Drinkies!

Located directly adjacent to the Rec Center is the Student Union building, housing a well-stocked bar and arcade, billiards and an open area with couches and coffee tables.

Drinkies!

Postby Diego Zapata » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Diego, still on an adrenaline rush, swaggered up to the bar and ordered a beer.

"Drinks on me!"

"... is what I would say if I had the cash!"

(open)
Diego Zapata

High Concept: Scruffy the Vampire Slayer
Aspect: Goofball
Aspect: Child of the Law
Aspect: Chisaki's Living Mannequin
Aspect: Webcomic Artist

A Mostly Victorious Party

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:46 pm

Gemma had cleaned up a bit, though there were still some obvious injuries as she sat at the bar, drinking a beer happily.
Gemmalara

Re: Drinkies!

Postby Diego Zapata » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:56 pm

"Oh! Hey!" he grinned at Gemma after taking a swig, "Thanks again for having my back. Literally even!"
Diego Zapata

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:57 pm

Sean also joined the other two revelers. He'd stopped in his shop to remove the melted ring, and re-bandage both of his hands. He ordered a hard drink and a beer to chase it.

"I'll cover this round," Sean said to sliding a card to the bartender to open a tab and cover Diego's and Gemmalara's drinks.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:01 pm

"Free drinks are the best drinks," Gemma says, raising her beer. "And I always have my fellow warriors' backs. It's what I do."
Gemmalara

Postby Diego Zapata » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Diego casually leaned his back against the bar and appreciatively raised his beer towards Sean before drinking. "You think I'm a warrior?"
Diego Zapata

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:17 pm

Sean returned the beer raise with his harder drink before shooting it and then chasing it with some beer. Sean didn't think he was in any place to question or validate Diego's qualifications as a warrior.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:19 pm

"You're no me, but you have some potential, I would say."
Gemmalara

Postby Diego Zapata » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:29 pm

"But I didn't really... do anything," he answered, though his tone indicated he wasn't entirely sure about that.
Diego Zapata

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:52 pm

"Heard plenty of fighting from where you were," Sean said leaning against the bar.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:11 pm

"You held your own and stood toe to toe with a vampire. You lived to tell about it. That's more than some could say. You should be proud."
Gemmalara

Postby Diego Zapata » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:59 am

He looked reluctant for a moment before saying, "That's the weird part. I don't, well, actually remember what I did after she threw me against the wall. It's just this... haze."
Diego Zapata

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:04 am

"What do you remember?" Sean asked.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:58 am

"A haze is nothing to be ashamed of. Happens to a lot of people their first time," she says, before sipping at her beer again.
Gemmalara

Postby Diego Zapata » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:01 am

"I broke from Gemma and went for the vampire, she threw me, I got angry... like, this weird righteous fury angry... then I was halfway across the room, the fighting was over, and everyone was facing down Wanda."
Diego Zapata

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:36 am

"Sounds like when people talk about seeing red," Sean said, "Unless there was something else that was weird?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:12 am

Trev hurried himself into the bar after a rather stressful evening running off the books mission support for the team that had spent the evening punching vampires. It wasn't exactly as demanding or risky or heroic as being there in the thick of things, but trying to keep tabs on the entire team, their vitals, and their comms across 7 or 8 monitors was still challenging, especially considering his training for the was mostly on the job with some tech assistance from Natalie. He'd ripped out his contacts and put on his glasses as soon as everyone was out of harm's way, but he'd apparently forgotten to take off his wireless headset.

He spotted Gemma and the others, and headed straight for them. "Great job tonight, guys," Trev grinned.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:15 am

Gemma lights up when she sees him, "I'm told you did a good job as well. Unfortunately, I couldn't hear you. I think my... comm was it... shorted out the moment I put it in."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:34 am

"Yeah. It did. It made some....impressive noise when it happened," Trev grimaced, tapping his ear and realizing there was still a headset attached.

"...guess I forgot to take this off, huh?"

“But you did awesome, unsurprisingly,” he added, taking the headset off and shoving it into his pocket.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:11 am

"It is... I believe the vernacular says... my 'default setting'?" She somehow manages to make it sound so absolutely ludicrous coming out of her mouth.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:14 am

Trev grinned, far too smitten to criticize the odd choice of words, “That’s for damn sure. Just wish I could have seen it in person. But a loudmouth isn’t very useful in a close up fight.”

“Do you need another drink?”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:39 pm

"Say, umm... did my vitals do anything unusual during the melee? Like, a spike in my heart rate?"

In fact, there was, accompanied by a temporary increase in body temperature.
Diego Zapata

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:32 am

Gemma nods to Trev as she drains her beer. She motions to the bartender and points at Trev.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:23 am

"Yeah, actually. Made a note to talk to you about it later," Trev replied to Diego, nodding at the bartender and getting out his credit card to start a tab, and motioning for the same beer for himself.

"Big jump in heart rate. Spike in body temperature," he added once he got his beer and passed one to Gemma. "I can have Natalie forward to your chart in the infirmary if you like."

He almost took a sip of his beer before pausing and smiling at Gemma, and raisinghis glass, "To the girl with a default setting of awesome,"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:49 pm

"I kinda had this major battle haze and I don't remember anything more than an angry feeling. Could be a feral thing I guess but it's bothering me."
Diego Zapata

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:53 am

Gemma raises her glass. “Yeah, I saw some sort of flame in your direction, but there was a lot of flame being employed so I might have been seeing things.”
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:22 am

"Could try to get it to happen again," Sean said, "Just have to find another vampire hive..."

Sean paused for a moment.

"Or maybe the danger room would work?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:06 am

"I'd be down to help recreate anything. I'm getting pretty decent at programming the DR."

To make live action D&D games...

"Power development is cool. I'm super close to getting the whole flying thing down. I think."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 pm

"The Danger Room might work, assuming knowing it isn't real doesn't prevent it. Knock yourselves out trying to trigger... well whatever it is."
Diego Zapata

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:37 pm

"Next time there's something dangerous and supernatural I'll be sure to let you know," Sean smiled slightly before ordering another drink.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:01 pm

“The supernatural is always dangerous,” Gemma comments. “Treating it like it is not is a good way to lose something.”
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:58 pm

"Perhaps a new part section for the school safety manual. Start it with how to avoid entering into contracts with extradimensional entities," Sean said, "Though it'd have to be unofficial due to the Headmistress' stance on all things magical."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:42 pm

“Should I take that as a warning about asking you out to dinner again?” Trev joked to Gemma, smirking nervously.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:47 pm

"I already warned you about that on our first date, but I'd be amenable to a second."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:50 pm

Trev relaxed almost visibly, a bit of a dopey grin spreading across his face, “Suppose you did. I’ll find a good time for both of us, then.”

Trev wasn’t very good at this.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:19 am

"Question: What do Fey warriors do for a good time when not kicking ass?"
Diego Zapata

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:22 am

"Seduce foolish mortals to their doom and everlasting sorrow," she says with an absolutely straight face.
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:27 am

"Books written by many mages agree on that at least," Sean said covering up his smirk by drinking his beer.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:22 am

Gemma's remark caught Trev mid-drink, and he choked and sputtered in surprise. Hopefully it was a joke.

Hopefully.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Gemma grins at Trev's reaction. "Yes, did I forget the eternal torment? Did the mages' books mention that?"
Gemmalara

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to XUB - Xavier Student Union Building