby Narrator » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:43 am

That's when they might notice one of the cashiers over at the lunch line is staring at them. The man is wearing a blank expression and he looks... unfamiliar and just a little bit off. His face is too angular, he seems to be too tall, torso stretched too much compared to his arms. His hair is short and swept back from a severe widow's peak. He doesn't blink.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:32 pm

"That sounds quite nice really," Sean said before getting a little distracted by the man whose proportions seem all wrong. "Well, this time the thing strange thing I'm seeing hasn't immediately vanished."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:46 pm

"What does it look like?" Melody asks.
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:49 pm

"A fairly normal person if not for all of their proportions being wrong," Sean said, "And the lack of blinking."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:56 pm

Melody glances over, reflexively sniffing the air as she looks. Her senses aren't quite as good as when she's a full on vampire, but she can still blow most humans out of the water.
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:01 am

The man (or whatever he is) is quite far away and there are a lot of people inbetween them. She still catches a faint aroma of something foul, like a stagnant bog. No one else seems to notice seeing how most people are just continuing to eat their meals.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Melody Malcolm » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:07 am

Melody wrinkles her nose, gagging a bit. She was very sensitive to bad smells.
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Charles Franklin » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:15 am

"Something wrong?" Sean asked watching the "cashier".
Charles Franklin
Student

Postby Melody Malcolm » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:15 am

"A lot of body odor in this room," Melody says. "Plus, our friend smells like a swamp."

"I hate swamps."
Melody Malcolm
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:17 am

"I'll keep that in mind," Sean said before opening his mind to see if 'swamp cashier' was in fact magical in nature.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:26 am

Probably? He's getting a strange feeling from looking at him and no one else seems to notice anything amiss. People just swipe their lunch cards or place their money near the register as if nothing was amiss.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:36 am

"Well, magic seems to be involved... somehow," Sean said.
Sean Hall
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to Braddock Manor