A Little Spot of Clay

Built on the Braddock Estate not far from the Manor, these were constructed for the university's benefit to help house the student population.

A Little Spot of Clay

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:02 am

The X-Corp Vans had come back to campus, where Will had been able to unload his Skrull cargo directly into a security bay. Waving off the X-Corp members and paying as little attention to the Skrulls as physically possible, Will had strolled out with his head held high.

Almost as soon as he got out of sight, however, his gait quickly staggered and his shoulders sagged, his skin turning mottled and grey as he let himself sag in a ways, drained from the fight and the quite significant loss of mass, still spread halfway around the conference center. He ignored the people watching him as he staggered back towards the dorms, eschewing the elevator and taking the stairs to avoid having to wait in the central lobby area.

By the time he reached the floor of the dorms, he was in poor shape indeed.

First off, just due to a lack of mass, he had let himself shrink down. Normally about 5'10" -- and a little taller than that when in Hero Mode -- he was now maybe two and a half feet tall, and looked like he weighed a fraction of his normal self. He didn't really have "skin" anymore either, or clothes or, well, many identifiable variations in his body, now completely gray and clay-like, as even his fingers and toes were short stubs of their normal selves. Lines where hair would meet head or muscles would go into one another were essentially non-existent, and his body deformed a little bit with each step, as he put his weight on first one stubby clay leg and then the other, leaving a small trail of grey clay footprints staining the carpet.

He was making his way not for his dorm room, but for the communal kitchen, instead.

((open))
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Re: A Little Spot of Clay

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:14 pm

Will looked up at the countertops, frowning.

He started slowly pushing a chair over to them, but quickly ran into some trouble, as his fingers finished retreating into the rounded clay stumps that served as arms at this point, without noticeable joints or other bendy bits.

Sighing, he slumped down against the counter-top, his clay form sagging and drooping, as he caught his breath and planned his next moves.

((open))
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:02 am

Gemma walks into the kitchen, glancing at the small clay man on the counter without much regard until she realizes the little clay man is catching his breath. "Are you well?" She walks over to the counter, peering at him curiously.
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:34 am

From his spot on the floor, the clay man looked up at Gemma.

"Mmm. Not...well, I've been better," he admitted between pants. "It's been...a day."

Gemma presumably was unaware of the Pillsbury doughboy, so perhaps a particularly nonthreatening or poorly made golem might be the first thing Will's form brought to mind.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:22 pm

She squats down, putting herself closer to his level. "Everyone has days," she tilts her head. "Well, it is arguable that the dead do not have days, but as you appear to be very much alive, I think that can be discounted. What can I do to help?"
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:46 am

"I need...I need mass," Will frowned. "Just...lost a lot of it on the mission. I just need to eat. Just to...replenish myself."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:03 am

"Food then," she says, hopping up on the counter and beginning to raid the cabinets. Since he didn't seem to be picky, she wasn't either as one of the first things tossed down was the stock sweetener that the kitchen kept for tea and coffee.
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:11 am

Will awkwardly tried to catch the packet -- a difficult task with no fingers or, really, hands. It smacked awkwardly against his chest, and he began trying to tear it open.

Apparently, he wasn't particularly picky at this point in time, either.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Gemma sees the predicament and climbs down. "Here," she says, tearing open the packet for him. Making sure he's situated for the moment, she goes back to raiding the cabinets, pulling all manner of things out. "I think I might have to try the refrigerator," she says after a moment.
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:48 pm

Will quickly took the open packet and poured it directly into his mouth, and then continued on with the various goods and sundries that Gemma had found. Normally, people run coffee grounds through a machine before ingesting them, but Will just punctured the bag and went to town. Same with a shaker of salt Gemma tossed down.

It was...not the prettiest of sights.

"Mmmph. Yeah, the fridge. Good stuff in the fridge," Will said between bites. Was his clay becoming a little...darker?
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Gemma frowns at the refrigerator, then tugs her hand into her sleeve and opens the door, reaching in to pull some meat that was labeled 'Tereza' and tossing it over to Will. "Hopefully people don't mind too terribly."
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:01 pm

Will waved his arm stump. "Mmmph. Have no fears. Blame it on me; I'll handle it," he said, tearing at the packaging of the meat.

"If there's some butter in there, that would be heavenly. Fats."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:05 pm

She pulls out a few things and sniffs them, regretting it and putting them back quickly. After a bit more searching, she finds a tub of some sort of spread. She brings it over, setting it down and popping it open. "You're starting to look a bit better."
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:13 pm

"It's a matter of mass," Will said. He was definitely not panting for breath so much anymore.

"I lost a lot of it. I was on a mission, and...and ended up getting nearly as good as I gave."

He grabbed a pickle from one of the jars, and swirled it around in the spread. He then took the resulting buttery pickle and dipped it into the coffee grinds, which, naturally, stuck to the butter. He then bit off the top and chewed, thoughtfully.

