Room 117 - Where The Magic Happens

Built on the Braddock Estate not far from the Manor, these were constructed for the university's benefit to help house the student population.

Room 117 - Where The Magic Happens

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:17 pm

Gemmalara opens the door for Vivienne, stepping aside to allow her to enter. Most of the work she's done already is protective in nature, keeping out dark fey and the like. It's all very basic though, but given what Vivienne had seen of Gemmalara's restrictions, that's not exactly surprising. Everything is well-ordered and Vivienne's desk has textbooks arranged on its shelf. Oddly enough, Gemmalara's desk has a few textbooks on its shelf as well. Vivienne's bed is made with very nice linens and Gemmalara's bed is made neatly as well, but with linens more fitting to her presumed station. The wall has little in the way of decoration yet. "I apologize that I was not able to do more decorating, but navigating the mortal world is... difficult."
Gemmalara

Re: Room 117 - Where The Magic Happens

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:14 pm

Vivienne took on her human face with a deep sigh once the door was closed. "You've done well and don't worry, I spent many weeks in the school's library simply reading their collection of recorded histories. At least your mistress knew to dress you modernly. My mother had to send me with shifts and gowns." She moved about the room as she spoke adding a few more precise runes to the mix allowing for freedom of speech.

"You may speak freely now and for what it is worth, I am sorry for your bindings. I do know what it is like to be leashed."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:20 pm

"Though you could not be denied assistance due to your position, the Grey Lords couldn't give you too much," she says, trying to hide the bitterness in her voice. "My magic is prohibited except in certain circumstances, mostly revolving around you."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:38 pm

"I can't unbind you and under the circumstances I don't think it would be wise to do so even if I could. No offence, I don't know you and I really don't trust the Grey Lords."

She sat on her bed. "Have you had the pleasure of causing a computer to smoke?"
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:58 pm

"I believe I caused a 'tablet' to smoke when I first met the Headmistress. She insisted I enroll for classes as well, since she wasn't allowed to house someone who wasn't a student."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:38 pm

"I accumulated a bit of debt with library aid, in my time I destroyed four computers. I will show you how to get around it. My mother once told me "knowledge is power", this is a school after all, a place of learning." She smiled.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:45 pm

"So I have been repeatedly informed. My first duty is to see to what you need."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:32 pm

"I need to find my mother, on my terms, before the Council. Though chances of locating anyone who may have felt her entrance into the world is now may be seriously diminished thanks to the Morrigan's unnecessary display." Vivienne's skin color rippled.

"For now a meal and a bath."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:34 pm

"Best I can offer is a shower in the communal showers. My request for a private bath was turned down."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:02 am

"The communal showers were fine before, they will be fine now. I'll shower, you can handle food? I'd prefer items that can be brought back here, not feeling like dealing with people."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:04 am

"I can manage that," she says with a bob of her head. "What would you like? Something of the cooked avian variety?" There's the hint of a smile behind her careful mask.
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:28 am

Her skin rippled and she smiled coldly. "As tempting as a Blackbird pie is, it's far too time consuming. I need to rest soon, the double gateways took their toll."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:33 am

"I'll come up with something then. Take your rest, M'Lady."
Gemmalara

Postby Gemmalara » Fri May 26, 2017 1:57 pm

*** After the Trev-Pool-Head incident ***

Gemmalara makes herself busy around the room. She's bandaged her burned hand. It's healing, but the pain remains in a reminder of what she was forced to give up to be here. She remakes the beds, sweeps the floor, and straightens Vivienne's books again. Her own desk goes beyond 'neat'. There's a military precision to the way everything is stored and organized.
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed May 31, 2017 10:28 pm

Vivienne paused a moment to watch Gemma before entering the room fully. In her arms were full canvas shopping bags.

"Good, you are here."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed May 31, 2017 11:56 pm

"I am," she says, stepping over to help with the bags, "Do you require something?"
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:02 am

"Since I have had to put the search for my mother on hold, I have decided to aid you in your assimilation into the mortal realm."

