Room 104 - Keeping Busy

Built on the Braddock Estate not far from the Manor, these were constructed for the university's benefit to help house the student population.

Room 104 - Keeping Busy

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:12 am

Gemma smirks all the way down the hallway as she leaves Vivienne behind with Tereza and Sam. She doesn't stop smirking until she stops outside Trev's door. She takes a moment to compose herself and then gives a quick knock.
Gemmalara

Re: Room 104 - Keeping Busy

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:51 am

There was a brief pause, a clattering sound followed by some muffled swearing, and another pause before Trev opened the door, a gaming headset off his ears and resting around his neck. A smile immediately crossed his face seeing who was knocking. “Hey Gemma.”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:55 am

"Hey, Trev," she says, looking curiously at the headphones. "Am I interrupting something?"
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:15 am

There was a sound of either whining or arguing coming through the headphones, followed by some laughter, and Trev’s face wrinkled in annoyance. “No. You’re saving me actually...do you want to come in?”

He stepped aside and motioned her inside before tapping a button on the side of the headset. “Listen fuckers, I’m tired of healing bad tanks from general chat who drop group the minute we finish clearing trash on the way to the boss. It doesn’t help that you keep standing in the god damned lava, Funkycat. I’m calling it tonight, we aren’t gonna clear anything and I have better ways to spend my time.”

Trev pulled off his headset, turned it off, walked over to his computer and tapped a few keys on his keyboard and looked back at Gemma, a cheerful smile on his face. “What brings you here to rescue me from a shitty night of gaming?”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:28 am

"The Lady finds herself otherwise occupied tonight, leaving me free to my own entertainment," she says, eyeing the headset. "You were talking to others? People you know?"
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:50 am

“Sort of,” he replied. “We’re all in a guild in this game online. Most of us don’t know each other except in game though. It’s fun most of the time...but I’m glad that you chose me as your evening’s entertainment. Though I don’t really know how entertaining I am,” he smirked
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:25 am

“Well, it occurred to me that we have a victory that we didn’t get a chance to celebrate together.”
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:25 pm

“We do?” he asked. “I’d hardly call being knocked out and pinned under the rubble of a holographic tiki bar for most of a fight a victory, but I’m sure you looked awesome like you always do,” he smirked.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:37 pm

"Where I'm from, victories are often celebrated as a group, even when individual accomplishments are highlighted. You managed to survive the ordeal did you not?"
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:29 pm

“I’m assuming so, as I feel pretty alive, but given where you’re from, and given the werewolf on campus, I’m assuming that ghosts are a thing too.” he chuckled.

“Any thoughts on how to celebrate? Just hanging out with you is a pretty good reward in my book.”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:58 pm

"Well, since I went through the trouble of tearing you away from your... gaming... maybe we should start with a drink in the pub and see where things go from there?"
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:27 pm

“I like that plan a lot,” he smiled and shoved his phone, wallet and keys into his pockets and grabbed his coat.

“XUB or head into town?”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:48 pm

"The XUB sounds good. I probably shouldn't go too far. Just in case the Lady's evening doesn't go the way I think it will go."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:28 am

“Well here’s hoping you get a well-deserved night off,” he said, holding the door to his room open for her before he locked up and started leading them towards the XUB.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:42 am

"One can only hope. She desperately needs it I think," she says, reaching out to grab his hand.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:46 am

Trev gladly accepted the hand, a slight blush creeping across his cheeks as he grinned like an idiot and squeezed gently. “Drinks, maybe shoot some pool tonight?”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:19 am

"Pool? I thought the pool was in the recreation complex?"
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:30 am

“Oh, um...billiards?” Trev said, searching for the other name for a second. “It’s a game. You shoot balls into pockets using another ball that you hit with a cue? You’ve probably seen people playing in the XUB before.”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:35 am

“Oh that. Yes, I’ve seen that. I’ve not had a chance to play it though.”
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:38 am

"You'll probably still beat me," he chuckled, "even if you've never played."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:41 pm

"One never knows," she says, "We'll have to see."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:51 pm

"I suppose we could make it very interesting. Or is it dangerous to make a wager with a pretty girl like you," he asked as they crossed the grounds towards the XUB, holding her hand.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:25 am

"That entirely depends on what we're wagering," she says with a mischievous grin.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:01 am

“Any suggestions?” he smiled, trying to remain calm but clearly a bit nervous.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:23 am

She looks thoughtful for a moment, "Well, it would need to be something you have that I'd like to have."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:05 am

“Is there anything I have that you want?” he replied after a moment, genuinely unsure what that answer might be.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:07 am

She grins, "Oh, I can think of a few things." After a tense pause, "None of them involve your immortal soul, don't worry."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:28 am

“That you had to add that qualifier should probably concern me more than it does,” he joked.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:30 am

"How about this? You win, we spend the evening doing what you want. If I win, we spend the evening doing what I want. Sound fair?"
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:36 am

Trev pondered for a moment. This was probably safe. ...Right?

“Deal,” he smiled, pausing just outside the XUB, releasing her right hand from his left, turning towards her, and extending his right hand for a shake.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:41 am

She smirks and takes his hand, shaking it. "It's a deal."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:07 am

Trev wondered for a moment if he’d feel anything strange after making a deal like that, and just smiled back nervously before breaking the handshake to hold open the door for her.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:19 am

There's no strange feeling that he can tell. She steps through the door and waits for him before heading towards the bar.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:08 am

Trev follows her in and takes the lead as they head towards the bar. “Beer? Wine? Shots? Mixed drinks?”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:10 am

"A beer, then our competition," she says, sitting down at the bar.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:13 am

Trev acquired the beers without much difficulty and returned, handing one to Gemma and offering a toast. “To my impending loss.”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:24 am

"We shall see," she says, clinking her glass against his and taking a long drink.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:31 am

Trev followed suit before leading them to the pool table and starting to set about racking up the balls and grabbing the cues and handing one to Gemma.

“Do you want me to break, or you?” he asked, dragging the cue ball into position. “...though I guess I should probably explain the rules first,” he added after a moment.

“Right so you scatter these balls across the table by hitting this cue ball into them like this,” Trev demonstrated the motion away from the table. “And after that you try to knock the balls into the pockets without the cue ball going in too. You only want to hit the striped ones. I’ll go for the solid ones. If you sink the black 8 ball while there’s other balls still in the table you lose.”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:29 pm

"Simple enough," she says, hefting the cue and looking at it critically. "Oh, and I'm definitely looking forward to you breaking," she says with a grin.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:54 pm

...that was an interesting way to phrase that. Was it innocent? Trev wasn't sure so he just chuckled nervously and leaned over to line up his shot.

Trev slammed the pool cue forward and into the tiny white sphere; it shot off with a satisfying clack and scattered the balls fairly well around the table though he didn't sink a single one.

"So now you can go. Just have to line up, and hit the white ball--the cue ball--into another ball to send it into a pocket. I think you're technically supposed to call your shot before hand but I'm not really sure. You can aim for either stripes or solids, but once you sink one stick to that pattern."
Trev Anderson
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to Xavier's University Dorms