Room 117 - A Gift For The Fey

Built on the Braddock Estate not far from the Manor, these were constructed for the university's benefit to help house the student population.

Room 117 - A Gift For The Fey

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:12 pm

A box was left on Vivienne's bed wrapped in paper covered in puppies and kittens. On it, in Tereza's handwriting was Vivienne's name.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Re: Room 117 - A Gift For The Fey

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Vivienne moved around the bed slowly, watching the box as if it were to move or explode. "Gifts" given in the middle of Winter's peak were suspect, especially in light that more then a few from that court were becoming impatient. It wouldn't surprise her if one became irate and sent something unpleasant. She carefully sat on the bed and pulled the gift to her lap and began to carefully unwrap it.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:50 pm

It was a fairly standard cardboard box taped shut with scotch tape and all the signs of having been salvaged to be used for this purpose. Inside, under tissue paper, was a toy microphone resting on top of a note and what looked like clothing of some kind underneath the note. The note read:
We will always have a place for you with us, Sweetie.

-Tereza
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:47 pm

She fastidiously smoothed out the paper and refolded it flat before carefully removing each item from the box.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:28 am

The toy microphone was pretty much what it appeared to be. Under that was the note. Under that was a top. Under that was a pair of distressed jeans which looked relatively typical for the style. Closer inspection revealed though that they were a standard pair of jeans and the rips on the legs where in parallel rows of four as if some creature's claws had ripped through the fabric or something.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:57 am

Lightly she ran her hand along the rips, bemused smile on her lips. She then looked thoughtful and rolled off her bed, crouching down to reach under her bed and retrieve a small wooden chest. Within was what appeared to be a extensive sewing kit and several embroidered patches. She chose two, a needle and embroidery scissors she then used to cut a lock of her hair. In silence she carefully but quickly stitched several of the silver gold strands into the pattern of the patches.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:59 am

About that time, Gemma comes in after being who knows where and doing who knows what. She takes one glance at what Vivienne is doing. "If your clothing was in need of repair, you could have told me."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:58 am

Vivienne looked startled, her work quickly hidden in her lap.

"I thought you would be away longer."

She reviled the items to Gemma.

"Yule gifts, for Tereza and Samantha."

They were embroidered military style shoulder patches. One with a silver and gold highlighted wolf and "Glacier" in the banner above. The second had three ravens, two flanking the third with out stitched wings, all three highlighted as well, the banner name "Morrigan" half highlighted.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:34 pm

Gemma seems a little confused, "Yule gifts? I was under the impression you gave them to people you liked... or are you trying to placate the Morrigan?" Apparently, inside the room, Gemma is okay with being somewhat impertinent.
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:18 pm

"That is the tradition and not an unwise course to take with the Morrigan, but no. Since I first arrived Samantha did nothing but attempt to befriend me and put me at ease. She care and keeps Tereza happy and for that I am grateful. Loyal friends and allies are worth more then the contents of a thousand Court Vaults." She opened her sewing chest and pulled out a third, yet to be embellished, patch and offered it over to Gemma.

"Your's is unfinished at the moment."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Gemma turns the patch over in her hand, looking at it. "I'm honored to be counted among those friends and allies."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:08 pm

The patch was the image of a large crystalline tree, faceted and multicolored the name above was "Jewel".

"Since I am unsure of your future after, at least with this you will always be able to find me and I you, if you wish." She carefully pulled her hair to the side to reveal the short cropped patch.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:17 pm

"We'll see. I may not be allowed to cross back over the veil once we're done."
Gemmalara

Topic attributes:

Return to Xavier's University Dorms