[Drama] Bizarre Love Triangle

Built with a generous grant from one of the University's benefactors, this clinic serves as a small teaching hospital as well. More severe injuries are stabilized, then transported to Muir Island. It also houses the University's research laboratories.

[Drama] Bizarre Love Triangle

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:16 am

The first round of patients who returned from Wonderland all needed on site psyche levels to see who was going to be shipped where based off their mental stability. Basil was in the group that ended up being returned to the Institute for further monitoring with hopes of a quick release.

Once they'd allowed him to rest and cleared him for release, his first concern was a conversation Alice. He suspected she would be here, but he couldn't be certain.

Climbing out of bed, he got up to go out into the halls to investigate.
Basil Benson
Student

High Concept: Unwitting Heir to a Secret Legacy
Aspect: More Money Than Sense
Aspect: Ward of Unwanted Protectors
Aspect: Inconsistently Invisible
Aspect: Weirdness Magnet
Aspect: Covert Pervert

Re: Bizarre Love Triangle

Postby Alice » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:36 am

The door to Alice's little room had been left open and, glancing in, one would see her sitting cross-legged on her bed in some PJ pants and a t-shirt her brother had leant her. The window was open and she was taking time out from looking at a tablet to just gaze outside... and sip from a coffee mug. If it weren't for the hole in her earlobe, one might never have suspected where she'd spent the last several months.
Alice

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:48 am

"Good day Alice." Basil greeted, making himself known even though lately, he didn't necessarily need to with his words. He was much more consistently visible these days, only invisible when he felt like it.

"How are you feeling?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Alice » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:53 am

The raven hair girl looked up with a smile. "Hey there kitty cat. I'm feeling a lot better, what about you?" She scooted over and patted beside her on the bedsheets.

"C'mere, sit down."
Alice

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:01 am

Basil did as requested, sitting down on the bed next to her gently as to not upset anything around her.

"I'm fine." He replied, back to his old ways.

"May we talk?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Alice » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:48 am

"Of course we can." Alice put the tablet down so that she could devote her entire attention to her friend.

"... Basil suits you, I think."
Alice

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:46 am

"Thank you. " He replied cordially.

"I must confess, it will take me some time to get used to thinking of you as Veronica. It's quite a big name for such a small thing. " He added, trying at first to upkeep the casual nature of the conversation, before switching gears.

"Your brother is concerned for you because of my reputation. I cannot remember now why, but I did remember I was not the most beloved person here. However, I want you to know that I would never have suggested we kept up the charade of a relationship between us had I thought that the woman I used to cohabitate with had any intention of continuing that relationship.

It may have been a lie on our part to pretend, but inevitably some people would never believe we were faking. and I would not have you embarrassed by being perceived as the other woman."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Alice » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:59 am

"Well, you can call me Ronnie, if that's any better. But I'll remind you, not being a small thing is kinda my thing." Veronica stuck her tongue out a bit, before she rolled her eyes at the confession.

"No, my brother isn't concerned for me because of who you are, it's because of who I am. I'm his little sister, no man is gonna meet his approval. You... don't have any siblings, do you? If you had a little sister of your own you'd totally understand."

She listened to him with eyes becoming more heavily lidded, but she let him finish. "Basil, our brains were so scrambled we couldn't even remember our own names, let alone our relationships. I think you're thinking about this too much. And... is it much of relationship if you only "cohabitated" with this first woman? That sounds like something a zookeeper would say."
Alice

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:16 am

"I don't think I do." He replied. "I deliberately allowed the purging of a lot of unnecessary memories in order to hold onto the ones I'd need to survive once I escaped. But I feel like a sibling would likely be a thing I'd have kept."

Basil looked down at her bedspread so he didn't have to look Ronnie in the face.

"That's... why I can say I definitely knew I had been in a relationship prior to my capture. I... did something to myself to hide away core memories so in the event someone came sniffing, I could identify who they were and point them in the right direction. But I offered up things I didn't think I'd need anymore to keep The Queen from getting suspicious while I squirreled away all the important things deeper into my psyche.

She was the last person I spoke with of importance before I awoke there. She was upset. She... said things to me. I don't like to think on them, but it was the last thing... so it was the thing I had to hold onto to string all the others together, because it was the beginning of what landed me in Wonderland. Without it, I feared I would forget there was a time when I wasn't there.

So I've thought on it a lot.... I've been forced to.

Perhaps that is why I sound so clinical now. I've bred a detachment to the situation out of necessity. Otherwise, The Queen would have known... "
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Alice » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:46 am

"Well, you would THINK that, but apparently I managed to mostly forget four of them. Though to be fair, two of them are step-brothers and are kinda jerks, so whatever. Actually I don't know if they're jerks or not, but Vic says they are, and I'm finding out that despite how much we fight we tend to see eye to eye on this stuff."

Veronica listened to Basil and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"That's really rough. I'm sorry."
Alice

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:59 am

" It's fine... I was born male and rich. I cashed in all my luck early.

