Cameron Crazies

Up until recently maintained as a museum, the childhood home of the Braddock family has been pressed into service as classroom space for the University. Additionally, the increased demands have led to the main ballroom being converted into a cafeteria for University students on a meal plan. The old library has been bolstered with college textbooks.

Re: Cameron Crazies

Postby Wanda Johansson » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Wanda was apparently only trying to buy time for people in the school to either prepare or evacuate. She shoots skyward, hopefully trying to get out of the vertical reach of the lion creature as the winds starts to whip around into a tightening spiral.
Wanda Johansson

High Concept: Storm Druid
Aspect: Child of Earth
Aspect: A Butterfly Flaps Her Wings
Aspect: Putting Down Roots
Aspect: Wrapped In The Leash

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:19 pm

"Time to put that genius of yours to the test Cam," he said as he entered crisis mode. "Be right back," he added as he ran back in to grab some of the parts Cam had been gathering. With an apology, he took a piece from Ashlie too.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

High Concept: Nascent Cardinal Guardian
Aspect: Adorkable Tech Genius
Aspect: Hero In The Blood
Aspect: Crowded Brain
Aspect: Werewolf Lover
Aspect: Guilty Conscience

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:21 pm

A large werewolf lumbered through the halls near Tosh and Cam and Ashlie's body, a panicked expression in her eyes. "What's going on?" she growled to anyone that would listen.
Stephanie Kaltiera

High Concept: Reluctant Werewolf
Aspect: New Mutant
Aspect: Faithful
Aspect: Smitten with a Shark

Postby Shari » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:32 pm

"Whoa!" Shari skids to a momentary halt at the sight of the huge wolf...girl? "The Point is... gone. We're trying to fix it. They're trying to fix it. I... I dunno. You should probably run, there's shapeshifting aliens coming for us. Warn everyone!" she says as she starts running again, heading for the staircase to the roof.
Shari

High Concept: Shapeshifting Stranger
Aspect: Shaping Yourself
Aspect: Philosophy of Form

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Chisaki had been elsewhere returning back to the dorms when the commotion broke out. Quickly assessing which target to drop first, she focused on the Skrull lion readying itself to pounce Wanda, opening up the ground under him in an attempt to swallow him whole.
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:55 pm

The ground opens up, much to the Skrull's surprise, but as she falls her form changes again, a long narrow whip-like appendage lashing out and coiling around Wanda's leg, yanking her out of the sky along with her and slamming her down into the ground.

Meanwhile Secret Asian Man seems to have recovered from the lightning strike and punches his fists into the ground, creating a shockwave of frost that rapidly spreads through the ground towards Chisaki until it erupts in a thick block of ice and dirt underneath her feet, throwing her backwards.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Diego Zapata » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:59 pm

A fuzzy blur charged in and attempted to leap over the shockwave and sever the whip with his claws.
Diego Zapata

High Concept: Scruffy the Vampire Slayer
Aspect: Goofball
Aspect: Child of the Law
Aspect: Chisaki's Living Mannequin
Aspect: Webcomic Artist

Postby Narrator » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Unfortunately, the tendril seems to be tougher than your usual fleshy appendage and instead of cutting it Diego is pulled out of the air by Wanda being pulled down on top of him and they both go crashing to the ground together.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:05 pm

Chisaki flies back, the grass behind her rising up to meet her and soften the blow. She's back up on her feet in an instant, taking hold of the dirt filled ice blocks and throwing them back at Secret Asian Man as cover while she advances on him.

Chisaki had a handful of dirt in her fist which she was forcing into a solid, needle like object as she ran, intending on stabbing him with it.
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:08 pm

"Shapeshift...ali...what?!" Stephanie barked in disbelief. "I...do they want to hurt us--" her question was cut off as she saw the creatures through the windows, coming towards the building and attacking some of her new neighbors.

"Maybe I can help?" she offered, looking down at her wolfy physique.
Stephanie Kaltiera

Postby Shari » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:11 pm

"I... Maybe. Be careful though!"
Shari

Postby Wanda Johansson » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:15 pm

Wanda groans, rolling off of Diego as she tries to get to her feet. She manages hands and knees, but breathing hurts a bit at the moment.
Wanda Johansson

Postby Secret Asian Man » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:20 pm

Chisaki Watanabe wrote:Chisaki flies back, the grass behind her rising up to meet her and soften the blow. She's back up on her feet in an instant, taking hold of the dirt filled ice blocks and throwing them back at Secret Asian Man as cover while she advances on him.

Chisaki had a handful of dirt in her fist which she was forcing into a solid, needle like object as she ran, intending on stabbing him with it.

