Messing Around (open)

Renovated and named in memoriam of Alysande Stuart. Houses a modest swimming pool suitable for laps and diving, numerous exercise equipment, an indoor basketball court as well as a nearby soccer field.

Messing Around (open)

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:38 pm

Aphrodite had kept awakening from her early sleep. Instead of finding something small and quite to occupied her time back in her dorm. She found herself in the the gymnasium with a basketball in hand. Holding it against her chest as the decision to play around with her mutation or practice basketball was yet to be made. Biting her lip as her mandibles closed inches away. Once the choice was made the Human and insect mixed crouched before leaping acrossed from one side of the gym to the other. Shooting the ball at the basket during the end of the leap but missing.

(Open)
Aphrodite Johnson

Re: Messing Around (open)

Postby Emilie » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Passing by after finishing her yoga and hooping, Emilie noticed the insectoid girl playing basketball by herself. Forcing back a frown as she pulled open the door, Emilie's entrance into the court would be signaled not only from the sound of the doors opening, but from the loud clomps her Doc Marten boots made on the floor of the gym. She gave the girl a laid back smile as she approached, lips coated in lip balm today instead of dark lipstick. Make up and workouts weren't exactly good bedfellows.

"Hey. Need someone to shoot with?" she asked, the snake-bite piercings in her bottom lip much more obvious now that she was so close.
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:09 pm

Solid dark green eyes stared at the ball as it bounced. Brushing a strand of her dark black hair back as she turned to see what or who was entering the gym. Looking at the gal who's boots made a loud clomping noise with each step. Aphrodite's wings rubbed together making a chirp noise out of habit as her extra arms went to her hips and the main ones were crossed. Nodding her head toward the other girls question before opening her lips. "Yeah sure as long as you don't mine cheaters" She grinned sarcastically before turning away to run and get the ball. Grasping it in her main hands and hopping back over in a small jump. Bounce passing the ball toward the unknown women. "Names Aphrodite.. Ironic I know." She smiled.
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:31 pm

"Well I don't play, I just shoot, so unless you are that awesome of a cheater I don't know how well those skills will help you." She replied with that her usual sardonic tone. Her hand-eye coordination seemed well enough since she caught the ball as it came at her.

"Emilie.

You new?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:54 pm

"Fresh off the plane this morning" Aphrodite said as she walked over to the hoop ready to catch rebound shots sense Wmilie said she didn't play. Raising a brow as a question came to mind. "Cute guys or fugly guys here?" She asked hoping for the latter.
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:01 pm

Emilie went for the shot, and predictably missed.

"Both. Depends on what you're into also. For example, I like shorter boys but most girls probably wouldn't."

Emilie being short herself probably explained this to Aphrodite without Emilie having to go into it further.

"Sides, in my experience, the fugly guys try harder. That's worth way more than a pretty face who doesn't put in any effort because he's the dude version of some fresh-faced basic bitch. "
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:21 pm

"I'm just looking for somebody that can look past mandibles and the whole insect style I got going on" Catching the rebound before tossing over to Emilie

Tapping one of her fingers to her lips in thought. "But I need that proper mix of not minding the mandibles but not being a weirdo about it." She waited to catch the ball after Emillie would throw.
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:37 pm

"What you mean like, mandibles make him horny? Cuz like, to me finding that person that finds your quirks sexy sounds like a match made in heaven sis." She laughed, throwing again and missing, again.
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:26 am

Aphrodite considered her words carefully. Opening her mouth to say something but no words came out. Instead all that was heard was Emilies failed shot. "Perhaps but I don't want that being the only reason he is into me" passing the ball back to Emillie with a smirk.
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:32 am

"Well I suppose I can understand the logic, but generally speaking isn't a cookie cutter supposedly 'pretty face' what makes people notice each other anyways? So why not use your exotic look to your advantage? You can always kick him to the curb later if he's a shallow asshole."

