DT1: Yoga is as Yoga does

Renovated and named in memoriam of Alysande Stuart. Houses a modest swimming pool suitable for laps and diving, numerous exercise equipment, an indoor basketball court as well as a nearby soccer field.

Re: DT1: Yoga is as Yoga does

Postby Emilie » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:28 pm

"I've seen you practice before... but if you want to give me a refresher course of your gymnastics skills you're welcome to." She replied back, that 'not all that serious' tone slowly returning to her voice.

She still hadn't let go of him.
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:08 am

Vic tilted his head slightly. "Hmm... any requests? Rings? Pommel? Bars?"
Victor Freud
Student

High Concept: Face Turning Heel
Aspect: Title of Your Sex Tape / The Gadfly
Aspect: Shrinky Dink Shenanigans
Aspect: Always Second Best
Aspect: Underestimating Badassery
Aspect: Dressed for Success

Postby Emilie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:13 am

Em leaned a bit forward so she could turn her neck to look at him."Surprise me."
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:41 am

Victor gave Emilie a little joking 'get away from me' type push as he stepped back, heading for the high bar and clapping a bit of chalk onto his hands. Considering how short he was it was impressive in and of itself that he could even jump and grab onto the bar. He pulled himself up so that his body rested on the bar just above his hips, his legs straight and body tilted at a roughly 45 degree angle, before he began swinging over the bar. After a few passes he was starting to straighten his arms so that he paused directly over it, doing a sort of hand-stand before swinging again. A few more swings around and he flipped off of the bar backward on the under-swing, spreading his legs and touching his feet with his hands for one rotation before landing on his feet.

"That's a - Tkachev - Salto." He said between deep panting breaths, his shirt noticeably sweaty after "just" one activity.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:51 am

Em curled her nose at Vic as he shoved her off, as if to say 'I don't like you either boys are icky.'

Once he was done with what extensively counted as 'showing off', she nonetheless acted pleased with his display, smiling and applauding him.

"And I'm sure it was perfect. Looked impressive anywho.

Need a moment there?" She asked, noticing his breathing patterns.
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:19 am

"Oh yeah, no it's fine. I normally just... ease into something like that."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:27 am

"You're really showing off then." Emilie laughed. "Don't hurt yourself trying to impress me. You really don't need to try so hard. I'm very easily amused.

Am I supposed to reciprocate? Is this how this game works? We keep upping each other until one of us has a broken arm or something?

I mean I am down to clown, I just need to understand the rules."
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:27 am

"Well if I'm gonna do a trick, I might as well try one of my best, right?" Victor rolled his shoulder around in his socket as he spoke.

"Well you can try to one-up me if you want to. You can't, but you can try."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:00 am

Emilie watched him roll his shoulder to try to relieve muscle tension and for a split second had felt like perhaps she should rub if for him, to help. Then he went and opened his mouth as Freud's tended to do, ruining the instance of pity she had felt.

Still, she remained modest. Grabbing the hoop up from the floor where she left it she went to the player again to skip the next song at random.

Emilie bounced the hoop forward along the floor in time to the music as she moved back towards Victor.

As the first verse of the song played out, Emilie was doing too much of impressive note really. Mostly, she just seemed to be showing off how fast she could move the object in question in standard 'Hula Hoop' style, up and down her body at different levels and how it looked twirling on her different limbs. It obviously took practice, but it wasn't nearly as physically as demanding as what he had done, which meant she wasn't done yet herself. Once the chorus of the song had passed though, it'd be more apparent why she'd stayed relatively idle. She was familiarizing herself to the music, as any decent performer would. She maintained eye contact with Victor as she was doing this.

Now she pulled out the stops, and began a series of back to back tricks which was akin to dancing and juggling together. They were all so fast paced and back to back it was hard to tell when one trick ended and the next one began. For now, most of them stayed above the waist. Somehow she continued her eye contact, breaking only when she had no other choice because her head had to turn to perform the trick. She would continue this intense stare throughout her performance. It was being done on purpose, to prove she was capable of doing this tricks even slightly distracted.

