I2DT - Technopathetic

Built with a generous grant from one of the University's benefactors, this clinic serves as a small teaching hospital as well. More severe injuries are stabilized, then transported to Muir Island. It also houses the University's research laboratories.

I2DT - Technopathetic

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:26 pm

After fixing her legs Ashlie makes her way over to her apartment to find some less torn and stained clothes and something a little less strict than her usual business attire. She wants to avoid scaring or intimidating Heather, especially since she's hoping to convince her to stay. Technically she is obligated to inform the girl's parents, but if she can get her to ask for help there are enough mutant-related loopholes she could probably keep herself from obeying the letter of the law.

She makes her way over to the Medical Center where Heather is being looked after.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Re: I2DT - Technopathetic

Postby Heather West » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:08 am

Heather was sulking in her room. She had refused to talk to anyone and was even recently refusing to eat.

She was not happy.
Heather West

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:12 am

Ashlie knocks on the door and steps inside, giving Heather a slight wave.

"Hi Heather. What do you say we get out of this room and go for a walk?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Heather West » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:17 am

Heather glares at Ashlie before saying quietly. "Why would I want to go anywhere with you?"
Heather West

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:21 am

"I was hoping we could talk. And I figured you might be sick of this room."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Heather West » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:53 am

Heather hesitates, but ultimately gives up and stands up.

"Fine."
Heather West

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:03 am

"I know you don't trust me or Rob, but I hope you could answer a couple questions for me. You can stop anytime if you don't want to talk about something, okay?" she asks as the two head down the main corridor and towards the door. "Your friend, Perdita. Who was she?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Heather West » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:15 am

"You mean, who was she other than my best friend that you killed?" Heather asks.
Heather West

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:20 am

"I'm really sorry about what happened. I didn't mean to take your friend away. Just like I'm sure you didn't mean to tear her out of my system."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Heather West » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:26 am

"What do you mean?" Heather asks. "I didn't do anything like that."
Heather West

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:37 am

"It was an accident, I'm sure. But I didn't kill her. You brought her back to me and we merged." she lies. Technically death was more something reserved for those who are actually alive anyway, but she hardly understands the ramifications of what happened, she can't really expect Heather to. "I was malfunctioning badly without her. I wasn't meant to run without her."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Heather West » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:57 am

"She was the best person I've ever met," Heather says. "She was kind and caring and sweet."

Apparently, Heather had learned a thing or two about guilting people from her mother.
Heather West

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:06 am

"I may not be as innocent as her, but those things you saw in her, they're not gone."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Heather West » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:23 am

"You are not Perdita," Heather says, a bit forcefully.
Heather West

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:27 am

"No, I'm not. I can't be that naive or reckless. I don't expect you to like me or even just forgive me, but I would like to hear about Perdita, if you don't mind."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Heather West » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:28 am

"...What would you like to know?" Heather asks.
Heather West

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:33 am

"You've already told me a bit about what she was like, but I'd like to know what happened. Just tell me about your friend."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Heather West » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:40 am

After a moment of hesitation, Heather tells her the entire story. Making friends. Finding Nina. Escaping the house. Their life on the run and their confrontation with the man that wanted to capture Perdita. Heather was an excellent storyteller and despite some pointed reminders about how great Perdita was, Heather did her best to represent her friend's short time faithfully and respectfully.
Heather West

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:53 am

Ashlie for her part doesn't interrupt her once, nodding and listening carefully.

"I can see why you miss her. And you're right, some of those things aren't what I would have done. I'm sure she was glad to have spend her time with you and Nina though."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Heather West » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:55 am

Heather nods a bit sadly, "What happens now?"
Heather West

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:09 am

"That is entirely up to you. Technically you're underage and I need to contact your parents. I really don't want to do that though and as an extension of Xavier's Institute I'm legally allowed to provide protection to mutants who ask for it. That can, if required, include keeping your parents in the dark. It really depends on how much of a threat you think they might be to you and Nina."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Heather West » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:46 pm

"They were trying to kill Nina," Heather says. "I never want to see them again."
Heather West

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:52 pm

"That's all I needed to hear. As long as you wish to stay here I'll make sure they don't come anywhere near you two again. I will see about getting you two set up at the local school since you're a little young to go to school here. And if you wish to continue the work you've been doing with Perdita I will do whatever I can to support that."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Heather West » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:23 pm

Heather nods, "I would. I want to...I don't know. I want to honor her memory."
Heather West

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:07 pm

"Then we'll do just that. I have some ideas, but she was your friend. If you need advice I'll be there though."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Topic attributes:

Return to Da Costa Medical Building