Going Through The Motions

Renovated and named in memoriam of Alysande Stuart. Houses a modest swimming pool suitable for laps and diving, numerous exercise equipment, an indoor basketball court as well as a nearby soccer field.

Postby Gemmalara » Fri May 05, 2017 5:48 pm

Gemmalara stands next to the pool dressed in a one-piece swimsuit with a skirt wrapped around her waist. Her hair is pulled back into a ponytail, making her pointed ears extra obvious. She looks like any other pool-goer except she's ignoring the pool entirely. Instead, she's moving back and forth along the edge of the pool. At first, her movements might be easily mistaken for just unrestrained dancing, but a closer look sees that her right fist is clenched as though it's wrapped around something and her left forearm is persistently stiff despite the rest the movements of the rest of her left arm.

((Open))
Gemmalara

Re: Going Through The Motions

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri May 05, 2017 5:56 pm

Trev walked into the pool from the locker room, a pair of swim trunks on and a towel slung over his shoulder. He'd been making it a point to swim more often after seeing how poorly he swam on one of the last Danger Room training sessions. Not wanting to endure more "coaching" from Ms. Kinney, he figured practice on his own might help. Plus it was supposed to be a great workout, right? He hesitated as he saw a new girl...dancing? near the pool.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri May 05, 2017 6:06 pm

She looks like whatever she's doing is in earnest. She begins backing around the pool and it becomes more obvious that she's pantomiming fighting someone. She's taking it very seriously for a pantomime though. She's backing closer and closer to Trev, apparently oblivious to his presence.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri May 05, 2017 7:08 pm

Trev gawked in fascination--she was so beautiful--and remained motionless as he did so. Unfortunately he was so lost, he didn't notice that she was getting extremely close to him and he now had no real way around her without jumping around some of the pool furniture or jumping into the water.

He hesitated a moment longer before deciding to just jump into the water, but at that point she was probably close enough to actually hit him.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri May 05, 2017 7:21 pm

As he goes to jump into the pool, he bumps her left side and in a display of obvious superhuman reflexes, the young woman's left hand opens and she snatches his elbow, spinning him back and down into a pool chair as her right hand comes around to point at him. Briefly, a long blade made of rainbow light flickers into existence pointed at his throat. It vanishes quickly with a sizzling sound and a gasp of pain. Her right fist spasms open with a curl of steam. "Damn it. How did you sneak up on me?"
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri May 05, 2017 7:57 pm

Trev's eyes were as wide as dinner plates as his substantial bulk was ripped through the air, slammed into the pool chair, and he had a sword made of energy pointed at his neck.

"I am...so, SO, sorry!" he stammered as the sword went away and she questioned him. "I...uh...just...was wondering what you were doing and then all of a sudden you were here and about to run into me, but I didn't want to startle you so I. Uh. Just jumped in."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri May 05, 2017 8:02 pm

"You should not have been able to sneak up on me." She seems more angry with herself than Trev. "I am sorry. I'm sure you meant no harm."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri May 05, 2017 8:41 pm

"I didn't!" Trev replied, his voice cracking a bit, much to his chagrin. He was still pressed deeply into the chair, flinching.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri May 05, 2017 10:14 pm

She steps back from the chair, still obviously put out. "No, no. Of course you wouldn't. My training is obviously slipping."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri May 05, 2017 10:37 pm

"....training?" Trev asked sounded confused.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri May 05, 2017 10:50 pm

"I have trained for ages to get to where I am. I must set aside time to work harder." She certainly didn't *look* crazy.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon May 08, 2017 12:21 am

"Trained for what though?" he asked, confusion and curiosity finally taking the place of fear now that he wasn't at rainbow knifepoint.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon May 08, 2017 12:33 am

"I'm not certain a mortal would understand," she says, offering him a hand up.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon May 08, 2017 12:59 am

Trev accepted the hand up but tried to limit how much of his not inconsiderable weight he put on her.

"... Mortal?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon May 08, 2017 2:31 pm

To her credit, she didn't seem to particularly struggle. "Yes, mortal. If you were fey, I would know."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon May 08, 2017 4:47 pm

"Y-you're fey?"

Fey are real? Well. So are aliens. And werewolves. And...alright sure. Why not? That would explain the hotness. And probably the rainbow knife

"I...guess you're not just legends then?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon May 08, 2017 4:52 pm

"I am and no, not entirely." She sniffs, "Of course, some are legends in their own minds, but I'm prohibited from saying which ones. My name is Gemmalara, handmaiden to the Lady Vivienne."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon May 08, 2017 9:29 pm

"I'm Trev. It's ni..er...a...pleasure to meet you," he stammered a bit, clearly trying to act a bit more formal.