And another whiff. Emilie was stupid bad at this.
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:15 pm

"Unless he is durable I don't think anyone in this form is a good idea." She said glancing down at her bent legs made for jumping in this form. Concidering what she said as the ball once against didn't make it in. It braught a smirk to her face as she grabbed it. "Even with a human size cricket your luck at this sucker." Shrugging her shoulders before passing it back. "I don't understand how someone could deal with another more shallow then them selfs. Too me it seems like it would get goddamn annoying"
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:05 pm

"Yea I wasn't built for sports, heh." Emilie glossed over the comments about her form. Another giant bug would probably go nuts for it, But she didn't wanna make Aphrodite uncomfortable by pointing it out.

"I think most people don't notice, or try to convince themselves their lovers behavior is okay because blah blah fill in the blank shifty reason."

Emilie went for another shot and managed to sink it. "Hey! Look it that. Stubbornness always wins."
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:11 pm

"It sounds more like a sad relationship to me." Aphrodite chimed in after watching the ball sink into the hoop. Clapping all four hands in applause in a non mocking away. "Your reward is nothing" She smiled and tossed the ball at the hoop, missing it. Letting out a sigh before getting the ball and passing it back to Emilie. "Any good places to eat at around here? Any stay open late? I like it at night because the likelyhood of some asshole pointing at me and claiming the restaurant has roaches is less unless a bar is near" despite the smile and joking demeanor their was a underline of irritation toward the sentence.
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:10 pm

"Story of my life. I'ma Muliple No-Prize winner." She chuckled. Emilie passed the ball back to Aphrodite since the girl had given her so many chances in a row.

"Maldon is pretty tolerant of us thanks to the Braddock family doing a bit of road paving for us, I've yet to hear of any students getting harassed publicly by anyone but gate protestors. I'd say yer absolute best bet for quiet tho, is The Rose and Crown. A team of superheroes used to hang out in there, some mutants, so they're probably more used to the unusual. And it's a pub so it's open later than a regular restaurant."
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:16 am

Aphrodite caught the ball and went for a shot which luckily she made the shit. Nodding her head as Emilie explained the situation in Maldon much to the new girls releif. "Oh good. Simply weirdos that you see on YouTube then?" She said as her mind thought about the fence protesters that near braught a amused smile. "So other then that place I take its a basics small town feel to Maldon? Plus the whole mutant college."
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:19 pm

"Basically yea. I can't promise it will stay that way if we can't keep our crazier shit like goblin attacks and super villain visits down to a minimum but for now, everything is copacetic.

It's fairly village-y, reminds me of some of the smaller communities in the Commonwealth. Little bit of everything on the goods end, but you'll probably need to hop the train to London for anything specific. Or use Amazon."
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:28 pm

Raising a finger up to give a moment of silence in a friendly manner with a smile splattered on her face. "Copacetic is a big word and instead of simply nodding and smiling acting as if I know i will simply google it if that's all right." She smiled as her second pair of hands whipped out her phone and typed in the question. "Oh orderly I gotcha." Aphrodite smiled. Groaning softly as the poor public education back home was showing again. "I have no idea where and what the commonwealth is? Lima, Ohio public school system is shit compared to the private catholic one so sorry if I miss a few things mate"
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:06 pm

"Well, it can mean a lot of places really, but in this instance I am talking about America's hat." She smirked.
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:54 pm

"Alaska? Or the tundra wasteland called Canada?" She smiled. "Oh Canada...and that's all I know about the anthem"
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:43 pm

Emilie smiled, tucking the basketball under her left arm and standing exceptionally still. She began to sing well within key, but in a voice that was much more haunting than one might associate to a national anthem.

"O Canada, our home and native land, True patriot love in all they sons command. With glowing hearts we see thee rise. The true north, strong and free. From far and wide, O Canada we stand on guard for thee. God keep our land glorious and free. O Canada we stand on guard for thee. O Canada, we stand on guard for thee."

