[Issue] This Is Awkward...

Previously the lodgings of the late Lady Braddock, the Dower House fell into disuse for a number of years, particularly after Braddock Manor passed to Brian himself. Since the arrival of the University, it has been renovated into an administrative building as well as faculty and staff housing on the second floor.

[Issue] This Is Awkward...

Postby Narrator » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:38 pm

It's an otherwise uneventful afternoon. Reports are filling out on student testing, paperwork needs doing. Progress on accessing Miss Minamida's private files is frustratingly slow still.

Then the phone rings, directly through from the outside apparently.
Narrator
Site Admin

Re: This Is Awkward...

Postby Ballinger Lippincott » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:41 pm

"Lippencott," Lippencott said as he answered the phone.
Ballinger Lippincott

Postby Miranda West » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:33 pm

There's a brief pause on the other end.

"This is Miranda West." she says with the obnoxiously American tone of someone who expects to be recognized by name. "Is this no longer Miss Minamida's office?"
Miranda West

Postby Ballinger Lippincott » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:14 pm

"Miss Minamida is missing in action, I am afraid. This is the headmaster of Xaviers University speaking."
Ballinger Lippincott

Postby Miranda West » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:19 pm

"Well that'll make this conversation less troublesome. I hope. I'm afraid I have to ask you for assistance from your team of trained problem-solvers."
Miranda West

Postby Ballinger Lippincott » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:33 am

"You are referring to my students, who you want me to put into danger, I assume?"
Ballinger Lippincott

Postby Miranda West » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:25 pm

"Want, no. But I do have a situation on my hands that my dear husband and daughter are failing to handle on their own."
Miranda West

Postby Ballinger Lippincott » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:38 pm

"It does seem like this is something of a personal matter, then. What call would you have for the X-Men?"
Ballinger Lippincott

Postby Miranda West » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:30 pm

"There was an... incident at one of our R&D sites. The problem is contained at the moment but it'll need to be dealt with sooner or later. There's also been some unfortunate collateral damage in the surrounding area. Officially it's an earthquake, but there's some opportunity for some good optics if you have some volunteers with less fire-power. You've just taken over, yes?" she says, apparently looking into Lippincott as they're talking. "Disaster relief and infrastructure repair makes for fantastic PR."
Miranda West

Postby Ballinger Lippincott » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:51 pm

"What sort of...incident are we talking about?" Lippencott said, pointedly not answering West's question about how recently he had taken charge. "Public relations and aiding the community are important, but I would not want to risk the lives of my students over a photo op."
Ballinger Lippincott

Postby Miranda West » Fri May 01, 2020 1:40 am

"Oh the photo op is all search and rescue stuff. Little to no risk. The... incident site is on lockdown following a mutant losing control of their power. Needless to say that the public's view of our kind is dire enough as it is over here without this sort of thing becoming widely known."
Miranda West

Postby Ballinger Lippincott » Sat May 02, 2020 9:26 am

Lippecott paused a moment, considering.

"Alright, then. I shall ask for some volunteers to aid you. I am glad I can be doing you this favor, and I look forward to our ongoing partnership."
Ballinger Lippincott

Postby Miranda West » Wed May 06, 2020 10:55 pm

"I can already tell this is going to be a much more cordial relationship than I had with your predecessor."
Miranda West

Postby Ballinger Lippincott » Thu May 07, 2020 12:38 am

"My predecessor was not known for a great many successes in her tenure here."
Ballinger Lippincott

Postby Miranda West » Thu May 07, 2020 2:58 am

"I am very relieved that someone with common sense is finally in charge of this fine institution. I will get you coordinates for the destination and clear potential disaster relief with the authorities on my end."
Miranda West

Postby Ballinger Lippincott » Thu May 07, 2020 5:52 am

"Very good. I will assemble a team to come to your location once we have the pertinent details."
Ballinger Lippincott

Topic attributes:

Return to Dower House and Administration