Freak Pride

Up until recently maintained as a museum, the childhood home of the Braddock family has been pressed into service as classroom space for the University. Additionally, the increased demands have led to the main ballroom being converted into a cafeteria for University students on a meal plan. The old library has been bolstered with college textbooks.

Freak Pride

Postby Shari » Wed May 10, 2017 4:19 pm

By the time Colette and Shari have made their way over to the dining hall, Shari's face has completely changed again. It's now that of an adorably oversized moth or butterfly, along with a thick collar of what seems like fur at first glance but upon closer examination is made up of millions of tiny shimmering scales that poof out from underneath her coat. Her hands are still hands, though darker and slightly segmented at the joints. The fact that she has mandibles doesn't seem to impact her ability to speak much.

"Ugh... lines..." she complains as they, well, get in line. Then the guy in front of them turns around at that he looks a little taken aback at her sight. To which Shari responds by sticking out her 'tongue'/proboscis at him with a laugh.
Shari

High Concept: Shapeshifting Stranger
Aspect: Shaping Yourself
Aspect: Philosophy of Form

Re: Freak Pride

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu May 11, 2017 1:03 am

Colette had watched the transformation with a mixture of fear and fascination. After all, it was a bit like something out of a John Carpenter movie at times, seeing a form change from human to inhuman.

"You really do take great delight in your ability. It is... refreshing to see one enjoy zemselves so much here."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

High Concept: Dreamer Despite the Odds
Aspect: Density Is Not a Formality
Aspect: Everything is Sexier In France
Aspect: Beware the Cute Ones
Aspect: Hair of Goo, Heart of Gold

Postby Shari » Thu May 11, 2017 1:25 am

"Good. People need to be less... shitty. Feeling like crap about who you are is the worst and it's always somebody else's fault. No, not you." she tells the guy in front of them who has turned around with a confused look on his face.
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu May 11, 2017 10:36 pm

"Zat is a view I have tried to express to ozers, zough sometimes it is difficult to sound sincere when telling zem."

Colette took one of the plastic trays from the stack, carefully selecting her cutlery so that she doesn't "dirty" any left behind.

"But zat is not my job now, is it? Zat is what ze teachers here are for. So perhaps I should take ze easy. Zat is ze expression, is it not?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Fri May 12, 2017 12:16 am

"I guess? I dunno, I'm not particularly good at this. Sometimes you just end up having to flip everybody off with as many arms as you can manage. But that made my parents give me the boot. Then again, they're assholes, so fuck them. Anyway, what was I getting at? Oh yea. The more you openly stand your ground the more enemies you're gonna make, so walk among them unnoticed until it's too late. Lessons of War number who the fuck cares. It's what my parents believe so I'm pretty sure the opposite's correct." she rambles on.
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Fri May 12, 2017 1:43 am

"I am... sorry zat your parents did not set ze best example for you. I fear zat many of ze students here have shared similar experiences."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Fri May 12, 2017 3:30 am

"Yeah. People just don't like it when you're different, I guess. Only difference is what kinda different. Different. Different. Well, that word lost all meaning just now." she chuckles.
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun May 14, 2017 2:54 am

Colette selected a cheese and pickle sandwich from the lunch selection and placed it on her tray, already eager to move on to the desserts.

"And even here, persons like to categorize each ozer. Ze poor telepazs, no one trusts zem."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Sun May 14, 2017 10:02 pm

Shari just piles up carbohydrates like crazy on her plate. Giant chunk of lasagna, fries and a bunch of bread along with a whole handful of those little butter packages.

"Cause people don't trust each other." she nods as she follows Colette, eyeing the desserts.
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun May 14, 2017 10:40 pm

"Correct! Which is why ze school spends so much time trying to create a sense of community zrough teamwork. We are all in zis togezer, whezer it be we as mutants, we as a nation, or we as a planet." Colette was one of those students who loved the school, while many others wished they could have just remained home, and many more preferred if they hadn't developed their powers at all.

When it came time for desserts, that's was Colette's time to shine. Bakewell tart, Eton mess, slices of banoffee and lemon meringue pie; the girl's plate was packed with sugar. If there hadn't been so many on campus who required massive amounts of calories due to their abilities some girls might've shot Colette a very dirty look due to her ability to indulge herself, though of course it came at a pretty steep price.

"Will you be able to fit all of zat zhrough your... straw zingie?" Colette asked, gesturing to Shari's lunch.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Mon May 15, 2017 12:17 am

Shari chuckles. "Sure, but nobody wants to see that. 'Sides, eating with it is terrible, no taste at all."
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Mon May 15, 2017 5:34 am

"Well, zat defeats ze point, does it not? Food wizout taste is like wine wizout alcohol, or ze beach wizout sunshine."

Colette added a few bottles of water to her tray before she lifted her head.

"Do your segmented eyes see a good place for us to sit?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Tue May 16, 2017 5:13 pm

"Sure do!" she says, swiping her student ID to pay for her food. She still has no idea who the picture on it actually is, but it's not like any actual picture of her would stay relevant for long anyway. She leads Colette over to a table with a couple empty spots and plops down in her chair. "So how do you eat? You just let it float around inside?"
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Wed May 17, 2017 4:30 am

Colette sat herself down, careful of her skirt as she settled in, showing some restraint in selecting half of her sandwich first before any of the desserts.

"Well, is zat not how ozers eat?" She asked with head tilted and an awkward smile. "I... well normally do not force ozers to watch, out of politeness." She made a gesture toward her face with one hand, her visage taking on that bubblegum pink opacity again before taking on that translucent pink goo look once more.

