A Job Well Done

Built on the Braddock Estate not far from the Manor, these were constructed for the university's benefit to help house the student population.

A Job Well Done

Postby Null » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:44 pm

Will was walking through the hallways back towards is dorm room, late, late one night.

He was whistling to himself, obviously pleased, as he wiped away the last bits of debris from his hands.

((open))
Null

Re: A Job Well Done

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:22 am

The next morning a smartphone that had apparently been slid into the room underneath the door starts ringing loudly with the tone of an old rotary phone.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Null » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:02 am

"Will's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em," Will answered.
Null

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:00 pm

"Animals aren't allowed in the dorms, dead or alive." Ashlie's voice comes from the other end.

Without missing a beat she goes on. "A local business in Maldon was vandalized. You would not have happened to notice anything when you left campus last night?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Null » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:14 pm

"Now, that depends. Which local business was this?"
Null

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:16 pm

"A pub. The Ship and Anchor."

She sounds patient, but who knows with the robot-lady.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Null » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:24 pm

"Now, would that be the same pub that assaulted two of your students with no repercussions, or am I thinking of a different pub called the Ship and Anchor? I've not been around recently, and you know half my mind is on other things."
Null

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:42 pm

"If there was an altercation I was not made aware of it. Are you saying the owner of the pub instigated a completely unwarranted attack? Or is this possibly connected to drunken disorderly conduct of the kind that might require students to be picked up?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Null » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:46 pm

"So, if I can get this straight -- being drunk justifies getting assaulted? Good to know; I'll make sure to print that in the next edition of the student handbooks."
Null

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:55 pm

"No, but being drunk might constitute being thrown out of a pub. I cannot make a judgement call on hypotheticals, but I can on breaking and entering and vandalism. I am trying really hard to keep the owner from filing a police report right now, because if he does then I have no choice but to hand over the evidence I have that places you at the scene."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Null » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:58 pm

"Being thrown out does not equal assault, and I think it would probably be best if you updated your tables to make sure you don't have a false equivalence somewhere.

And, to answer your original question, no, I didn't notice anything wrong last night."
Null

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:14 pm

"If nobody reports the assault there's very little that anybody can do about it. Regardless, it is no excuse for this kind of retaliation. As unfortunate as anti-mutant sentiment is, things like this only make the situation worse."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Null » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:17 pm

"So we shouldn't stand up for ourselves. Gotcha. Hey, maybe humans will rescind the Mutant Registration Act if we ask really nicely!"
Null

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:26 pm

"Politically motivated vandalism is still vandalism. It doesn't matter if I agree with you or not, because I have no choice but to abide by the law."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Null » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:43 pm

"Well, then, you're off the hook. Innocent until proven guilty, right?"
Null

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:52 pm

"By GPS data I have of your location. And wasn't your other self supposed to keep an eye on you?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Null » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:09 pm

"If you have GPS of my location, then you have some evidence that I ducked off campus, and that's all. Not particularly solid evidence, at that.

And if you're unhappy with his efforts keeping an eye on me, that sounds like the sort of thing you should take up with him. He still considers himself your property, at that."
Null

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:21 pm

"Right now is not the time to be toeing the line, Will."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Null » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:23 pm

"Then do your damn job and protect your students. Honestly. This place is supposed to be improving mutant-human relations, and yet two of your students -- one of whom you technically own -- get assaulted and arrested, and you do nothing? And nobody does anything? Clean up your own house before throwing stones at mine."
Null

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:42 pm

"Are you done?" Ashlie asks after letting Will rant a bit. "Stop blatantly breaking the law. I shouldn't have to say this, but apparently I do."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Null » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:48 pm

"If you're more concerned with the law than the wellbeing of your students, go ahead and turn me in; I'll get by better on my own," Will challenged.
Null

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:04 pm

"I don't want to turn you in, despite your best efforts to force my hand." With that the connection cuts out. Rude.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Null » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:48 pm

"Honestly. She's so exceptionally bad at her job. I should..."

He paused.

"I should," he grinned.
Null

Topic attributes:

Return to Xavier's University Dorms