You Call This A Gate?

Up until recently maintained as a museum, the childhood home of the Braddock family has been pressed into service as classroom space for the University. Additionally, the increased demands have led to the main ballroom being converted into a cafeteria for University students on a meal plan. The old library has been bolstered with college textbooks.

Re: You Call This A Gate?

Postby Diego Zapata » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:36 pm

Diego covertly gave Bear a look that said, "Can you believe this lady"?
Diego Zapata

High Concept: Scruffy the Vampire Slayer
Aspect: Goofball
Aspect: Child of the Law
Aspect: Chisaki's Living Mannequin
Aspect: Webcomic Artist

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:42 pm

As they entered the administration building, the woman finally seems to find something she approves of. "Very nice, very nice." She clicks her pen and writes something in black ink.
Gemmalara

Postby Byrna Cooper » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:50 am

"The foyer is quite impressive!"

She returned a wink Diego's way.
Byrna Cooper
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:22 pm

"I was starting to lose hope after seeing the grounds." She wanders around the entryway, looking at things while the administration receptionist looks on with a questioning look. Finally the receptionist turns that look on Diego and Bear.
Gemmalara

Postby Diego Zapata » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:57 pm

"I am certain that the good people of the Desk of Welcome eagerly await thy inquiries," Diego said dramatically.
Diego Zapata

Postby Byrna Cooper » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:11 pm

Bear ran ahead, and alerted the receptionist he/she might get want to alert an administrator.
Byrna Cooper
Student

Postby Narrator » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:55 pm

The receptionist calls up to the Headmistress' office, "Miss Minimida, there's some students in the foyer with a visitor they believe you need to meet."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:11 pm

After a couple minutes Ashlie, wearing a white business suit, steps out from further in the building.

"Yes?" she addresses the gathered people. She was beginning to question why she even had a receptionist. Maybe she should build another body for herself to load into every time somebody strolled in through the gates asking for her.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:16 pm

The young woman scrutinizes her for a moment. "Greetings," she says, giving a slight bow and masking a puzzled look. "I am Gemmalara Allesandra Bellis Dewberry," she says, producing a business card with that name on it in silver ink. Under the name it says, 'Personal Assistant'. "I am here to make preparations for the arrival of the Acting Lady of the Lake."
Gemmalara

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:28 pm

"Right." she says a bit dubiously, taking the business card. "I'm Ashlie Minamida, the headmistress. Student arrivals are usually coordinated through the front office." she says, glancing over at the receptionist who just kind of shrugs at her.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:31 pm

"Well, her ladyship is a returning student," Gemmalara says, "Although her position has significantly improved since she was last here. At least it has improved for the time being. I have been assigned to her staff by the Grey Lords to make sure that her needs are seen to appropriately."
Gemmalara

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:10 pm

"Does her Ladyship have a name I could look up in the student registry?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:16 pm

She scrutinizes Ashlie for a moment, then jots something down on paper, tearing off the bit with the new note and handing it to Ashlie. "I'm sure you'll understand, but I'm... contractually prohibited from verbally revealing her name."
Gemmalara

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:20 pm

"I'm not entirely sure I do." she says as she looks at the piece of paper.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:23 pm

The note says 'Vivienne Chinnoir'. "Names are important, powerful even. I would appreciate it if you would destroy that note or return it to me to destroy."
Gemmalara

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:28 pm

"If you wish. Though her name is in my database anyway." she tells the strange woman. "She's free to resume her classes if she so chooses, there might be some administrative hurdles to clear but that's about it."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:33 pm

"I live to deal with administrative hurdles," Gemmalara says, "I trust quarters have been assigned to her or will be if they are not currently."
Gemmalara

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:35 pm

"Naturally. I believe her old room has been reassigned, but they are all identical."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:39 pm

"I may have other requests once I have reviewed the room. Who should I direct those to?"
Gemmalara

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:44 pm

"The room was adequate when she was here last, no? Otherwise you can contact maintenance and they will make the necessary adjustments."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Byrna Cooper » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:46 pm

Bear turned to Diego.

"Wait, that was for real?"
Byrna Cooper
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:38 pm

"I trust there will be no difficulties if I remain with her. My assignment to her staff is of no fixed duration."
Gemmalara

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:55 pm

"You can certainly enroll if you wish to. I'm afraid we don't provide housing for our student's assistants."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Diego Zapata » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Byrna Cooper wrote:Bear turned to Diego.

"Wait, that was for real?"

"Apparently?" Diego responded, "I thought those fairy rumors were crazy talk but I guess not."

"I want a unicorn now."
Diego Zapata

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Gemmalara rubs the bridge of her nose and mutters something, but when she looks up, her features are schooled back into their officious politeness. "You are sure there is no other way around this? I will sleep on the floor if I must. I have little choice in the matter about remaining with her."
Gemmalara

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:13 pm

"I'm sorry, I can provide room and board for mutants in need or students. Already employed and well-dressed assistants fall into neither category. I would tell the same to British Royalty trying to bring a man-servant."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:19 pm

The bridge of the nose is rubbed again and Ashlie's almost positive she can hear something about 'shoving a foot of salt-crusted cold iron through someone's nether regions," but Gemmalara's quickly back to politeness. "It seems I have little choice then. If you will have someone provide me with the necessary forms, I will enroll."
Gemmalara

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:35 pm

"Of course." she says with a nod towards the receptionist, who pulls out a couple of forms. "I do apologize, but rules are rules."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Byrna Cooper » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:16 pm

Bear stood by, incredulous.

"Well now. England got a lot more interesting."
Byrna Cooper
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:41 pm

"I assure you I am quite familiar with the concept of rules," Gemmalara says with just a hint of bitterness, sliding the forms onto her clipboard.
Gemmalara

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:56 pm

Ashlie quirks an eyebrow at Gemmalara. "I'll see if I can find you courses on things you are already familiar with or at least find interesting. Presence in class is highly encouraged but not strictly mandatory."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:59 pm

"I appreciate that and I'll do my best. But don't let my face fool you. I am older than I look."
Gemmalara

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:03 pm

"Considering you seem to have a job that requires professional attire, I'd assumed as much. I have a course-list for you here, just pick three that seem interesting." she says, grabbing a tablet from behind the desk and handing it to Gemmalara.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:29 pm

Gemmalara stares at the devices for a moment, as if trying to comprehend it. Then she reaches out with one hand to take it. Within a few seconds, Ashlie can detect the device's distress but immediately after that, the screen turns into a series of wonderful rainbow colors before going blank with an electric zapping noise and tiny wisps of smoke out of the ports. "It would appear that your magic conflicts with mine," she says, sheepsihly offering the now-broken tablet back to Ashlie.
Gemmalara

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Ashlie blinks at the tablet but doesn't make any motion to actually take it, just staring at the smoking remains of technology.

"If you could hand that to her, please." she finally says, indicating the receptionist. "I will print you a physical copy of the list."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:37 pm

Gemma hands the device to the receptionist, rubbing her hand on her hip. "I apologize for that. If there's something I can do to replace your magical device, by all means let me know."
Gemmalara

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:02 pm

"It's fine, I will repair it. No magic involved or required."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:04 pm

She eyes the device again and then turns back to Ashlie with a look of incredulity, "You can't be serious. There has to be magic involved in that."
Gemmalara

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Where do these people keep coming from?

"Not at all. Just clever use of electricity to make miniature crystal align in the right way to display text or images."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:44 pm

"Quite clever if it manages that," she says, frowning slightly. "I see that maybe I have some things to learn after all."
Gemmalara

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to Braddock Manor