DT1 - Shadowy Ailments

Built with a generous grant from one of the University's benefactors, this clinic serves as a small teaching hospital as well. More severe injuries are stabilized, then transported to Muir Island. It also houses the University's research laboratories.

Re: DT1 - Shadowy Ailments

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:25 am

"You know, you probably would not have had to sneak in if I had told the staff you were staying here tonight," Onyx says, sitting up in the bed.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:36 am

"And then they would have taken your food and demanded to have someone check out my shoulder." she says and makes a fart noise with her mouth.
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:44 am

"Unassailable logic," Onyx says, reaching for some chopsticks.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:50 am

"And I don't think I can spend all night in this chair anyway. I'll just keep you some company till you kick me out to get some sleep."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:59 am

"I would offer to share my bed, but it is a little small," Onyx says.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:26 pm

"Yeah, that'd be kinda awkward." Yes, that's what that would be.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:12 pm

"Especially since I am not wearing pants," Onyx says in what sounds like an attempt at a joke. In fact, it was weird how aware she felt that she was dressed in a flimsy hospital gown. It made her feel uncomfortable for some reason she couldn't quite put her finger on.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:16 pm

"I shoulda brought you some pajamas..." Nailah says awkwardly, trying hard not to dwell on that information and let her imagination run free.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:22 pm

"It is alright, ma'am," Onyx says. "I do not usually wear pajamas anyway."
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:23 pm

"But... then what do you wear to bed?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:30 pm

"I do not wear anything," Onyx says in the tone of someone that believes that to be a completely natural, normal thing.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:39 pm

"Oh! Uhm... okay, that... yeah. Wow. No, that--that's cool. Probably pretty nice in the summer and all, yeah?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:53 pm

"Yes. Especially in Madripoor, where it can get very hot," Onyx says. She smooths the covers over her lap nervously. She felt weird. She had been awkward around Nailah before, but she assumed it was because of her lack of experience in social interactions. This was different. It felt like she was hypersensitive all of the sudden, like an electric shock was traveling along every nerve.

"I never had anyone around when I was sleeping," Onyx babbles. Why was she rambling? "I understand that some girls have slumber parties when they are young, but since I did not have friends it was not an issue. If I had someone spend the night, I mean, if you were to sleep over or something like, I would wear clothes of course. I would not wish to make you uncomfortable, ma'am."

...What the hell was that? Onyx pretends to focus on eating food to avoid looking up.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:02 pm

"Slumber parties are fun. I haven't had one in a long time though, when it turned out I was a mutant I lost a bunch of friends. Not that I ever had that many to begin with, but it still kinda sucked. That's why I thought a night with pizza and movies and all would be cool." she says and she almost has herself convinced that that's why she's looking forward to that.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:05 pm

"It does sound very fun," Onyx agrees quickly.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:10 pm

"I guess a proper slumber-party would have more people, but..." she says before she realizes that she doesn't really have anything to follow that up with. And she's not sure she's ready to admit to Onyx (or herself) that she just looks forward to spending time with her alone.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:19 pm

"I do not know if I would be comfortable sleeping with many other people," Onyx says. "When I am asleep, I am vulnerable to attack. I would not be able to rest unless I was with people I can trust completely."

It was a lie and Onyx knows it. She has been trained to sleep very lightly and could not be easily attacked while sleeping. Plus, she knows t was extremely unlikely that anyone that she or Nailah would invite would attack her.

She tries not to think about any of this. She puts it in the big pile of things she's trying to ignore, like the fact that the topic of discussion has her skin feeling electric to the touch. Or the fact that she keeps catching herself staring at Nailah.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:32 pm

"That means a lot to me." Nailah beams. The fact that Onyx has a roommate she regularly sleeps in the same room with doesn't occur to her. But she knows Onyx has some strange idiosyncrasies and she's really happy and a little proud about being able to wrap her head around them. And if Onyx can be that comfortable around her then she shouldn't be such a spaz about the fact that Onyx is just wearing a flimsy gown. Even if that thought makes her feel like she's swallowed a big ball of glowing butterflies. She's not really sure what to do to reinforce that thought to herself though, so she just leans in to snatch a piece of chicken from Onyx' plate with a faint smirk. That counts as moving into Onyx' personal bubble, right? And it's perfectly harmless too! Somehow that actually ends up putting her a little more at ease.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:38 pm

