Room 105: Christmas Bounties

Built on the Braddock Estate not far from the Manor, these were constructed for the university's benefit to help house the student population.

Re: Room 105: Christmas Bounties

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:00 pm

The block of clay was fairly heavy and still rather damp, deforming somewhat in her arms as she picked it up. It smelled like artificial lavender scent -- an improvement over cigarettes and meat!

The faint outline of a face was on the side of the cube facing up. "Nnn. Shari?"
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Shari » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:49 am

"Oh good, you're still in there." Shari grin and chucks Will back in the tub. Then she grabs the back and pulls out a couple cupcakes and a cup of coffee and tosses them in as well before finding the 'Mix it all up' button.
Shari

High Concept: Shapeshifting Stranger
Aspect: Shaping Yourself
Aspect: Philosophy of Form

Postby Narrator » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:22 pm

"Wait, Shari, hold onnnnnaaaaa!'

With a wet thump, Will fell back into the tub (leaving a little bit of wet clay on Shari's hands). Being a more-or-less solid block, the cupcakes sort of just impacted on the surface, and slid down the side, leaving a trail of lemon frosting as they fell. The coffee sort of splooshed on top, staining the bottom of Will's block a pale brown before slowly seeping in.

Hitting the "mix it all up" button (not labeled as such, Shari! Learn to read!) presented the tub with a problem, as the paddles started mixing...well, nothing. Will wasn't taking up the majority of the tub, so the paddles just slammed into the clay block occasionally, being slightly slid around the tub as he scraped along the bottom.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Shari » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:32 pm

"I question the design of this thing." Shari concludes before heading off once more, only to return with a couple buckets of water she starts dumping into the thing. It's like baking a cake, she figures. Not that she has any idea how to bake a cake.
Shari

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:53 pm

That got things going, as Will absorbed the water like a sponge. It became less solid, and slowly but surely began to be deformed and mixed up by the paddles. Being a solid was damned inconvenient; Shari might need to figure out a long-term solution there.

But the mixers were now doing their thing, picking up speed. It was actually going smoother than earlier -- the added moisture making the clay mixture far more fluid and easy to move around, allowing the paddles to go quite quickly as the resistance was removed. It changed color, as well, going from the baby blue of the cleaning agents to a lighter, pink color -- probably due to the frosting on the cupcakes, if Shari's calculations were correct.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Shari » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:16 pm

Shari carefully sticks a finger into the mixture to catch a bit of Will on her fingertip while avoiding the paddles. "You're one weird cookie-dough, Will." she muses as she taps the bit of clay between index finger and thumb. When the tub dings, announcing it's finished with it's mixing cycle she absentmindedly sticks her finger in her mouth to clean it.
Shari

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Will -- and, by extension, Shari's finger -- tasted just like buttercream frosting, with a hint of coffee, lemon and vanilla mixed in. If anything, it tasted higher-quality than the cafeteria-made cupcakes; with a richer, more full-bodied taste and less artificial flavorings.

It probably was not low-fat.

The mixing cycle finished, the churning pink clay gradually settled to a halt, before a bright pink hand gripped the side of the vat, trying to pull itself out. It grew more and more humanoid as it pulled, fine details beginning to gradually take shape, if left to her own devices.

Will was bright pink. Not, like, regular human skin pink or 'just had a really bad sunburn' pink; but 'pretty pretty princess' pink, clearly and obviously artificial. The texture was wrong, too -- spongy and delicate, not firm like flesh would be. She was also all around larger -- obviously retaining a significant portion of the water Shari had added in, giving her a more full figure than she normally chose to wear. Her hair...well, it was just frosting, wasn't it, a ponytail running down her back.

The air was filled with the scent of freshly ground coffee, which is probably a better smell than the spicy meat from earlier.

Will blinked. Once, twice, threefourfivesixseven times in rapid succession.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Shari » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:26 pm

"Breakfast's served?" Shari grins slightly, not sure how Will is going to take this.
Shari

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:33 pm

"Ooh-breakfast?

