Wide-Eyed ((Open))

Up until recently maintained as a museum, the childhood home of the Braddock family has been pressed into service as classroom space for the University. Additionally, the increased demands have led to the main ballroom being converted into a cafeteria for University students on a meal plan. The old library has been bolstered with college textbooks.

Re: Wide-Eyed ((Open))

Postby Shari » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:55 am

"Really? Like what? I mean, I assume all this stuff came with the building..."
Shari

High Concept: Shapeshifting Stranger
Aspect: Shaping Yourself
Aspect: Philosophy of Form

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:09 am

"There's some stuff out at the Point, that's where the lighthouse is, but it's mostly for X-Men use. Lots of tech and the like."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Postby Shari » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:06 am

"Ah. Gotcha." she says, trying not to sound disappointed while mentally telling herself to stay as far away from that as possible. That sounded like a good way to get caught.
Shari

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:21 am

"I think they spend a small fortune on food, too. But some of the shifters really pack things away to maintain, so I guess that sort of follows. Speaking of food, I'm getting hungry. Want to go grab a bite in the cafeteria?"
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Shari » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:23 pm

On one hand, food. On the other, she's not entirely sure how the food dispensing works. She (correctly) assumes that it's not just free for anybody who walks in but she's not nearly tech-savvy enough to imagine student IDs being tagged in the cafeteria line. The biggest question is, how does she find out beforehand without looking suspicious. She can't really claim to not have her wallet on her with the backpack over her shoulder, but maybe she can pretend to be new. Orientation packages are another one of those things she's not really aware of, having no idea how universities function.

"I guess? I'm new, so i don't really..." she trails off, hoping that Tereza is going to complete the sentence for her in her head.
Shari

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:33 pm

"Don't have your new student stuff yet, huh? We can swing by admin and pick it up if you want."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Shari » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:08 am

"Oh, no, that's alright, it's late, I'll just grab it tomorrow..."
Shari

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:32 am

"Well, if you don't mind pub food, we can go to the XUB. My treat for a new student. I work there, so I get a discount."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Shari » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:07 am

"Well..." 'Betty' glances around as if she's looking for something as she tries to decide. On one hand she really doesn't want to get walked around the place with a student. That'll just increase her odds of getting caught while steering her in a direction where she probably won't be able to swipe anything of significant value. But on the other hand, she's being offered free food. And not even out of pity. "Oh what the hell, can't turn that down, now can I?" she grins and shrugs one shoulder to adjust the strap of her backpack.
Shari

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:06 am

"Great, let's get going then." She gestures towards the door before leading the way herself.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to Braddock Manor