Once she finished, she tilted her head at Aphrodite, still smirking.
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:35 pm

After the song was done Aohrodite had fake crocodile tears running down her cheeks. Cupping her ears to block the sound of it all while her wings ran together to make a chirping noise. Looking over at her trying to hide the smile. "I'm allergic to Canada's song don't you know... I am American" She shrugged and laughed lightly at her sometimes odd sense of humor. Brushing her hair back while her solid green eyes looked at the basketball and then Emillie. "So is it true All Canadians smuggle maple surup into Mexico?" Remembering the joke she heard back in Ohio.
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:06 am

"Nope, just cigarettes." She jokes back, shooting and missing again.
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:34 am

"Cigarettes laced with maple syrup?" Raising a brow as she went for the missed throw. Quickly jumping up to catch it and slam it down in. Smiling as the ball bounced. "Sometimes international cooperation is a good thing"
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:30 am

"Key word:sometimes. Heh.

So whacha think yer gonna study?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:17 am

"I don't know. Maybe become a gym teacher for all I know." she shrugged her shoulders. Wings rubbing together in a quick motion to make a audible chirp noise. "What do you want to do?"
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:48 am

"Not get kicked out, mainly." She chuckled. "Right now I am working on required math, and some basic photography classes."
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:58 am

"Oh you like the classes?" She asked tilting her head to the side making it crack. Doing the same with her fingers afterward
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:04 am

"Photography yes, but I hate math. I'm not good at science-y stuff or math."
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:00 pm

Aphrodite ran her hand through her hair. "Photography sounds fun. Escpecially the types that can take pictures in motion."
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Aphrodite using the term 'pictures in motion' caused Emilie to giggle, from a memory, not at Aphrodite herself. Not that the bug girl would be able to determine that.

" I believe in common vernacular, we call those movies."
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:37 am

Green cheeks slowly became a shade of red as her primary pair of hands made a z snap formation. "Bitch I mean those pictures of stuff moving at fast movements." She said joking waving her heads as a gesture for her non mean use of the word. Unsure of how folks attitudes were and making the girl who had talked to her the longest so far at the new university wasn't on her agenda. "You got any pics of guys?" Knowing how perch it must of sounded but it wasn't like she gave a rats bum
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:41 am

"hehehehe." Apparently she was totally fine with being referred to as 'bitch' casually. It'd been a minute since anyone had though, which was part of her giggling.

"Nope, not yet. Dudes aren't as enamoured with the concept of having their photograph taken in an artistic manner.

But I wanna get a snap of the invisible man. I wanna see if you can see him in photos."
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:48 am

saw a ice man a little while ago." Aphro chimed in as her wings brushed together making the audible chirp noise. Running her fingers through her dark black hair. Curling an attena around a finger. "But unless I want sever frostbite then I guess he is out.. " shrugging her shoulders as her mind began to wonder about this invisible man. "Can he see himself?"
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:52 am

"Fuck if I kno' sis. I don't talk to him intentionally. I know he can see everyone else because he stares like a creeper tho.

You wanna find boys, hang around the cafeteria or the pub. They don't stop eating or getting spliffed."
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:46 pm

"Spliffed?" The young women cocked her head to the side as she looked over at the door and then her watch. Damn she was tired. Yawning before street
Ching her arms above her head
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:13 pm

"Drunked up." Emilie stretched. " Thanks for the round, even tho I suck. You know your room yet?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:47 pm

"Yeah I think so...it has this Sphinx looking girl as a roommate." Aphro said rather unsure on what her number was but she was pretty optimistic about finding the room again.
Aphrodite Johnson

Postby Emilie » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:36 pm

"I shall leave you to it then. See ya later alligator." Her casual manner suggested she wasn't intending it as offensive, more silly.

She gave a little wave over her shoulder.
Emilie
Student

Postby Aphrodite Johnson » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 am

"In a while Crocodile." A smirk formed as she turned around to face the direction of the door. Wings brushing together for a chirp with each step before stepping outside
Aphrodite Johnson

Topic attributes:

Return to Stuart Recreational Complex