I2: Well, I did warn you

Previously the lodgings of the late Lady Braddock, the Dower House fell into disuse for a number of years, particularly after Braddock Manor passed to Brian himself. Since the arrival of the University, it has been renovated into an administrative building as well as faculty and staff housing on the second floor.

I2: Well, I did warn you

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:42 am

Sean decided that maybe the Fay hunt could wait at least to avoid the confusion him roaming the campus slinging magic and inevitable property damage associated with said slinging. Confusion that could result in imprisonment, injury, and possibly the deployment of X-Men. It was only sensible, right? That was a perfectly reasonably cause for why Sean nervous, right?

Where's that confidence from before?

With a little trepidation Sean knocked on the headmistresses door.
Sean Hall
Student

Re: I2: Well, I did warn you

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:44 am

"Come in." a very detached and calm voice calls out from inside.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:56 am

Sean took a deep breath before entering the headmistress' office.

"I was hoping I could have a moment of your time to talk to you about the... strange occurrences that have been happening on your campus," Sean said as if that were a perfectly normal thing to say upon meeting somebody.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:24 pm

"Good afternoon. Yes, there have been a number of disturbances and localized dimensional instabilities recently. I'm Ashlie Minamida. Who are you?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:19 pm

"A pleasure, I'm Sean Hall," Sean said, "I found the main dimensional tear and closed it, but you seem to have quite a few... Invaders from the dimension the tear connected you to. I was going to start tracking them down and banishing them back to their home plane to eliminate what's left of the disturbances."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:24 pm

"An odd choice of words, but I won't turn down the assistance. Do you require any equipment? I could put you in contact with one of our students who has an aptitude for dimensional mechanics."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:56 pm

"Probably not necessary given the nature of the dimensional tear," Sean said, "I'm not sure that techs and equipment will be much use and they might just end up being in the way. One of your students has already said that they'll help, but they have experience with things of this... sort."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:11 pm

"I will inform him anyway just as a precaution. Do you know what caused the instability?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:18 pm

"No," Sean said, "The running theory is that your new residents came in large enough numbers to pierce an already weakened vei-barrier between dimensions. Whether they did this of their own volition or somebody motivated them to do it is the real question. This may tie into the reason that the barrier was weakened in the first place."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:22 pm

"I will investigate whether Mr. West's research has anything to do with that. Is there anything else you might require?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:33 pm

"Your forgiveness for the inevitable damage to your campus as we remove the fey infestation," Sean said, "And access to the buildings on campus so we can remove the infestation efficiently."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:50 pm

"Most buildings are openly accessible. If you have to enter the Point please let me know in advance and me or another faculty member will accompany you."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Figured this would be a tougher negotiation. Wonder if a school full of mutants makes you more understanding of random

"Fair enough," Sean said not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, "I'll take my leave then."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:16 pm

"Go on. Please keep me updated on your progress." she says. At the same time, somewhere below the Point algorithms start up and begin checking into information on Sean Hall.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:41 pm

"A little bird will let you know of our progress," Sean said before turning to leave.

The information Ashlie gathered said he was a very good student, volunteered with various outdoor education organizations, avid cricket player, and an avid fencer with an interest in medieval combat. He'd been accepted to Oxford but had decided to postpone his attendance for a year. All information that really didn't say anything other than that he was an overly involved though normal person. Then there were a few strange notes. He'd had DNA tests, discrete ones that he'd apparently paid for himself, they showed he was negative for the X-Gene. The second was that prior to his arrival at an orphanage there was nothing, no birth records, no note of parents.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Ashlie makes a mental note of the fact that Sean seemed to, at one point, have reason to believe he might be a mutant. But mainly she notes that he doesn't appear to have any affiliations with potentially dangerous groups and she thus sees no reason to monitor his movements in the otherwise public areas of the school.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Topic attributes:

Return to Dower House and Administration