"But, if you are really curious, I could forgo zis."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Wed May 17, 2017 3:15 pm

"I mean, you're not wrong. You don't gotta do it if you don't want, but I don't mind. I bet it looks hella rad." she says, her proboscis, now with bit of a spiky bit at the tip, shoots out and spears a bit of lasagna to be reeled into her mandibles. It's not as messy as it could be but she still gets tomato sauce all over her chompy bits.
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu May 18, 2017 2:17 am

Colette saw how Shari was showing off her eating habits on her form, so she thought perhaps she'd indulge the curious new friend a bit. Her face retained its translucent appearance as she bit into her sandwich. Her gelatin teeth seemed to lack the cutting ability of other students mouths, perhaps her more opaque form sported tougher toothies, though maybe that explained why she had taken a knife along with her fork and spoon even though most of her meal was rather soft. Her mouth in general was funny; when she opened her mouth there was a cavern inside of her complete with tongue, but as soon as she closed it that "bubble" collapsed, taking with it the piece of sandwich. It just seemed to float in her head for a moment, slowly drifting toward the collar of her shirt, tiny bits and pieces breaking off and disappearing like a lazy alka-seltzer tablet. It hadn't been like x-ray footage where one can see muscles moving, there was just... pink goo, moving the food around in an invisible current.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Thu May 18, 2017 4:40 am

"Man, that's the laziest kinda eating ever." Shari laughs. "Are you like one giant stomach?"
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Fri May 19, 2017 1:51 am

Colette wasn't certain how it was lazy, though not really having teeth meant that chewing her food was easier said than done. As it was she was using her fork to cut a piece out of her tart rather than just biting into it.

"I... suppose so? In ozers, zeir cells are formed to do certain zings. Some are muscles, some carry oxygen, some fight disease, zose sort of zings. Mine just do everzing, everywhere."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Fri May 19, 2017 2:11 am

"There's all kinds of stomachs and teeth and teeth in stomachs and moving it around going on for almost everything. You just dissolve it right into you. Sounds lazy to me." she winks.
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sat May 20, 2017 10:15 pm

"Well it is not as zough I have not tried to become more... normal. But I have always been zis way, I have no idea of where to begin." Colette explained, her voice a little sad. Her visage took on that opaque pale pinkness again now that the demonstration was over, the girl sampling some of her tart and adopting a more cheerful expression. She was easy to please.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Sun May 21, 2017 12:51 am

"Hey, I'm just giving you shit. Nothing wrong with how you eat, Squishy."
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Tue May 23, 2017 3:16 am

"But, is not laziness a bad zing? It is a sin, no?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Tue May 23, 2017 3:12 pm

"Is it? I mean, you don't wanna sit on your butt all day, but what's the harm in doing something efficiently so it's less work?"
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu May 25, 2017 2:54 am

Colette tried to sort this out. "Laziness is sloz, which is a sin, which is bad. But it is also efficient, which is good? I zink I my understanding of English is too poor for me to follow."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Thu May 25, 2017 3:21 pm

"I think you guys just have different kinda sins." Shari concludes.
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun May 28, 2017 2:16 am

Colette furrowed her brow.

"Are you... Mormon?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Sun May 28, 2017 6:18 am

"I dunno what that is, so probably no. I'm..." she hesitates for a moment and Colette can see Shari be reticent about something for the first time. "...one of the guys who attacked the school. The 'aliens'." she says, making airquotes.
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Tue May 30, 2017 1:09 am

"Oh. Okay. Zat makes sense.'"

Colette blinked a couple of times before she ate another portion of her tart.

"Did you want to try one of zese?" She asked, pointing to the assortment of desserts on her tray.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Wed May 31, 2017 7:47 pm

"You know what, sure. Why not." she says before spearing one of the sweets with her tongue. In the blink of an eye it's reeled in and the whole pastry disappears into Shari's mouth in one piece.

"Pwehhy 'ood." she says, adding a thumbs up for clarity.
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Wed May 31, 2017 11:27 pm

Colette gave a little start at the darting tongue heading toward her, though she could not suppress her giggling at the spectacle.

"Well, I zink zat you are very... efficient as well!"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Wed May 31, 2017 11:50 pm

Shari chuckles with her mouth still full of dessert before swallowing it down.

"So, Invisi-Boy's your boyfriend, huh? I bet that looks kinda funky when you two get busy."
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:32 am

Colette tilted her head to one side, her cheek puffed out with another bite of her sandwich.

"When we are busy doing what?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:39 pm

"You know. Smooching."
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:04 am

Colette's cheeks flush.

"I would not know. My eyes are always closed."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:24 am

"Aww, that's adorable." she says and she sounds genuine at least. "Plus, not much difference from your point of view, am I right?" she can't help but add on a joke to ruin it immediately.
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:01 am

"It is actually... easier?" Colette mused, trying to think of how to explain it. "Wiz my eyes open, my sight is tricking me. But eyes closed I can use zat sense of... space? All zose subtle signs of where somezing is zat get overlooked when - one - looks...."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:18 am

Shari tilts her head a little. "Yeah, I guess I could see that. But you know what also helps with that? A whole lotta eyyyyes!" she says as little bulbs of compound eyes grow on her hands. She looks confused for a moment, tilting her head the other way. "Okay this works better without clothes cause you can't see most of the eyes I just grew and I'm, like, 80% blind now." she laughs.
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:40 am

"If I cannot see him wiz two eyes, I do not zink a zird or more will be of much help." Colette mused softly before a smile slowly crept across her face.

"So you are saying zat your eyes are not up here?" An awkward attempt to make a joke about men staring at women's chests, but at least she tried.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Shari » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:28 am

"Oh they're up there, back there, just generally everywhere." she chuckles.
Shari

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:38 am

"Hopefully not on your seat,I cannot imagine zat zis would be very comfortable."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to Braddock Manor