She spoke as she moved to her bed up ending the bags she still had. Within were several "fashion" magazines, two top of the line tablets, laptops and phones with accessories and an assortment of clothing and shoes.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:05 am

Gemma looked it over, picking up some of the clothing with her good hands. "I appreciate the effort," she says, "it will be a suitable distraction."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:23 am

"You are injured, what happened?" Vivienne asked as she took to removing items from packaging and tags from clothing.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:26 am

"I was forced to tap my abilities to maintain an agreement despite the other... prohibitions. Prices still have to be paid," she says, unwinding the bandage and showing the slowly fading burn.
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:34 am

"What ability?" She set aside the item she blister package she was battling and picked up an ever ready bottle of water from her desk. She poured out an orb on to her free hand and came over to Gemma moving the water on to her burn, cleaning and speeding the healing.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:43 am

"I had to heal a mortal, because I promised him no lasting injuries from sparring with me. He was... woefully unprepared."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:57 am

"I see. Most unfortunate, once I am able to resume my search there will no doubt be resistance and very possibly confrontations if you can not heal others or myself in the heat of battle without suffering damage to yourself for it makes you of little use. Your previous Mistress has handicapped you and me by proxy. I will not let it continue, I do not need a lady's maid..."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:05 am

"You are my mistress now and I paid the price because it wasn't for your protection and aid. The Grey Lords set all the conditions for my former mistress sending me to you."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:30 am

"Your contract needs amending, not knowing the full extent of your skills and abilities and to have them so limited makes it impossible for me to utilize you. We will have to explore the boundaries of your bindings."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:43 am

Gemma looks at the warding around the room and looks like she's about to say something, but her tongue catches in her throat. She tries for a moment longer before giving up. "I'm sorry, M'Lady, but I am forbidden to directly tell you the Order that I come from."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:21 am

"I loath that sensation." She scowled at nothing in particular and broke into the blister package she had been working on. "I think sparing to gauge your battle potential will be in order."

"Since we and electronics have a very unique relationship, it is best to avoid direct skin to device contact as much as possible. This is a safety case and a stylist."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:34 am

"Whatever you think will work best," she says, looking dubiously at the device.
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:40 am

"I can already tell your training was not in the "feminine art" of the care and keeping of a Lady. A member of a guardian corps perhaps, judging by your bed making abilities. Guardian skills would be much more useful to me at this point and knowing the full reach of your previous oath will allow me to see where I can help you." She encased the tablets and the phones."Being able to contact you via mortal means will help us to "blend in" and allow us to not always have to be in the same location at the same time."

She handed Gemma a tablet and a phone, she then guided Gemma through the functions of both, adding each other's numbers and downloading a top rated reading "app" along with a few other Vivienne had found useful during her previous stay. "Both of these devices are touch intuitive. Touching with the stylus helps, but attempting to work the devices while under high stress or in a volatile emotional state can still create enough magical feedback to damage."

"This device is a little different." She explained the laptops, showing her how to use one of the larger stylus's to press the keys for the critical "running" functions such as opening and closing programs, saving documents and surfing the "internet". "As you can see skin to device contact is unavoidable."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:12 pm

At the very least, Gemma was a quick study. She took to the devices pretty readily now that they weren't immediately dying on her. "The young man I sparred with asked me out for a drink. I said I would think about it."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:55 pm

"Most impressive on his part. It is a modern aspect of human pseudo-courtship, dates, they are called. Mutually agreed upon events and activities in order to become more familiar with one another."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:05 pm

"All I managed to determine in my interaction with him is that he's not a threat to me. I..." She frowns, "I am not sure what to do with the invitation."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:03 pm

"Most people here have no direct hostility towards us, with their unique attributes however they could quickly become quite formidable in true battle. Typically, you accept the first invitation, spend the time to see if enjoy his company in a more private setting and on a more personal level."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:14 pm

"That would be... I don't know. I will have to think on it."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:37 pm

"In this, it is fully up to you. Sometimes you simply just have to try things before you know if they are for you right or not."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:41 pm

"Hence the clothes," she asks, looking at the clothing again.
Gemmalara

Topic attributes:

Return to Xavier's University Dorms