At the same time, Onyx leans a bit closer to eat some rice, bringing her face uncomfortably close to Nailah's suddenly. Her eyes widen and her body tenses, like a deer caught in the headlights.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:41 pm

Nailah just has popped the chicken into her mouth when she notices and gives Onyx a sheepish smile, thinking she's somehow set off the girl's combat-instincts. "Shorry." she adds, as she chews.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:45 pm

"It's fine," Onyx says straightening up. "You just surprised me. That is all."

Onyx takes a deep breath, trying to settle down. Being in the medical building was making her restless. She shifts her legs a bit. It didn't help.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:48 pm

"Everything alright? You seem kinda on edge."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:51 pm

"I probably just absorbed too much radiation when they were treating me," Onyx says. "It can make me feel strange if I do not have anyway to get rid of it."
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:01 pm

"Like being full of energy while they got you cooped up in here?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:28 pm

"Exactly," Onyx says.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:47 pm

"That sucks. And they're just keeping you for observation?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:49 pm

"Yes, ma'am," Onyx says. "They told me it is standard procedure, even if I was feeling fine."
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:53 pm

"That is so stupid. They're not even keeping an eye on you right now. I'm doing a better job than they are."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:55 pm

"I know," Onyx sighs. "Perhaps I should sneak out? It would be nice to sleep in my own bed."
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:59 pm

"I'll distract them if you wanna make a break for it." she grins.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:01 pm

Onyx grins excitedly. "Do it. I will meet you outside shortly."
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:06 pm

"Awesome!" She jumps up and hurries to the door. She peers out before slipping into the hallway, looking up and down the corridor until she spots the nurses' station. She walks up to it and positions herself in a way that'd make whoever is there look away from Onyx' room. "Uhm, I have a question..." she starts, keeping an eye peeled for the door.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:10 pm

As Nailah distracts the staff, Onyx sneaks out of bed and slips out of the window with the silent, practiced ease of a well-trained master of stealth.

A well-trained master of stealth wearing a polka-dotted hospital gown.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:22 pm

After stammering her way through a bunch of stupid questions Nailah is beginning to wonder what is taking Onyx so long. Until she realizes she probably left through the window, at which point she makes up a quick excuse and hurries out the door. Looking around she tries to see if she can spot Onyx anywhere.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:34 pm

Onyx slips out of the shadows next to next to Nailah once she spots her friend leaving the building.

"It is much colder than I expected," Onyx says, shivering a bit.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:38 pm

"I'll say! Why are you still in your hispotal gown. I mean hospital gown!"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:43 pm

"I do not know where they are keeping my clothes," Onyx says. "And I forgot it is not as warm in this country."
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:47 pm

"Let's just hurry and get you to your room." she says. For a moment she sways back and forth a bit as she tries to make up her mind but in the end her friend's comfort wins out over awkwardness and she steps over to Onyx and unfolds her good wing to drape it over the girl's shoulder to warm her up.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:51 pm

Onyx is a little too cold to think about anything but enjoying the warmth. "Th-th-thank you, ma'am."
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:15 am

Nailah, on the other hand, is very much preoccupied with how nice this feels and she can only tell herself that it's because she's helping for so long. Although part of it is because she's happy to be there for Onyx she's having a hard time ignoring the girl tucked underneath her wing. It doesn't help that she's not really sure what to do with her arm aside from awkwardly holding it out behind Onyx and that gets tiring fast, especially when she could just put it around Onyx' waist. She makes it about halfway to the dorms before her arm just gets sore and she gives up on trying. The jolt of warmth spreading out form her stomach when she finally does place her arm around the other girl's waist is just an added bonus, right?
Nailah Weaver
Student

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to Da Costa Medical Building