I will figure something out."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Alice » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:29 am

"Well, have you talked to her yet?"
Alice

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:49 am

"No.

I wanted to speak to you first, due to the complications with your brother. As I said, I would not have you embarrassed on my behalf because you were unaware of the situation."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Alice » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:55 am

"Well, that was sweet of you. But I don't think my brother is as big of a complication as you make him out top be. He's not as big of an anything, really."

Veronica scooched a little closer so that she could sit shoulder to shoulder with Basil.

"I'm sorry I put you in this situation, even if it wasn't on purpose. And that you had to hold onto such bad memories just to help keep me from falling as far as the others did."
Alice

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:59 am

Basil forced a smile and put an arm around her to give his friend a side hug.

"Don't blame yourself. You neither put them there, nor did you force me to. I am a big boy. It was my idea and I am responsible for myself. "
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Alice » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:27 pm

Alice rested her head on the taller man's shoulder and let out a soft sigh through her nose.

"Not that it's any help now, but I focused on food instead. If that bitch had started to give me coffee and donuts I likely would've given in."
Alice

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:42 pm

"Mmmmm... I doubt me focusing on my vices would have been pleasant for anyone." He joked.

He felt a sort of comfort here, nestled with Alice. However, he knew from previous experience that anytime he felt too comfortable with anything, that's when he got complacent and things started falling apart.

"I have to go. I need to get ahead of this before it becomes worse for me."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Alice » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:36 pm

Alice / Veronice (Aliceronica? Veronicalice?) Took some solace in Basil's ability to joke, but she showed some concern with him looking to go face the music.

"Are you sure you're ready for this? It's only been a few days."
Alice

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:47 pm

"I know her well enough by now to know that the longer she stews in whatever she's feeling, the worse things will go when I summon the courage to address it.

So it's better to rip the plaster now, even if that means some level of bleeding is involved. She won't care for the proverbial wounds appropriately by herself."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Alice » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:07 pm

"Stewing... you don't think she'll have missed you? If it's been long enough that she's developed some really strong feelings, longing must be one of them." Alice theorized.

"But go, do your thing. Just... look after yourself too, okay? And if you need someone to talk to, I'm not goin' anywhere for a little while yet. I'm still waiting my turn for them to unpack my noggin."
Alice

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:21 pm

"Oh, she'll have convinced herself she missed me. Certainly." He replied as he stood.

"I'll come back for a visit." He added as he went to leave and see where Colette was hiding. She couldn't be far, not once she'd gotten wind he was back.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:11 am

Colette had been in the waiting room of the medical building since she had been told about Basil's rescue, but had not been allowed to see him. The absolute worst place for her to be, because it just reminded her of so much already. Having to wait to talk to people to get clues. Having to wait for travel arrangements. Having to wait instead of pulling him out of the club. In the weeks that had followed the revelation that Basil had been kidnapped she had done almost nothing but wait, and it was wearing on her more and more - as the staff would readily attest to. She was beyond jumping and looking up every time she heard the door open, now she was just sitting with her face in her hands - waiting.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

High Concept: Dreamer Despite the Odds
Aspect: Density Is Not a Formality
Aspect: Everything is Sexier In France
Aspect: Beware the Cute Ones
Aspect: Hair of Goo, Heart of Gold

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:25 am

Basil strode down the hallway fully visible in Colette's direction. Wearing a set of matching grey sweats and hoodie the school had provided him as an alternative to wearing a hospital gown now that he was up and about. He was also wearing a pair of cheap flip flops to keep his feet safe. It was definitely the most casual she had ever seen him before.

He wasn't exactly scowling as he approached, but he also wasn't smiling. His face bore a sort of weary expression as he stopped short of her, looking down at her with her face buried in his hands.

"Hello." He greeted, tucking his hair behind his now pierced ear.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:48 am

Colette had felt the presence of someone near her, but had assumed it was a staff member coming to ask her something again. When she heard Basil's voice she raised her head slowly to look at him. She definitely had signs of crying, but because of her unique composition it wasn't the usual signs one would notice in most girls. Instead of the bloodshot eyes, flushed face, and wet cheek it was just that her entire face was more... simple. It looked more like the one she'd worn back when they first met rather than the more detailed and controlled one she was able to muster since then. Indeed, her clothing even was disheveled, the girl barely better-dressed than he was - and if he hadn't lost his memories he likely would have remembered how much importance she placed on looking neat and professional.

There was a brief pause, and then she was on him.

Her body hit his chest and her arms wrapped around him again and again in a tight squeeze as she cried out his name in a half-sob.

"Bazeeeeeeeeeeeeel...!"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:00 am

Basil lifted his arms quickly enough not to get bear-hugged by Colette as she buried herself into his chest and took to wrapping as much of herself around him as she could.

He didn't recoil, but it wasn't exactly the happy reunion she may have hoped for. He settled on resting a hand on her head gently, the other wrapping gentle around her shoulders.

