I3: Too Much Time On My Hands

Previously the lodgings of the late Lady Braddock, the Dower House fell into disuse for a number of years, particularly after Braddock Manor passed to Brian himself. Since the arrival of the University, it has been renovated into an administrative building as well as faculty and staff housing on the second floor.

I3: Too Much Time On My Hands

Postby Emilie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:55 am

Emilie had been ignoring Victor's presence for some time, leaving him alone to figure out his own Thanksgiving situation. She suspected he hadn't left though, because she was still in this where and when, and that suited her just fine. Maybe being lonely for a little while will make him realize he was being insensitive.

It gave her a lot of free time to work on those patchy memory issues though, and make that list Ashlie wanted. Once she was sure she'd have anything worth knowing to Ashlie, she went about her office with the notes, knocking briskly on the office door.
Emilie
Student

Re: I3: Too Much Time On My Hands

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:05 am

"Come in..." comes her voice from inside. She sounds stressed. Not really physically weary but definitely like she's stretching herself pretty thin.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Emilie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:06 am

"Hey Big Boss, got those notes you wanted." She says, looking up at her.
Last edited by Emilie on Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emilie
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:11 am

"Oh, Emilie. Impeccable timing." she says, waving her inside. The left side of her face is still bandaged up (although the bandages look almost too clean) and her skin seems to almost be sagging out a bit from underneath the white cotton, giving the left side of her mouth a look that almost makes it seem like she suffered a stroke.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Emilie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:14 am

"You look like shit." Emilie stated, as if Ashlie wasn't aware of that.

"You sure you don't want me to come back later?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:16 am

"Less impeccable manners. But yes, I know. It's no matter, I'll deal with it later. This is more important." she says, holding out her hand for the notes.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Emilie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:19 am

Emilie smirked at the commentary about her manners, but handed the notes to Ashlie.

"You live long enough, you start to realize manners are for work hours, dinner parties and legal matters. You gonna sue me or something? You know how little I make."

The list started very basic with many of these early incarnations blurred together, perhaps due to lack of information that Emilie herself could remember.

All of them listed Victor as being school aged, and mentioned he attended the institute. The times of how long she was there only varied between six to nine months, and in many cases they were listed as estimations, not exact numbers.

Thirty-two entries down, she'd started marking them periodically with the letter 'S'. Then further down, S, D, or K interspersed with no real explanation as to what they meant, or why some entries were marked with letters and some were not.

All institute entries placed Emilie as existing somewhere between the year 2006 until the present day.

Eventually, they stopped being so vague, and started having actual details. Strangely, this seemed to be after anything related to the Institute. It was likely if she were pressed on the subject she'd have an explanation for this but Ashlie was smart enough to gather that perhaps the finer points of her institute years didn't seem like they'd be of interest.

There did seem to be a few lives also missing information, but were not labeled as being at the institute.

Finally, some more consistent details started to come together.

Comic and game shop employee, six months (2000s) approx Age 19
Priest year and a half (1970s) approx age 27
Photographer two years (1940s) approx age 22
Military Pilot year and a half (1940s), approx age 20
Farm-Hand, three years and three months (2010s) approx Age 21
Damage Control Supervisor Four years and five months (2010s) Approx age 33
Professional Gamer and Photomat clerk (1980s) 2 years and seven months, Approx age 19
Acrobat three years, eleven months (1950s) Approx age 24
Rum Runner three years and two months (1920s) Age 23-26
Stark Tower Employee six months (2010s) Approx age 27
Master Corporal Freud Of the Royal Canadian Air Corps Nine months (1930s?) Age unknown
Mountie 3 and a half years (2010s) Age 23-26
Instructor of Business Classes, six years (2010s) Age 39
Farmer 13 years, nine months (2000s-2010s) Age 18-32
Unknown 3 months (S)
Present, University Student, one month.
Emilie
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:36 am

That earns her an amused chuckle from Ashlie. "For being rude? Hardly." It's oddly refreshing, though she wasn't about to admit that. Strange how much the ability to lie is probably one of the most important factors in being able to pass as human and at the same time what the majority of humans would fear the most about her if they knew what she was.

"Thank you." she says as she takes the notes and skims through the for a moment. "Do you have time to answer some questions about these? Some of these annotations, for instance..."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Emilie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:42 am

"Yeah sure." Emilie replied, making herself comfortable in one of Ashlie chairs. For as strong as her core muscles and upper body seemed to be, the young woman had terrible posture and was currently all slouched up and sideways in her seat.

"Well the obvious ones I can think of are the S,D, and K's.

D means death, S means suicide, and K means 'kamikaze'. I know that's kinda like S but I felt like maybe I should make a distinction in my actions."
Emilie
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:49 am

"I understand." she says, though at least part of that's a lie. She is aware of the concepts and can piece together the reasoning well enough, but her programming isn't built with the ability to self-terminate, which makes it hard to really understand the steps leading up to it.

"In any of these, have you ever encountered or heard of a Will Stanton, shapeshifter, married with at least one child? Or a Samantha McManus claiming to be the goddess Morrigan?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Emilie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:56 am

Emilie furrowed her brow.

"Only Sam." Emilie replies, using her casual name.

"She shows up a lot at the institute, though from what she told me herself she hasn't been in this where and when.

Once or twice she's been a super. Like here-" She pointed out the listing where Victor was an employee of Stark Enterprises and worked at the tower. " Annnndddd-" her finger fell on the listing about Damage Control.

"The other name doesn't ring a bell." In truth, Emilie had met Will in this where and when, but they had never exchanged names. And she had definitely never run into him before now.

"Sam always goes by the nickname of Morrigan. Sometimes she is a bit more embracing of the goddess crap, and sometimes she's not. Seems to depend on how emotionally developed she is."
Emilie
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:06 am

"Hmm, it was a long-shot anyway. The fact that Samantha is present a lot is promising though. It suggests a very tight causal cluster. Theoretically anyway. If you have time, details like that would be appreciated. It's all information that would help me with creating more accurate models."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Emilie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:07 am

Emilie forced back a frown.

"I'll try. Most of that information is further back. I didn't tend to associate with her much even then."
Emilie
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:10 am

"That's alright. This is already tremendously helpful." she says, holding up the notes.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Emilie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:11 am

"Soooo... What's up with this Will guy?" She asked, now curious how this at all pertained to her situation.
Emilie
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:25 am

"I'm afraid you'll have to ask him yourself. But maybe not right now. I'm just gathering what data I can for the moment."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Emilie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:32 am

"Wow. You want information from me about him but you won't even tell me who he is?

Am I supposed to be trusting you as a superior Big Boss? Cuz right now I ain't so certain. "
Emilie
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:43 am

"That's because what little I know for certain is not for me to tell you. I've already had to betray his trust once. He's a shapeshifter and he's friends with this world's Samantha. You wouldn't want me to tell him about this without your permission either." she says, putting down the notes and pressing her fingertips on top of it.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Emilie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:45 pm

Emilie shrugged. Even that little is more that she knew before.

"I suppose not."
Emilie
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:05 pm

"Regardless, this is very interesting. It's a small sample but it tells us three things. Either the range of possible worlds is limited in how far away from the 21st century an incarnation of Victor Freud can appear, the range of how 'far' you can travel is limited or there is some kind of selection process at work."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Emilie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:32 pm

"I always thought perhaps he just can't exist too far outside of the 21st century as all of them were following a similar timeline, except for this one. " Emilie pointed to the one on the list marked (1930s?).

" The date I can remember was 1938, but the technology was too advanced to place it in with the rest of them."
Emilie
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:36 pm

"It's possible a technological breakthrough occurred earlier in that particular one but it's strange that it only happened once. All the other ones followed the same technological and social progressions?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Emilie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:40 pm

"For the most part yea. I mean slight differences here or there but nothing major.

Granted, maybe I never stayed long enough to notice the outcome of the subtle changes." She mused, shrugging.
Emilie
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:48 pm

"It's possible, but the odds of you always appearing around the time any significant divergence happens is unlikely. There is some underlieing mechanism at work that either dictates where Victor Freud can appear or which of his worlds you're drawn to. The ones outside the 21st century, did you encounter any other familiar people in them?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Emilie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:37 pm

"I have. Lebowski, Melchior or Malina dependent on the universe. In this case it was a Malina."

Em tapped the 1940s, photographer line.

"And here Melchior." Emilie's finger went to the 1950.

"Trev Anderson was here." She pointed to the 1980s. " He was kind of a rival to Victor."

"Robert West was here." She pointed, perhaps unsurprisingly, to the timeline she said had far too advanced technology, the 1930s listing.

" I also once met an entity that reminded me of a Lebowski that drug around with some blonde bimbo. Their names escape me." Emilie again directed her finger to where. 1920s.

"Other than that, repeats tend to be stuck in the 21st century. There could definitely be some I have not accounted for though. Things get... fuzzy after awhile."
Emilie
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:52 pm

"Less frequent but still present. Assuming that's true in general..." she trails off a bit, seeming distracted as she feeds information into an increasingly complex model. "And I wouldn't be surprised if Rob's presence was as least partially to blame for technological advances. That would mean the main factor was still the presence of familiar people and less a general deviation. That would simplify things significantly. Which is good, because this is already beginning to exceed what I can reasonably calculate. But maybe if I simplify it enough I can patch it into Rob's prototype chip to stabilize the quantum variations down within acceptable limits..."

She suddenly seems to remember that Emilie is still there. "Sorry. This is a lot of data to try and model. It's exciting."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Emilie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:54 pm

Emilie's brow raised in unison, not really sure what to say. " Well I'm glad it excites somebody?" She laughed.
Emilie
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:07 pm

"More people should get excited about theoretical dimensional physics models. But I shouldn't be taking up any more of your time. Thanks for sharing all of this with me. I understand it's a very personal set of data."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Emilie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:20 pm

"You're welcome. " Ultimately, it was very personal information, but Emilie somehow got the impression it wasn't the personal bits that interested Ashlie, just the raw data acquired.

Which suited her just fine as the selling of information was buying her that much more time in one spot.

"See you 'round I guess?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:30 pm

"Yes, I'll see you around." she chuckles faintly. For some reason the slang seems to amuse her.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Topic attributes:

Return to Dower House and Administration