"Some people lose blood, and pass out and die and all those nasty things. I'm not a fan of any of that," he said, his mouth full between bites. As he ate the coffee-butter-pickle, his skin began turning...well, a little bit greener. Not a natural fleshtone, but not the pure clay color, either. "I'm more, whazza word. Homogenous. So I just lose stuff. Same Will taste, half the Will calories. I just gotta...replenish some. Been a while since I lost that much, that quickly."

He dumped a bit of a bottle of soy sauce on Tereza's raw meat, and started going to town on it, too. He was beginning to get a little bit larger, though it was hard to tell precisely.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:17 pm

"I see," she says, scrutinizing him as if she's trying to divine something from his appearance. "I have my 'phone', I could order you some food if you would like."
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:30 pm

"Oh, I'd hate to be a bother," he said, his stomach growling. "But if you wouldn't mind. I'll owe you one."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:36 pm

She seems momentarily shocked by something, but nods, "I'll call this place then. I believe they serve 'pizza'." She pulls a stylus out of the back of the phone case and dials, holding the phone a bit from her head as she places an order for several pizzas.
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:45 pm

"Pizza's gooood. Did you know you could put anything on top of them? Seriously. I went to Japan once and there was corn. And chocolate sauce. It's better than it sounds, and it sounds amazing."

He was up to maybe two feet tall now, but it seemed like he was growing out and around more than up at this stage. Pickle-butter-coffee was apparently just a little bit fattening.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:47 pm

She hangs up the phone and squats down next to him. "You're staying short. Is that normal for your kind?"
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:49 pm

"My...kind?" Will asked, confused between bites. "I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that."

"I have some difficulty controlling my form when I'm adding and losing so much mass in a short period of time," he explained. "Fatigue and difficulty incorporating new elements. Food tends to go straight to my stomach, but it's still more enjoyable than the alternatives."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:34 pm

"Your kind. Human... mutant... whatever it is you call yourself. Some days I don't quite feel like I can keep up."
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:55 pm

"Mmm. I try to avoid labels like that, but I suppose I'm fairly unique...or, at least, I've never met anybody with a mutation quite like mine.

...That's not entirely true, but the people I've met were also me. Interdimensional wonkyness, you know how it is."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:20 am

"Yes, after a fashion. I believe most here believe that my home is another dimension."
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:26 am

"Izzat so? Where are you from, then," Will said, offering her some of the weird spread.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:27 pm

"It's on the other side of the Veil. We don't really have a name for it ourselves, but I believe it's commonly referred to as the Fey Realm here."
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:47 pm

"No kiddin? Like, Arthur and magic and all that kinda stuff. Cool beans. Really cool beans.

Oh! You should meet Sam. That's basically the same thing, right?"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:01 pm

"I have met the Morrigan... I mean, Sam. She's interesting to talk to ."
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:02 pm

"Sam, Morrigan, one half dozen, another. Ooh, that reminds me -- pass the eggs."

He carefully cracked one, and began sucking on the insides.

"Mmph. I bet you find a bunch of people here interesting to talk to, then? All kinds of strange mortal things? Not a single person, I dunno, dancing around a bonfire or whatever it is you people do?"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:39 pm

"Do I look like a faun or one of those damnable satyrs? To be honest, my daily routine there wasn't much different than what I do here, just with more magic and interaction with nobles."
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:56 pm

"Oh, you often find little clay men melting into discs back in Faeland?" Will chuckled. "What brings you to this side of the...veil, you said?"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:00 pm

"I was assigned to Vivienne. Her interim position warrants staff."
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:11 pm

"Vivienne, Vivenne," Will mused, crunching on an eggshell. "Viviennnne...

Oh! Oh, of course. I didn't realize she was even here. You serve the...I'm sorry, what title does she have here? And you said, 'interim' position? Like, some sort of...apprenticeship?"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:14 pm

"Interim Lady of the Lake," Gemma says, "I'm her maidservant and sometime-bodyguard. It's possible her mother may resume the title, but that question has yet to be answered."
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:21 pm

"Mmm. Promotions are always nice. Lady of the Lake! That sounds pretty darn important, which makes you pretty darn important, too.

Well, as one hired help to another, if there's anything you need, I'm right down the hall," he said, gesturing extremely vaguely in the general vicinity of his dorm.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:20 pm

"I'll keep that in mind. Who are you hired help for?"
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:47 pm

Will drew himself up straight -- which may have looked more impressive if he wasn't still sub-three feet tall and rounder than he was defined, but you go with what you got.

"I was, will be and am the Champion of the Morrigan; commander of her squadron, confidant, ally and friend. The Fulacht na Morrigna, in which weapons are forged and hospitality spread."

"...And maker of vastly over-dramatic pronouncements, apparently."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:39 pm

"Some offices require a certain level of announcement and it sounds like yours is one of the ones. Being the servant of the Morrigan is something to be dramatic about."
Gemmalara

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:36 am

"It is, at times. Other times, it involves fixing plumbing and cooking dinner. You know, a range of talents. I'm sure you must feel roughly the same?"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:29 pm

"These days, yes. Maidservants do far more things than I'd initially imagined."
Gemmalara