I2DT - Ashlie's Office

Previously the lodgings of the late Lady Braddock, the Dower House fell into disuse for a number of years, particularly after Braddock Manor passed to Brian himself. Since the arrival of the University, it has been renovated into an administrative building as well as faculty and staff housing on the second floor.

Re: I2DT - Ashlie's Office

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:30 am

"I've tested several kilograms worth of material and I calibrated the machine myself. The results are reliable."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Lt. Sara VanBuren » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:47 am

"That's very strange, then.

Are you sure it's not just a side effect of his shifting? Maybe he's opting not to have the isotope intentionally?"
Lt. Sara VanBuren

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:46 am

"He still has trace amounts. And I considered that, but all his other parameters fall within the expected ranges. Is there anything you'd be willing to tell me about the tests that were performed in Antarctica and how he was found? If the readings are accurate then he must have arrived on the planet from space."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Lt. Sara VanBuren » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:49 am

"I'd have to be very vague, I'm afraid. Remember, for most of the time, we didn't even know it was in the base--he was discovered before I was even born, you know?

And I wasn't about to subject him to a bunch of tests for the sake of testing. I tried to treat him humanely."
Lt. Sara VanBuren

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:51 am

"I understand that. Part of this is to help him understand what he is and where he came from. Surely there must have been files and reports on him."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Lt. Sara VanBuren » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:59 am

"Well, not very much. Most of what's there is the investigation to 70-N's disappearance--it just vanished one day. The people at the time assumed that one of the researchers had sold it to the Soviets."
Lt. Sara VanBuren

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:13 pm

"Right, 50ies. Even if he was tested upon his initial discovery the equipment at the time probably wouldn't have allowed for much. Did they even tell you anything about how he was discovered?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Lt. Sara VanBuren » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:50 pm

"Only the very basics, and I'm not really sure how much I should say..." she hemmed.
Lt. Sara VanBuren

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:55 pm

"For what it's worth, this call is secure and I have no interest in undermining US military security. I just want to help Will."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Lt. Sara VanBuren » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:05 pm

"Well...

The first thought was that it had something to do with Sputnik. It was very close after the launch, you know."
Lt. Sara VanBuren

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:09 pm

"So there was a fresh impact?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Lt. Sara VanBuren » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:13 pm

"Yes. It wasn't released to the general public, but it's my understanding that the impact was what triggered the investigation."
Lt. Sara VanBuren

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:26 pm

"Interesting. No wonder they were concerned about the Soviets. They're the only one's who might have had the equipment to pick up on any impacts. Do you know if he was encased in anything? Was there any debris that was recovered, artificial material, rock, ice, anything at all?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Lt. Sara VanBuren » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:28 pm

"I'd have to go back to the source records, but most of the notes at the time, if I remember correctly, were about the 70-N itself--there might have been what we consider today normal space debris, you know, iron ores and things like that, but that wasn't really the focus of the investigation.

I wasn't there at the time, of course. I'm not THAT old."
Lt. Sara VanBuren

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:17 am

"I'd appreciate it if you could contact me should you find anything else, but don't jeopardize your career over this. The fact that he crashed here from space more or less by himself would agree with my current theory."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Lt. Sara VanBuren » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:31 am

"And what would that be?"
Lt. Sara VanBuren

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:35 am

"He's not from this universe but rather from a causally adjacent one. If you have a moment, look up news reports about a recent drive-by shooting in Worchester, Massachusetts."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Lt. Sara VanBuren » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:42 am

"I'm in the middle of things at the moment, but I'll be sure to do that."
Lt. Sara VanBuren

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:06 am

"Right. Well, thank you for your help. If you remember anything else, feel free to contact me through this number."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Lt. Sara VanBuren » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:40 am

"I certainly will. Watch out for him for me, will you?"
Lt. Sara VanBuren

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:53 am

"I will. Take care, Lieutenant."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty