Room 2108 - Dr. Holder's Office

Previously the lodgings of the late Lady Braddock, the Dower House fell into disuse for a number of years, particularly after Braddock Manor passed to Brian himself. Since the arrival of the University, it has been renovated into an administrative building as well as faculty and staff housing on the second floor.

Re: Room 2108 - Dr. Holder's Office

Postby Dr. Holder » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:16 am

"You feel persecuted for what you are? More-so than everyone else?"
Dr. Holder

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:20 am

"Nor persecuted, but certainly a lack of confidence either in my honesty or my sanity," Sean said, "Which is odd given I came here of my own volition and repaired the tear that let a pestilence of pixies through the veil."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Dr. Holder » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:39 am

"Or your competence." Dr. Holder helpfully(?) supplies. "You have a natural inclination to have your worth recognized. It's not an unusual trait in orphans or abandoned children, but rarer in those adopted at such a young age with a stable home life. And you fear it would be hard to prove yourself to someone who doesn't recognize your abilities as what they are if what you've done hasn't already." he says with a sudden intense scrutiny focused on Sean. "You made friends with the one authority figure who indulges your interpretation of your abilities as a source for approval in the area you can't gain it from your parents. How would you describe your feelings regarding Miss Malcom?"
Dr. Holder

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:48 am

Sean was on the defensive a bit having been lulled into something of, an apparently false, sense of security.

"She's my boss," Sean said, "She provides some instruction on various topics in magic, so professional I suppose would explain my feelings."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Dr. Holder » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:58 am

"Boss and instructor." he nods, apparently satisfied with the response. "And you didn't lash out when you were put on the spot." he says, offering an explanation but no apology.
Dr. Holder

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:07 am

"Indeed," Sean said.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Dr. Holder » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:32 am

"Well then, I believe that's quite enough for a first session." he says, leaning up from his notes and capping his pen. "Unless there's something you'd like to get off your chest?"
Dr. Holder

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:48 am

"No," Sean said standing up.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Dr. Holder » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:00 am

"Have a nice day then, Mister Hall." he smiles, closing his notepad and meticulously placing his pen down on top of it.
Dr. Holder

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:15 am

"And you as well, Dr. Holder," Sean said before leaving.
Sean Hall
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to Dower House and Administration