I2DT - To The Left Of My Right Mind

Built with a generous grant from one of the University's benefactors, this clinic serves as a small teaching hospital as well. More severe injuries are stabilized, then transported to Muir Island. It also houses the University's research laboratories.

I2DT - To The Left Of My Right Mind

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:33 pm

Tereza was in the infirmary after her ordeal. As a precaution she was secured to the bed. Not that that would really stop me if I go crazy again, she thought, looking up at the ceiling.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Re: I2DT - To The Left Of My Right Mind

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:13 pm

"You are awake." Vivienne stood in the doorway with an arm full of roses.

"I thought you might like something to look at beside blank walls."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:23 pm

"The walls aren't so bad," she said, smiling at the flowers.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:36 pm

"How are you feeling, physically?" She set the roses on the rolling bedside table, she then pulled one, broke its stem short and carefully tucked it into Tereza's hair.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:43 pm

"I'm very tired," she said. "Apparently I pushed a little hard trying to kill you."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:04 pm

"I am unsure if either of us would have been able to kill the other with just our power. We are too alike." She smiled as she took a seat.

"How are you otherwise?"
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:13 pm

"I... really don't know." She looked away from Vivienne. "It's just a lot to take in."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:37 pm

Gideon knocked on the door to Tereza's room not wanting to interrupt the moment between her and Vivienne but also needing to check in on the latest case of telepathic manipulation to arrive at the school.
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:38 pm

"Come in," Tereza said, temporarily glad for the distraction from harder questions.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:49 pm

Gideon entered the room and took a quick look at Tereza's chart to look for any abnormal behaviors being noted by the medical center staff.

"Tereza Rozanov I'm Professor Gideon Rede," Gideon said looking up from the chart, "I instruct telepaths and work with students who've had altercations with telepaths before or during their time at the school. I hear you've had a trying time of things recently."
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:56 pm

"You could say that," Tereza said. "Kidnapped, tried to kill my girlfriend. It's been a hell of a time."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:09 pm

Vivienne took Tereza's hand, a silent attempt to reassure her that she wasn't going anywhere. "You were used, it was not your will."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:15 pm

"I'll try to keep this brief so you can get some more rest then," Gideon said, "I'm here to assess you to confirm you're not a threat to the student body and if you wish to start the process of removing any remaining conditioning."
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:17 pm

"No time like the present," Tereza said. "It would be nice to not be restrained."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:36 pm

"Very well," Gideon said grabbing a chair and sitting down, "Before we begin I want you to know that I am going to enter your mindscape to assess you. Whatever happens will be considered confidential unless it would be considered a serious security concern."

"Do you agree to undergo the assessment?"
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:47 pm

"It's probably either that or going back to Muir, so yes."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:53 am

"Knowledge is power. I think it will be good for you to know exactly what they did to you."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:25 am

"Freedom is usually the better choice," Gideon said, "Try to clear your mind. It will make this much easier for both of us."

With that Gideon touched Tereza's mind first to assess any damage that may have been left after last night.
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:33 am

There was no obvious surface damage, though there was a lot of anger being suppressed at the moment. She was obviously trying to relax, but there was a lot going on under the surface.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:50 am

Seeing no external damage Gideon went deeper entering Terezas mind to look for what he could sense was was roiling beneath the surface.
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:59 am

Under the surface was a minor mess, although not as bad as it could have been. Everywhere there were signs of something's attempt to suppress communication and push aggression. As he bridged into her mindscape proper, he found himself in what looked like a rundown prison. Everywhere there where solid iron doors and directive signs on the walls in Russian.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:50 am

Gideon was undisturbed, but also could tell how much work likely would need to be done to get Terezas mind back to how it had been before the telepathic meddling. Gideon read the first sign he saw hoping it would point him towards a central hub.

<"I wonder where all the guards are,"> Gideon said to himself in Russian.
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:54 am

The sign had several arrows and several words on it:
Code: Select all
<-- Classrooms
<-- Headmaster's Office
    Cafeteria -->
      Showers -->
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:10 am

Gideon walked towards the headmasters office while looking at the iron doors that appeared to line the hallway.
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:17 am

Some of the doors had been welded shut while others were in some sort of strange half-state as if their construction and linkage to the mindscape as a whole wasn't quite finished. He arrived at the headmaster's office without incident. The door to this one was wooden, unlike the other doors and seemed firmly cemented into the mindscape. It showed signs of tampering though, as if it had been molded into this construction.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:25 am

Gideon knocked on the door. It was only polite and violence wasnt always the best choice. However, he did reach out with his telepathic abilities hoping to determine if this part of the mindscape was genuinely Tereza and the hallways had a different telepathic signature.
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:32 am

The room was a mixed bag. Whoever had done this had blended Tereza's existing mindscape here as a sort of anchor. It probably wasn't the only one, but it was a hook. There was a muffled noise from the other side of the door, but there was also a buzzing noise and the sound of the lock on the door disengaging.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:37 am

Gideon pushed the door open as he heard the locks disengage. His avatar for its part looked almost identical to his standard form. A sports coat, nice pants, very traditionally professorial, but perhaps slightly out of place in a gulag.