...as formal as a shirtless chubby guy in swim trunks can be, at least.

"So. What brings...well, two fey to a school for mutants?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon May 08, 2017 10:14 pm

"I would not presume to speak of the Lady Vivienne's business. If you want to know that you should ask her yourself. I am here because she is here and I have been assigned to her."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue May 09, 2017 12:47 am

"So you're like her...bodyguard?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue May 09, 2017 1:13 am

"That would certainly be a more fitting job, but it's only a minor portion of my assignment. I believe you'd understand it as personal assistant or maybe like a servant."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri May 12, 2017 1:35 am

"More fitting? Guessing you have some training as a...a warrior then?" he asked.

"And guessing that wasn't a dance I saw--was a kata?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri May 12, 2017 1:51 am

"I'm not familiar with the term. It was an exercise that my order repeats until it's second nature."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri May 12, 2017 3:41 am

"A form...a series of set movements and attacks in martial arts. Basically the same thing, I think. But...well with less rainbow swords."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri May 12, 2017 2:39 pm

"Yes, that's particular to my..." She frowns, looking at the hand that had been holding the sword. There's some red spots like mild sunburn that are slowly fading, "Well, it's not important now what it's from."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri May 12, 2017 6:57 pm

She's cute. Be spontaneous; ask her out. How many chances will you get to ask out a faerie?"

Trev tried hard to ignore his current train of thought.

"When I was little, I used to do karate...hand-to-hand combat training from our world. My school closed, but I always enjoyed it...sort of got to continue at Xaviers and even more here with the self-defense classes they have."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue May 16, 2017 3:49 pm

"You're looking to challenge me?" She raises an eyebrow.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Thu May 18, 2017 1:01 am

"Oh...no. I mean. Well. If you'd like that, we could..."

Dude. Go for it!

"Well...uh...yes. I challenge you," he grinned nervously.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu May 18, 2017 1:03 am

"It will give me no pleasure to defeat you, but your foolish words, not mine," she says, stepping back and gesturing for him to stand.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Thu May 18, 2017 1:10 am

The serious expression on her face gave him a moment's pause. "...just...uh...friendly sparring though."

He rose, drawing his body into a pose of attention before doing a fairly traditional karate bow.

"....right?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu May 18, 2017 1:14 am

"Agreed. No lasting injury," she says, moving into an unorthodox fighting stance.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Thu May 18, 2017 1:22 am

Trev looked relieved as he nervously stepped into a guard stance, awkwardly staring at the beautiful woman who was definitely about to kick his ass and making no immediate move to attack.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu May 18, 2017 1:31 am

Gemmalara waits for a moment, and when he's obviously not going to move, she does, stepping in to attempt to throw a shoulder straight to his chest.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Thu May 18, 2017 1:57 am

Trev sidesteps the shoulder relatively easily and brings a knee up towards her stomach, though he's a bit off balance.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu May 18, 2017 2:22 am

She plants a hand on his knee and flips over it, bringing her feet down to push off of him and spring through the air to get some distance.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon May 22, 2017 12:45 am

The shove sent the already off balance man flailing into the water with a surprised yelp cut short by clipping his head on the edge of the pool. He was stunned if not knocked out cold.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon May 22, 2017 1:16 am

"I suppose drowning counts as lasting injury," she says with a sigh, moving over to fish him out of the pool.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon May 22, 2017 2:24 am

There was a rapidly expanding cloud of red in the pool underneath Trev, though it looked as if it was simply a superficial wound that was bleeding a lot rather than anything grievous. Gemma would probably find Trev--all 250 pounds of him--rather difficult to pull from the water.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon May 22, 2017 1:46 pm

It's certainly not easy, but she manages to wrestle him out of the water. She lifts his head, inspecting the injury with a critical eye. She moves one of her hands over it, frowning when nothing happens. She makes a thoroughly displeased noise and concentrates, brow furrowing as she holds her hand over the wound. There's a sizzling sound, but the wound begins to knit itself closed even as small wisps of steam or smoke curl from her hand.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue May 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Trev's eyes squinted open after a moment. "...next time, let's do that in the Danger Room," he groaned, still unmoving.
Trev Anderson
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to Stuart Recreational Complex