I-could-do-with-breakfast-I'm-really-hungry-I-haven't-eaten-in-a-few-hours-though-I-don't-technically-need-to-eat-you-know-but-I-try-to-do-it-anyway-it-seems-to-make-people-more-comfortable-around-me-and-makes-me-feel-more-normal-and-less-like-a-freak-besides-that's-what-people-seem-to-expect-when-they-see-someone-with-arms-legs-head-toes-fingers-fingernails-eyelashes-and-so-on-and-so-forth-living-up-to-people's-expectations-is-really-important-don't-you-think-if-you-don't-then-they-don't-like-being-around-you-and-that's-not-good-so-by-eating-breakfast-I-feel-more-accepted-by-people-in-general-do-you-think-they-have-yogurt-I-like-yogurt-sometimes-but-not-when-they-have-chunks-of-fruit-in-it-I-like-the-smoother-kind-better-it-goes-down-easier-don't-you-think?"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Shari » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:53 pm

"Damn girl, slow down. You're right on one thing though, people like when you do people things."
Shari

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:56 pm

"Slow-down?-Am-I-going-too-fast-for-you-I-do-that-sometimes-I-always-like-to-jump-ahead-to-the-end-but-everyone-else-can-be-so-slow-at-times-like-come-on-hurry-up-and-just-do-whatever-you're-going-to-do-is-that-unfair-of-me-it-might-be-I-can't-expect-everyone-else-to-think-the-same-way-I-do-all-the-time-really-that-would-be-kind-of-weird-all-things-considered-even-if-it-would-make-things-easier-sometimes-what-did-you-do-this-time-it-feels-like-everything-is-in-slow-motion-I-feel-like-I-could-do-20-no-50-no-100-pushups-before-you-even-started-doing-one-or-maybe-jumping-jacks."

As she talked, she flitted around the room, fidgeting and messing with things. As she didn't have a lot of her own stuff, that meant she was messing with what little Shari had brought in.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Shari » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:58 pm

"Hey, quit messing with my stuff! Do those push-ups if you wanna burn some energy. That's probably from the coffee, huh?"
Shari

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:04 pm

"Is-that-what-it-was?-I-don't-usually-drink-a-lot-of-coffee-at-least-not-when-I'm-a-person-it's-really-bitter-and-I-don't-much-care-for-bitter-things-sweet-yes-sour-yes-salty-sure-umami-oh-mommy-but-bitter-really-not-my-jam-I-think-it-goes-back-to-when-I-was-a-kid-but-really-a-kid-before-I-was-all-this-my-real-childhood-and-not-the-Minnesota-or-Antarctica-ones-but-the-actual-factual-satisfactual-one-I-once-grabbed-a-mug-of-something-thinking-it-was-hot-chocolate-but-no-it-turns-out-it-was-coffee-and-I-ended-up-spitting-it-all-back-up-like-a-giant-coffee-geyser-kablammo-kablooie-whazooie-kapow-kapang-and-it-was-terrible-so-ever-since-then-I've-tried-to-avoid-it-though-it's-actually-not-bad-at-all-when-I-make-it-for-other-people-all-perk-perk-perk-bubble-spirtz-tsssa-ahhh."

Throughout her story, she was making appropriate gesticulations to go on with her sound effects, as she attempted to get her multiple, rapidly-developing stories across to Shari.

She then dropped to the floor and started doing push-ups...sort of. More accurately, her arms squashed and deformed on the 'downs', bulging out under her weight and then straightening back out as she pushed herself back up. No muscles appeared to be used in the process.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Shari » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:16 pm

"How many childhoods did you have that you gotta specify? Eesh. For that matter, how's your spongy ass even moving? You're ridiculous..."
Shari

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:19 pm

"Is-it-really-that-spungy?" Will asked, turning her around to try to look behind her -- and ending up spinning in place for a few seconds, like a dog trying to chase it's own tail.

"As-for-childhoods-it-really-depends-on-how-you-count-them-I-had-one-here-and-one-back-in-my-universe-and-one-that-wasn't-mine-but-I-remember-thanks-to-shenanigans-that's-a-fun-word-isn't-it-shenanigans?-more-people-need-to-use-that-word-on-a-regular-basis," she said, turning around and around and around and around.