"Hello?" Gideon asked looking around the office as he stepped in.
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:47 am

The room itself looked less like a headmaster's office and more like a like a small throne room. Seated on the throne was a woman in red robes. She was still wearing the collar and gag that Sam put into place. She raised an eyebrow at Gideon. A form that looked like Tereza's physical form was chained to the throne itself. She was huddled against the side of the throne as if she was trying to hide. It wasn't hard to see the threads tying the woman in red robes to Tereza. It was like someone had pulled Tereza into two pieces and formed the second piece into a construct all its own.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Gideon looked at the chained figure then down to the image of Tereza that was hiding beside the throne. He reached out to the two figures to get a sense for what emotions had been divided and into which figure they had been divided into.

"Do you wish to be free of the throne?" Gideon asked looking at the version of Tereza hudddled against said throne.
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:59 pm

The chained Tereza looked at him cautiously and huddled further up against the throne almost as if she were trying to make herself smaller. She nodded a little though.

The woman in robes seemed to hold the majority of Tereza's ability to process language as well as being intricately connected to her anger. Upon further inspection, it looked like the woman in robes served as a filter for everything. She was actually a complicated construct and a lot of work had been done to remold her. She augmented Tereza's natural interests and basically made her more 'American', if that was a thing. There seemed to be several triggers in the construct, some of which had been touched recently. Though it looked like Sam's work with the gag and collar on the woman had kept the triggers from being as effective as they were designed to be.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:09 pm

Gideon began to examine the triggers with his powers looking for ways to perhaps turn the construct 'off'. He also tried to take a look at Samantha's construct to see if there were any signs of it fracturing seeing as the last thing Gideon needed was an aspect of Tereza's anger breaking loose.

Meanwhile he moved towards the throne to take the chain in his hand.

"Don't worry this will be over soon," Gideon said as he walked slowly towards the throne.
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:15 pm

One of the recently touched triggers seemed wired to shut down her conscious mind completely, effectively rendering her unconscious. The other touched trigger *should* have opened the floodgates on her anger, looping it and feeding it and turning her into an unreasoning monster. It was a scorched earth sort of situation and if it hadn't been for the gag and collar, he probably wouldn't have been able to have a conversation with Tereza in the first place. The other triggers were in place, but didn't seem to be attached to functions as if the job hadn't been finished.

Sam's constructs were showing signs of wear and tear from having to restrain the woman in robes, but they were holding for now. Tereza looked at him, then at the woman in robes, then back to him. "Are you sure? She says I won't be me anymore."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:14 pm

Gideon paused with the chain in his hand to examine the construct to see how recently it had been put into place. If it had in fact been a result of just this recent trauma or had existed previous to it.

"She would say that and perhaps you will be different," Gideon said as he examined the construct again.
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:16 pm

The construct had been in place for years, well prior to her time at the university and even prior to her reported time with the Brotherhood listed in her records.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:22 pm

That made Gideon paused instead examining the switch that would turn Tereza into an unreasoning incarnation of rage. He looked to see if there was a way to excise it so it couldn't be triggered. Looking to see if it connected inextricably with Tereza's mind or not.
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:32 pm

It should be possible to excise the trigger point, which seemed to be tied to some sort of auditory cue. The programming would still exist, but there wouldn't be any way to trigger it short of direct telepathic meddling.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:50 pm

Gideon gently pulled out the trigger point for the turning Tereza into anger incarnate. He then moved onto the next trigger that would render unconscious hoping to excise it as well if it was wired similarly. He made a mental note to work with Tereza on shielding her mind from telepathic intrusions.

"I will do my best to avoid causing you harm," Gideon said hoping to further reassure the aspect of Tereza sitting by the throne.

He then moved onto examine the threads holding the construct and what appeared to be Tereza's mind together.
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:00 pm

The threads were pretty binding. It looked like whoever had set it up had used Tereza's own mind as a building block for the construct rather than forming the construct whole cloth. Excising the construct itself was likely to damage Tereza in some way, though with a construct this ingrained how far or just what form that damage would take was unpredictable. It might be possible to break the construct apart and reintegrate it into Tereza's mind, but that would take time.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:11 pm

Gideon knew that it was better to try and remove the construct over multiple sessions with Tereza instead of possibly lobotomizing her trying to remove it in one go. Dismantling the construct carefully and teaching Tereza to defend herself was a far better option. He set about reinforcing the existing ones so they'd last/

"I'm going to put new restraints into place upon her and reinforce the ones that are there already," Gideon said to Tereza, "I will free you but it will take time."
Sean Hall
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to Da Costa Medical Building