The Skrull bulks up as Chisaki throws chunks of ground his way, punching them apart as they come into reach, which lets Chisaki get close enough to strike at him with her improvised weapon. It sinks into his skin, although not as deep as she might have liked, the tough reptilian skin providing him with some protection. He whirls around at the attack and backhands Chisaki, knocking her a couple feet through the air, reaching over to where she stabbed him, scowling at the bit of green blood clinging to his fingers.
Secret Asian Man

Postby Diego Zapata » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:21 pm

"That... was supposed to go better..." Diego groaned as he slowly got up. "You okay?"
Diego Zapata

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:27 pm

"Okay...you always want to let me let you drive...so...show me what you can do, you bitch," Stephanie murmured, seemingly to herself. A change washed over her face, her eyes almost coming a more vibrant feral yellow and narrowing in focus. She let out a low growl, and dove through the window nearest her, tumbling into a graceful forward roll as she hit the ground and springing to her feet without stopping. She made a beeline for the two trapped on the ground, leaping up and slashing at the tendril with her claws.
Stephanie Kaltiera

Postby Business Mandy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:36 pm

The tendril flinches back at the swipe and retracts into the hole in the ground.

A moment later several clawed appendages grab the edges of the hole and lift out a shape that's not even remotely humanoid anymore. Just a ball of leathery skin with a giant mouth full of teeth. It roars at them and swipes a tentacle at Stephanie, wrapping it around her midsection and lifting her off the ground.
Business Mandy

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:47 pm

It takes a moment for her to rouse, but Chisaki gets up yet again, this time a large chunk of land coming with her.

Also, now she's wigless, which makes her a bit more than pissed off.

A rudimentary short sword in her left hand and a crude shield on her right forearm, she *again* charged towards Secret Asian Man.

Too much of her focus being applied to her weapons, she tries a trick she did already, but on a much smaller scale.

The earth under one of Secret Asian Man's feet shifts in an attempt to trip him up and allow her to descend on him.
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:18 pm

Stephanie roared as she was lifted off the ground and placed both hands on a section of tentacle near her, stretched it, and tried to tear it apart with her fangs.
Stephanie Kaltiera

Postby Cam Beckett » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:16 pm

"Right. OK. Chronal distortion. Got it.

That's....that's going to be....we didn't have time to test anything earlier, but in principle..." he muttered.

He snatched the device and started heading back down the stairs, tossing it up and down and turning it over and mumbling.

"OK. Alien tech. Right. Works on alien principles. Makes sense. Slows down chronotons, which means it can affect chronotons. Need to amplify the field somehow -- amplify the shit out of it. Need to speed up chronotons, and reverse direction. Not going to work in this casing; I need a larger surface to work with."

"Most of the equipment that would be best for this was in the Point, but there is no Point anymore. OK, improvise. What's LEFT. ASHLIE's body? No, that's not going to be projecting anything; it's a self-contained unit. Might be useful for getting the device to the epicenter of the disaster, but that's not sufficient. Stanton's dead, and those strange boxes the military were carrying are also toast. Alright...

A projector. A projector might work; it projects photons, but combine it with an accurate enough clock, and just maybe it can send out a pulse of chronotonic energy. Where to get a clock that precise? Most of the X-Tech was in the point..

OK. So now we need an accurate clock. What makes an accurate clock. An atomic clock would be best. That means we need a caesium oscillator. Where do I get caesium. No one's drilling for petroleum here, and if we had an atomic clock, that would solve our original problem. What else is cesium used for? Vacuum tubes. ASHLIE would never allow vacuum tubes as official equipment on campus; they'd offend her sense of style. Beast might have, but, again, point kablooie. No magnetometers in the dorms, THINK, Cam, THINK.

It's photoelectric. We need an OCR reader, or a 1980s video camera, or...

Solar cells. Yes, this place is Britain and the sun is a scary myth, but there has to be a solar generator somewhere, even if just show for the Green police. We need to strip a solar cell and get at the caseium inside. Of course, it tends to explode when it comes to air, so we'll need a vacuum. There should be a janitor's closet around here, somewhere. Using the vacuum, the solar cell, a projector from a classroom, parts from a wall clock and the time device, I think I can craft something that should be able to monitor and adjust the flow of time."
Cam Beckett
Student

Postby Wanda Johansson » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:21 pm

"Forget me, help her," Wanda gestures to Diego, trying to rise to her feet. As her skin comes in contact with the ground, some of her color starts to return and her breathing gets easier.
Wanda Johansson

Postby Shari » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Shari watches with at least a little bit of horror as Cam just casually tosses the device into the air, letting out a breath of relief when he catches it again.