"It's alright. I'm fine." He replied to her tears.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:03 am

Colette was either appraised of Basil's mental state, or too busy being emotional to fully acknowledge it. She had so many things to say that she almost struggled to say any of them, but what was first and foremost was the one thing she'd wished she could tell him the most; from even before she found that letter, to just before he wrapped an arm around her.

"I am sorry, Basil. I am so sorry. For what I have said, for ze way I have treated you, for being such a 'orrible person. I am sorry~." Followed by more sobbing and incomprehensible bits of French.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:31 am

It only now occured to him that she would of course make a scene in the middle of infirm.

He didn't shush her, deciding allowing her to express herself to be the better option. Once she started breaking down again, he piped up with-" Perhaps we should go back to my room?" As an alternate venue for this conversation.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:14 pm

Colette nodded her head softly, trying to stifle her sobbing for at least a little while. "Zat... would probably be for ze best, yes."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:54 pm

Basil pulled away and lead her to the room he'd been assigned without touching her further. He closed the door behind them, and went to set on the bed, leaving the chair in the room open for her.

He then sighed.

"Your name is Colette?" He asked.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:16 am

The pink girl followed Basil willingly, even collecting herself as they made their way somewhere more private. But when he asked her that question her face went pale and her body stiff. "Mon dieu...."

Colette let herself fall into the chair, staring in almost disbelief. "Zey... zey really took everyzing from you."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:20 am

Basil shook his head.

"I remember who you are, but there are certain things I purged, information wise, to keep everyone safe.

Names was one of those."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:34 am

The gravity of the situation was hitting Colette anew. Her mind had held onto the romantic notion that Basil would see her face and hear her name and everything would come rushing back to him. That his love for her would break through the spell that had been cast upon him. But that only worked in fairytales. This was real life.

"I... am not certain where I should even begin. Perhaps you can tell me what you do remember, and I can help to fill in ze gaps?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:43 am

"I remember you yelling at me because your parents were concerned and I suggested they shouldn't be because I literally cannot create another mouth for them to feed inside of you and you got angry as since I left it somewhat vague to avoid being uncouth, you presumed I was insulting your father."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:09 am

"... that is all zat you remember? Not a single ozer pleasant moment we shared togezer?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:24 am

Basil sighed again, and looked out the window, leaning back into the bed.

"I remember everything about you and I. Good and bad.

I also remember you promising to give me a chance to explain myself when you took things the wrong way. Instead, you stormed off.

This is rather the sort of thing I was trying to avoid you know. You yelling at me and and then me getting hit by a car and you never being given a chance to apologize. Among other things. "
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:00 am

Colette closed her eyes and took a deep breath to compose herself.

"Basil, do you recall ze phrase... I believe it goes, let cold heads prevail?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:01 am

"Yes." He replied, wondering where this was going.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:45 am

"I am an emotional person, Basil. In many situations, too emotional. I am aware of zis, and I do my best to, ehn, reign zem in, but I am not always successful. Zere are times when I realize zat zings are going too far even as zey are happening and I find myself unable to stop zem, like a runaway locomotive. When I 'storm off' -" Colette made air quotes with her fingers. "It is not because I no longer wish for your company, or am trying to win ze argument. It is because I know zat my feelings are taking priority over my zoughts, and zat if I continue to put myself in zat situation, zings will spiral furzer out of control. It is to give me time to collect myself, to calm myself, and to let my brain overtake my tongue. So zat I can give you a chance to explain yourself and actually listen to what you have to say. I am removing myself from ze situation, temporarily, until I can be a better person. I am essentially putting myself in time out until I am able to communicate properly. Zis may be ze wrong zing to do, it seems to be as it has hurt you so.

"And it is me zat I put in time out, not you. I do not know what has happened to you, or how you were treated in ze past, zat would lead you to zink zat. I do not recall ever telling you zat I did not wish to see or talk to you, zough I cannot say for one hundred percent certainty zat I did not find myself in a situation zat so overwhelmed me zat I felt no means of escape and said such awful zings."

She put her face in her hands again, feeling very tired.

"You have had previous relationships. Not all of zem have been healzy. And perhaps zis one is not healzy eizer. Maybe I am as awful as I sometimes feel I am. But you have an advantage over me in zese matters. You have ze benefit of experience. Whezer good or bad, you have had relationships before. I have not. Zis is all still very new to me even after all of zis time. Zat does not excuse ze zings I have said, or done, but it may help to offer at least some insight into zem."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:06 pm

Basil was back to picking at the hospital blankets as he stared out the window.

"Then what do you suggest, Colette? For me to simply take the verbal abuse and let you abruptly end the conversation because you'll 'feel bad later '? What if later never comes?

Because if I wasn't such a stubborn remora upon this planet and hadn't been professionally connected to a group of people who literally save other people as their profession, it may not have."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:29 am

Colette shook her head. "No. And while I try to be a better person... I do not know if I ever will be."

She didn't address the second part. If he didn't want to acknowledge her role in his rescue, it was his right. After all, what had she really done? She'd depended on everyone else, even Chase had been the one to first show suspicion. She'd done nothing but wait.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to Da Costa Medical Building