Power in a Tiny Package

Built on the Braddock Estate not far from the Manor, these were constructed for the university's benefit to help house the student population.

Power in a Tiny Package

Postby Null » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:59 pm

Wearing his universe's version of the X-Team suit, Will knocked on Haley's door one afternoon.
Null

Re: Power in a Tiny Package

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:57 pm

Haley had some upbeat country music playing at an almost unreasonable level in her room, so the knock went unanswered for a moment until she felt the presence of someone at her door and then the music abruptly softened and she opened the door without really looking to see who was there.

“Sorry. I love that song, was probably too loud...oh. Hi Will. What’s up?”
Haley Crusek
Student

High Concept: Pint-sized Powerhouse
Aspect: Wannabe hero
Aspect: Shitty psychic
Aspect: Hothead
Aspect: Walmart-brand Tinkerbell

Postby Null » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:59 pm

"Hey, Haley. How've you been? Haven't seen you around too much, recently..." Will said, glancing inside her room.
Null

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:03 pm

Her room was a barely contained disaster. It at least didn’t smell bad, and there wasn’t literal garbage or food in there, but laundry had clearly not been a priority for the girl, and there were piles of clothes all over the place, including several bras hanging haphazardly from the corner of her bunk bed.

“Been. You know. Busy with school work. And stuff.” she hedged.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Null » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:07 pm

"Uhhhhhh-huh. You need a hand straightening things out in here, or are you leaving it for future archaeologists to discover?"
Null

Postby Haley Crusek » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:09 am

Haley’s cheeks reddened and she quickly stepped through the door and out into the hall closing it behind her. “It’s a fucking mess, I know.”

Just like me...

“I’ll get around to it...don’t need to subject anyone to my BO filled dirty clothes...but what’s up?”
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Null » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:58 am

"Well, maybe you can use them as some kind of incredible offensive maneuver," Will joked.

"I'm looking to put a team together."
Null

Postby Haley Crusek » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:22 pm

“A team? For what?” she asked.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Null » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:38 pm

"For a fight," Will said, handing over one of the flyers advertising the Will v. Will match in the Danger Room.

"He's building a team. I'm countering it with a better one."
Null

Postby Haley Crusek » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:08 am

“Well...I’m not all that great unless you want someone to hit things real hard...but...thinking that might be why you came to me?” she asked.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Null » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:16 am

"Oh, my yes.

Plus, Haley -- you're incredible. You have telepathy and telekenesis, which might as well be magic as far as I'm concerned. That's what I'm looking for -- I'm not bringing Nailah because she can punch; I'm bringing Nailah because she can predict the future and guide us. I'm not bringing Sean because he has a cool beard; I'm bringing him because he has eldritch magicks at his beck and call.

And you, Haley -- I've seen what you can do. And I know what you're capable of. And that's someone I want on my side when things go south."
Null

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:21 pm

“...My telepathy could have killed Tosh, and I’m lucky it didn’t...” she demurred, “but...that’s really sweet of you to say,” she continued.

She chewed on her lip in thought. “That...sounds like a really good team, alright. And...well if Nai is in, I can’t not be in, so. Yes. I’ll help you, Will.”
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Null » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:40 pm

Will waved his hand. "You didn't kill Tosh, though. I've seen what you're capable of becoming, back in my world. You just have to have a little more confidence in yourself. I'm glad to have you aboard!"
Null

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:47 pm

Haley had only a passing familiarity with Will’s story, and certainly hadn’t ever broached the subject of another her somewhere out there after seeing what some of the alternate universe versions of her friends were capable of.

“...what could...the other me...do?” she asked with some trepidation.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Null » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:50 pm

"A pretty darn good telepath, but a hell of a telekenetic. When she was first starting out, she accidentally destroyed our history professor's car, but by the time I'm from? She could pretty much effortlessly toss mooks around, sending them hurtling into the air and crashing into one another. Maybe not the one you call upon for precise, delicate work, but if you need something messed up? No one I'd rather have by my side."
Null

Postby Haley Crusek » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:40 pm

A small smile cracked Haley's face as she looked down bashfully, then back up at Will, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "Alright. I'm in. Let's kick some ass."
Haley Crusek
Student

Topic attributes:

Return to Xavier's University Dorms