"And-I-move-quite-well-don't-you-think?-It's-all-mind-over-matter-and-if-it-doesn't-matter-I-don't-mind-how-do-YOU-even-move-anyway?-do-you-really-need-to-focus-on-all-the-muscles-and-bones-and-tendons-and-sinews-and-veins-and-arteries-and-organs-and-fat-and-lymph-and-blood-and-spinal-fluid-and..." she rambled, continuing to spin.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Shari » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:57 am

"Dude, you have got to slow down at least a little bit. You're making me dizzy just watching you."
Shari

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:00 am

"Maybe-you-need-some-coffee-then-coffee-is-good-it-helps-you-focus-do-they-have-coffee-on-Skrullos-or-Tarnax-or-wherever-it-is-you're-from-probably-not-they-probably-have-something-else-with-caffine-but-call-it-something-all-spacey-like-ka'thork-or-ko-FAY-or-something-all-spacey-have-you-tried-coffee-since-you've-been-down-here-probably-you've-been-living-here-all-incognito-for-an-extended-period-of-time-so-maybe-it's-not-coffee-that-you-need-maybe-it's-sugar-sugar-is-good-too-I've-never-had-a-Skrull-sweet-before-do-you-HAVE-sweets-maybe-we-can-make-something-here-substituting-normal-Earth-ingredients-for-weird-space-foods."

She did, at least, stop rotating, and then staggered a little, woozy.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Shari » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:04 am

"Hmm... maybe. I do miss T'manja stew. You can make it with most meats, but you do kinda need the berries at a bare minimum..." she says, reaching out to steady Will by grabbing her upper arm.
Shari

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:09 am

Will's arm was...well, spongy, and squeezable. She also sloshed a little as she came to a stop, reaching out for Shari to steady herself.

"Berries! Berries-we-'ve-got-Earth-has-a-whole-bunch-of-berries-strawberries-raspberries-blackberries-elderberries-blueberries-cranberries-gooseberries-huckleberries-Chuck-Berrys-Barry-Manilows," Will recited.

"That-settles-it-I'm-going-to-make-you-some-Tazmania-stew-yes-indeed! We've-got-a-kitchen-with-pots-and-pans-and-an-oven-and-a-microwave-though-it'd-probably-be-sinful-to-use-the-microwave-for-something-like-this. Food!" she beamed.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Shari » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:41 am

"You're certainly enthusiastic. Don't let me stop you! I mean, all you got to work with are all these Earth-things, but I guess they can be alright." she teases, letting go of Will's arm, worried she might take a chunk out of it with her hands should the cupcake-girl move too suddenly. Not that she worried too much about hurting Will, but then she'd have a handful of probably delicious coffee-cupcake and that would just be awkward when she inevitable ate it. All this talk about food and aroma of breakfast in the air is making her kinda hungry.
Shari

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:45 am

"Alright? Have-you-TRIED-Earth-foods-they're-amazing-I've-had-some-kind-of-cosmic-goop-before-and-it-tasted-like-the-infinity-of-time-collapsing-in-upon-itself-and-reforming-into-a-myriad-of-colors.

Give-me-pancakes-any-day-have-you-had-pancakes?-Oh-my-gosh-you-might-not-have-just-like-you-didn't-know-good-music-you-could-be-missing-out-on-everything-do-Skrulls-get-fat?-Many-shapeshifters-do-because-mass-has-to-go-somewhere-if-you-follow-the-laws-of-physics-I-try-to-ignore-them-whenever-possible-something-about-Pym-particles-and-transdimensional-mass-borrowing-I'm-not-sure-there-were-a-lot-of-theories-but-not-everyone-was-really-happy-with-people-trying-to-find-out-what-was-going-on-there-was-this-group-called-Black-Air-they-grabbed-me-and-did-all-sorts-of-weird-tests-but-even-now-those-are-probably-out-of-date-as-I-was-still-a-person-who-shapeshifted-rather-than-a-shapeshifter-who-sometimes-is-a-person-and-that's-really-quite-different-I-don't-know-how-Skrulls-work-though-it's-clearly-different-than-me-which-is-a-shame-you-can-be-so-precise-in-so-many-ways-it's-much-more-interesting-than-the-one-form-and-done-types-we-have-around-here."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Shari » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:13 am

"You do realize you're talking so fast by the time you stop to take a breath I've forgotten how you started because it has become a distant memory? Like... something about food? I've had pancakes and I am sticking with my 'Alright' so you better back up your talk with some incredible foodstuff here."
Shari

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:11 am

"Honey-I-AM-some-incredible-foodstuff-but-I'll-see-what-I-can-do-when-it's-a-little-later-because-I-don't-want-to-disturb-people-right-now-is-that-wrong-should-I-go-ahead-and-disturb-people?-I'm-always-worried-about-that."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Shari » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:09 pm

"You're probably right..." she admits. "Fine, but I'm keeping you to this. Rad food to make your case for human cooking."
Shari

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:52 pm

"You're-sweet-I'll-make-you-something-absolutely-scrumptious-just-you-wait-and-see."
Will Stanton
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to Xavier's University Dorms