Checking In

Built with a generous grant from one of the University's benefactors, this clinic serves as a small teaching hospital as well. More severe injuries are stabilized, then transported to Muir Island. It also houses the University's research laboratories.

Checking In

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:01 pm

Mira floated down the halls in the Med Center, deep past the busy sections to the more sedate, long-term care section.

Her door was locked. That wasn't a problem for her, of course; she floated right on in.

It was getting late. And you don't really want her around after midnight, after all...

(open)
Altamira Vazquez

Re: Checking In

Postby Melissa Terrance » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:17 pm

Not many people hang out in the medical building late at night, but Melissa is apparently one of them. She stops briefly outside the door to Altamira's room before scanning her faculty access and stepping into the room. "Miss Vazquez? Is everything alright?"
Melissa Terrance

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:45 pm

The room was pretty stark and barren, all things considered. It was mostly taken up by a bed and all the various medical equipment and gizmos that were required to keep Mira's body alive and well -- or, at least, as well as could be expected.

Mira hovered over her own body, looking down thoughtfully.

"Hrm? Oh, no, everything's...everything's alright for now. I was just getting ready for some sleep..."
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Melissa Terrance » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:09 pm

"Sleep's a good thing to find," Melissa says, moving over to look at the bed. "Sometimes it's more difficult than others." She didn't really see Mira, not like anyone else did. Mira was more of a 'presence' to her, more akin to an astral avatar. "I'm Professor Terrance. I've been meaning to introduce myself, but things have been so busy lately."
Melissa Terrance

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:35 pm

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Professor Terrance. What brings you down to the depths of the medical center?"
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Melissa Terrance » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:57 pm

"Walking the halls. I have a hard time sleeping on the best of nights. Trying to find a good solution through X-Corp, but my telekinesis makes it difficult sometimes." She's carrying her cane in its folded state, almost like a security blanket of sorts.
Melissa Terrance

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:44 am

"I can understand that," Altamira said, sympathetically. "Nightmares?"
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Melissa Terrance » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:58 am

"Not particularly. Hyper-awareness of my surroundings," she says, "And some other sleep issues brought on by not getting feedback from light. It's something I've had to acclimate myself to, but sometimes difficulties still arise. What about you? Adjusting to your new surroundings?"
Melissa Terrance

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:02 am

"Yeeeees..." MIra said, carefully. "Perhaps too much, at times."
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Melissa Terrance » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:08 am

"I suppose in your situation that might be a bit literal. Something you'd like to talk about?"
Melissa Terrance

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:09 am

"We can, if you'd like.

It can just be exhausting. There are so many people here, and, they're all very...

..assertive", she said, after a moment.
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Melissa Terrance » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:14 am

"A problem experienced by quite a few telepaths, though I would guess that it's amplified in your situation." She ponders for a moment, "You change to fit their expectations, yes?"
Melissa Terrance

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:20 am

"Mostly -- my form and attitude takes on aspects of what they're dwelling on.

Which means I should really try to avoid the boy's half of the dorms in the evenings."
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Melissa Terrance » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:26 am

Melissa gives a sympathetic chuckle, "I would say that's a wise course of action. If you'd like, I can work with you on building your shields. It wouldn't be a quick fix, but it may help."
Melissa Terrance

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:30 am

"I'm a little concerned about that, because if I shield myself off from people, then I don't...

...it'd be like the headmistress. She can't see me. She can't feel me. I might as well not be there. What if it was like that for everyone?"
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Melissa Terrance » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:38 am

"You'd have to build them differently than most telepaths and it would require some experimentation. To be perfectly honest, I've never tutored another telepath before."
Melissa Terrance

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:40 am

"Really? I would have thought that a counselor in places like this would have a lot of experience with that sort of thing."
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Melissa Terrance » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:47 am

"I was a counselor at a secondary school for quite a few years, so I have plenty of experience with counseling. And I went to Xavier's Institute, so I've worked with telepaths before. There's a lot of call for functional telepaths in the world, so sometimes those of us with less direct, but still applicable, experience get called on."
Melissa Terrance

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:55 am

Melissa Terrance wrote:"I was a counselor at a secondary school for quite a few years, so I have plenty of experience with counseling. And I went to Xavier's Institute, so I've worked with telepaths before. There's a lot of call for functional telepaths in the world, so sometimes those of us with less direct, but still applicable, experience get called on."

"That sounds an awful lot like 'we'd be winging it'," she smiled.
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Melissa Terrance » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:59 pm

She smiles, "I'll let you in on a small secret. As a telepath, you'll likely always be winging it. In telepathy, it never pays to be too rigid."
Melissa Terrance

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:18 pm

"At the same time, it's no good to be too flexible, either."
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Melissa Terrance » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:00 pm

"That probably plays into your current problem. That would be the thing we'd initially be working to help with."
Melissa Terrance

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:47 pm

Mira nodded. "That would make some sense, yes...a happy medium, I suppose."
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Melissa Terrance » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:30 am

"Unhappy mediums are inadvisable," Melissa jokes.
Melissa Terrance

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:57 am

"Then they give you Kafka dreams, yes?"
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Melissa Terrance » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:25 pm

"That is a distinct possibility," she laughs. "I should probably leave you to your sleep. We can arrange a schedule when you're ready to start working on your telepathy."
Melissa Terrance

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:46 pm

"I think I'd like that. Thank you, Professor Terrance," she smiled.

She made no move towards her bed or anything of that nature, just sort of floating there in space.
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Melissa Terrance » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Melissa 'watches' her for a moment and then smiles as she heads for the door, "Good night, Miss Vazquez."
Melissa Terrance

Topic attributes:

Return to Da Costa Medical Building