"I understood vaccum and wall clock. There's solar thingies on the roof, I'll meet you there!" she shouts as she hops on the hand-railing and slides down on it, breaking into a run down the hall in search for the janitor's closet, stopping on the way to duck into a classroom and wrench a clock from the wall.
Shari

Postby Cam Beckett » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:28 pm

"Bait-breath, we still have problems, even if this works. We need a way to amplify this signal, to increase it's range, or we're going to have to do this all manually, and something this jury-rigged is not going to last for more than a few minutes. Ideally, it would create a sphere of massive diameter; enough to cover at least the university -- I'd prefer a more wide-spread effect, but then we might have to take into account the displacement of the Earth around the sun, and I don't have the time to run those calculations right now.

Any ideas in that direction? Or, for that matter, how the hell we're going to get to the epicenter of the disaster without being fried or, you know, irradiated?"
Cam Beckett
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:05 pm

"We can use a modified version of the component I built to amplify the stabilization field I used to correct the massive temporal distortion that tried to tear Maldon apart. This would be a smaller field so it shouldn't require as much power. I can rig up some protection from the reverse temporal flow but for the radiation I... well it'll come to me."
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Cam Beckett » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:08 pm

"If I'm going to be wandering into radiation, I'm pretty sure I don't want protection from the reverse temporal flow.

I hope that component of yours wasn't in the Point, was it?"
Cam Beckett
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Diego nodded and rushed the monstrosity, leaping on top of it and making like an angry housecat.
Diego Zapata

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:15 pm

"Oh it... blew up. Too much power. Have to rebuild it. And reversing ourselves just lets history repeat itself."
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Cam Beckett » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:16 pm

"History repeats itself only if the field effects everyone, but your point is taken.

How long will it take you to rebuild, and do you have the parts you need?"
Cam Beckett
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:27 pm

"The computer lab does. And... yeah... Minamida's drone body. 15 minutes. 10 maybe."
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Cam Beckett » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Cam looked down on the losing battle on the quad.

"I think you have about five."
Cam Beckett
Student

Postby Business Mandy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:38 pm

As if on cue Business Mandy sweeps the tentacle holding the clawing and biting Stephanie into Wanda, knocking both of them across the grounds while Diego lands on her body. The spot he's standing on immediately begins to open up, growing another mouth full of teeth.
Business Mandy

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:40 pm

"Five it is!" he said, rushing to get to work.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Secret Asian Man » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:42 pm

Meanwhile Secret Asian Man seems to have caught on to Chisaki's tricks. When the ground gives his leg simply grows longer as the temperature between him and the now wig-less girl drops considerably. A coating of frost creeps over her skin, slowing her down as the Skrull bears down on her and bashes into her shield with a thick, muscular arm, crumbling the earthen barrier and slamming right into her.

"Your X-Men have fallen already!" he bellows at the mansion in general and the students still inside. "The sorry remains of your warriors serve no challenge. Surrender now and your lives may be spared."
Secret Asian Man

Postby Diego Zapata » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:45 pm

"Now that's just cheating!" Diego yelped and leaped off to uselessly tear at somewhere else.
Diego Zapata

Postby Wanda Johansson » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:56 pm

Wanda is just getting to her feet when she gets slammed with giant werewolf. She tumbles across the lawn where she starts trying to get up again. It starts to rain on the lawn as the clouds finally let loose.
Wanda Johansson

Postby Shari » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:36 pm

It doesn't take too long before there's a loud clank clank coming from the stairs as Shari pulls along a vacuum by holding it by the hose, the actual vacuum bumping up the stairs behind her while she's holding a wall-clock along with a bit of plaster still stuck to it in her other hand.

"I got all the stuff!" she informs them as she pulls the vacuum closer with one last yank.
Shari

Postby Cam Beckett » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:44 pm

"Alright, perfect," Cam said, turning to the solar cell.

Without his tools, he just had to bust it open, and he swung his fist at it!

...Which resulted in a hurting fist!
Cam Beckett
Student

Postby Shari » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:49 pm

Shari winces before walking over to the solar cell and doing a determined stomp to it's surface, followed by another and another until the dang thing breaks open.

"I dunno how to make things, but I sure know how to break shit."
Shari

Postby Cam Beckett » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:15 pm

"Excellent. I knew there was a reason I hired you," Cam said, taking out the components he needed. "Let's just hope bait breath gets done in time," he added, beginning to hook everything together, running it through the vacuum's motor and adapting the projector to attach to the nozzle end of the device.
Cam Beckett
Student

Postby Shari » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:25 pm

As Cam is working Shari hears the Skrull yelling and walks over to the edge of the roof, immediately regretting her decision.
Shari

Postby Secret Asian Man » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:28 pm

"Well, well, well. The traitor decides to show her face!" Secret Asian Man exclaims. "Correction, Earthlings. Surrender and everyone but the traitor lives! Your parents aren't here to grant you mercy now!"
Secret Asian Man

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to Braddock Manor