Overslept

Built on the Braddock Estate not far from the Manor, these were constructed for the university's benefit to help house the student population.

Overslept

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:12 pm

At some point after making sure Haley wasn't going to die on her (despite the noted improvement in the music that gets played in the room that would have come with) Miriam must have crawled into bed herself. She has no idea when exactly she went to bed, she must have just passed out after an exhausting night. The weak rays of a setting sun are shining through the mostly pulled curtain and when she sits up with a groan her shoulder moves into the path of one of them. Letting out a sharp yell at her skin immediately turning an angry red and sizzling slightly she pushes herself back with her legs and ends up in the corner of her bed, blanket pulled up to her chin like a frightened kid. She carefully reaches out for her shoulder and winces a little when she touches the burnt skin, which suddenly makes the scattered beams of light spearing through the room seem much less friendly. Gathering the blanket around herself like a protective cover she launches herself from the bed and hurries to the door, ducking through the light of the setting sun. Closing the door behind herself she lets out a sigh of relief and let's herself fall back against the door for a moment.

((open))
Miriam Bell
Student

High Concept: Sorrowful Telepath
Aspect: Powerful Enemies
Aspect: Structural Shadow

Re: Overslept

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:37 pm

Tereza is just coming out of her room and she stops when she sees Miriam. "Haley playing bad music again?"
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:31 pm

Bloody hell, Sam's lapdog. Just what I needed.

"Just a rough couple days, couple too many drinks." she says evasively. She does look pretty pale and disheveled and like she just crawled out of bed.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:36 pm

"I'd say so. Kind of a late start to the day," she says, "Even I don't party that hard. Celebrating something?"
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:49 pm

"That's because downing a bottle of vodka by yourself isn't partying." Miriam says before she can stop herself. In her defense, she's had a couple really shitty days. "Just lost track of time and rolled over one too many times." she mumbles, trying to move away from the insult.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:09 pm

Tereza's lip curls slightly and she steps uncomfortably close to Miriam, "At least I wouldn't go out partying when my girlfriend's having night terrors." At this range, it's not hard for Miriam's senses to pick up the undercurrent of 'wolf' riding under all the other scents clinging to Tereza.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:14 pm

"What the hell are you talking about?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:17 pm

"She blew the windows out of the common room, left a scorch mark on the floor. Rumor is she had some sort of weird dream. I definitely heard the thunder. Not something you usually hear in December."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:23 pm

"Great. Just great... Now would you kindly get out of my face?" she says, only refraining from giving Tereza's shoulders a shove because she's afraid it'll be like shoving a wall.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:50 pm

"Hey, I'm not the one who started this and I'm not the one who's making it sound like her girlfriend's troubles are an inconvenient imposition." She half-steps aside, but Miriam would still have to brush past her. "Hopefully Wanda finds someone who will actually support her."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:25 pm

"Maybe you should mind your own business instead of being a judgmental bitch." she says, extricating herself from between Tereza and the door without bumping into her too much.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Tereza gives a derisive sniff and then frowns, making a grab for Miriam's shoulder. "If you were out drinking, why do you smell like blood?"
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:48 pm

And that was when Haley, fresh from her post-class afternoon nap,(almost more of an after-class collapse face-first into her pillow) walked out the door with a large bandage slapped onto her throat.

"You guys okay?" she asked groggily, picking up some of the animosity in the air.
Haley Crusek
Student

High Concept: Pint-sized Powerhouse
Aspect: Wannabe hero
Aspect: Shitty psychic
Aspect: Hothead
Aspect: Walmart-brand Tinkerbell

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:38 pm

"Because I never said I was out drinking." she snaps when Tereza's grip on her shoulder stops her and spins her around to face her. "We had an emergency last night, which is why I'm a little loopy after helping Haley. Which I wasn't going to bring up so I wouldn't have to embarrass her in front of people, but there you go. Happy now? Her telekinesis exploded a glass on her nightstand." she lies smoothly.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:19 am

Tereza frowns, obviously not happy, but she's obviously cut short by the Haley-evidence now presenting itself in the hall. "You okay, Haley?" She turns her attention to the tiny Texan.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:34 am

Haley hesitated for a moment, but maybe she could pass that off as being still groggy.

"Uh...so what are we telling people about what happened.....that?" she spoke mentally to her roommate.

"Y-yeah...just lost a bit of blood, kinda...yeah. Just still really groggy."

Convincing.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:24 pm

"Good lord, you're a telepath, how are you so bad at lieing?"

"So yeah. But thanks for guilt-tripping me about not being in two places at once. Maybe you should try being a little less wolf and a little more human."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:45 pm

"I wouldn't be giving you grief about it if there weren't people trying to use your girlfriend to turn off the sun," Tereza growls, rounding on Miriam. "Sam told me about the guy at the club. She's vulnerable and you know it."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:09 pm

"....Reza, the growling is like...super scary. Can we not...uh...well you know. Eat my roommate and I?"

Thats my roommate's job.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:13 pm

Tereza actually looks hurt, "I don't eat people. It's not even a consideration. What do you take me for?"
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:41 am

Haley sighed, squinted her eyes shut, and rubbed her temples. "I'm sorry, Reza...I'm just tired and I still feel like crap, and there's a lot of tension in the air right here, and the growling is scary.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:30 pm

"If you don't want people to think you're a rabid animal then maybe you shouldn't act like one. And keep your damn nose out of my relationships." Miriam snipes as she tries to brush past Tereza to head towards the showers.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Brushing past Tereza isn't as difficult as she originally imagined. She has very little trouble pushing past her, which earns a strange look from Tereza. But as Miriam decides to move past the brick wall of werewolf, she picks up the stray thought that Tereza has decided to stop talking to a brick wall and is just letting Miriam go.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:39 am

"I...better get going. Uh...you know. Study group. Er..Dinner," Haley fumbled, looking nervously between her departing roommate, and Tereza.

"I'm sorry, 'Reza...didn't mean to...you know. Say that. I know you'd never hurt me."

She looked very much like she wanted to say something else, but started to turn and walk down the hall in the opposite direction of her roommate.
Haley Crusek
Student

Topic attributes:

Return to Xavier's University Dorms