As the chorus broke out again, Emilie was spinning the hoop up and down her body lengthwise, letting it get free of her at her shoulder and tossing it above her head, then catching it behind her back.=, then the hoop was flipping around her torso front to back using her elbows to isolate it around herself, then she popped it loose and caught it in her left hand gracefully along Emilie's arms from the tip of one hand to the other across her collarbone.

Back to verses, and Emilie was now showing off a series of tricks she could do with her lower body such as isolated spinning on each leg, passing it between then and the like. By the return of the chorus, her tricks for her lower body mirrored the ones during the last chorus but entirely isolated to her lower body, and by the end of the chorus she was in a position similar to a handstand with the loop spinning around her ankle.

During the breakdown of the song was when she really went for it, combining the tricks for both upper and lower body into a short routine. When she heard the song's obvious conclusion, she let the hoop fall down a single leg, then popped her ankle backward to toss it behind her back. She finally broke her eye contact with Victor to catch the hoop, then turned towards the music player to go turn it down again.
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:18 am

Victor maintained a pose like an art critic staring at a new exhibit by a previously unknown artist; weight shifted onto one leg, one arm across his chest and the other holding his chin. His trick had only taken about thirty seconds, while Emelie's performance gave him a couple of minutes worth of material to take in. When she turned her back toward him and headed for the stereo he began a slow clap.

"I love it when you girls prove some doubting macho dumbass wrong, especially when I'm the dumbass. You always knock it out of the park when you're putting someone in their place."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:23 am

Emilie was sauntering towards Victor her hands now free of the hoop.

"Too much? I thought not setting it on fire was pulling enough punches but I guess next time i'll know better." She smirked.
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:51 am

"There's no such thing as too much. I'd have to work damn hard to try and outdo that. I can play with a hoop a little bit but nothing close to that."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:57 am

"Proverbial 'singing for one's supper' learns you a whole host of tricks that have no practical application." She mused.
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:04 am

"Art doesn't have to be practical. Wine and good food aren't practical either. But they make life better. And chefs and vineyards can make money, so people must want things that aren't practical."

Deep thoughts.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:07 am

Emilie looked at Victor with that skeptically cocked head of hers, folding her arms over her head.

"Are you even old enough to drink and validify that statement?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:12 am

"In this country I am!? Victor said rather smugly and puffed up like a rooster, hands on his hips and leg raised to stand on an imaginary oak keg.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:14 am

"That means you're over sixteen, but still probably jailbait." She laughed. filling in the blanks of his statement for him.
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:26 am

"I'm not smart enough to be going to college at sixteen, ya goof."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:29 am

"And yet you still dodge my question." She pointed out. "Afraid you new friend won't think you're mature enough? "
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:38 am

"Or maybe I'm afraid you won't like me if I'm not some sort of a risk. Maybe being taboo is the only thing a milquetoast guy like me has going for him? Otherwise senpai might not notice me."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:41 am

"Considering I am not a pervert in that capacity you are actually making your chances worse, not better." She frowned, obviously not liking the implication she was a weirdo. Well, that kind of a weirdo anyways. " No institute boy was ever the target of my affections or ever will be." Institute Freud to be more precise.

"But if you like friend zoning yourself then by all means..."
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:05 am

"Hey, you're the one who called me jailbait." Victor stretched his arms above his head. "And I'm eighteen, by-the-way. I'll wait until some other day to find out what kind of capacity you are a pervert in."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:10 am

"Don't assume you'll be given the option. A little bird told me there's a lanky Pole around here somewhere. They always make an excellent snuggle buddy when I'm feeling blue and don't want to be bothered with more than that." She laid her hand on his chest for a moment, then gave it a light pat before pulling away from him, seemingly to go elsewhere. Whether or not Vic would pick up what Emilie was suggesting, she was uncertain. It was almost funnier if he didn't actually.
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:56 am

Victor stared at her.

"... you can Pole dance?"

Rimshot.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:01 am

"Yes." Real answer.

"Enjoy your practice Victor." she added, leaving to hit the girls showers back in the dorms.
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:11 am

Victor pursed his lips slightly as he nodded, being given food for thought to mull over while bending and tumbling and flipping onto mats.
Victor Freud
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to Stuart Recreational Complex