A Magical Drink

Located directly adjacent to the Rec Center is the Student Union building, housing a well-stocked bar and arcade, billiards and an open area with couches and coffee tables.

A Magical Drink

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:46 pm

As they enter the XUB, Gemma responds to Sean, "I find it... nice enough. There are some good things about it. It's a complicated one, but I come from a complicated world, so it's just a different set of complexities." She stops at the door to the bar, eyeing the handle and the small window in the door.
Gemmalara

Re: A Magical Drink

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:09 pm

"And here I thought things on campus were fairly simple all things considered," Sean said watching Gemma eye up the door.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:18 pm

The lock on the door looks plenty sturdy, but Gemma's in a bad mood. She kicks, landing a foot right next to the latch and pushing the door open. If the electronics in the area were functioning properly, that probably set off an alarm in the Point, but there's no visible response in the bar. "After you," she says, gesturing towards the now open door.
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:27 pm

Sean smiled and gave a little bow before walking into the now open door and heading towards the bar itself.

"Can't imagine you're on our campus to learn about the complexities of the human world," Sean said as he moved to get behind the bar and find drinks.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:33 pm

"Maidservant to the interim Lady of the Lake, at least that's my 'official' assignment," she says, dropping onto one of the stools at the bar.
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:39 pm

"And unofficially?" Sean asked grabbing a couple glasses from a stack beneath the bar and one of the nicer bottles of whiskey from the wall behind the bar. He pours a generous portion in both glasses before placing one in front of Gemma.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:49 pm

"Let us say that I'm... a right hand of sorts unless I need to be a left hand. Ambidextrous." She takes a sip of the whiskey.
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:10 pm

"The summer sun can bring drought or life, aye?" Sean asked before drinking some of the whiskey he'd poured. He relaxed visibly after the first drink.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:12 pm

"All depends on how hard the sun decides to glare," she says, flexing the fingers of the hand that isn't holding the glass.
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:30 pm

Sean watched Gemma as he took another drink.

"Probably be'd best if the Sun didn't glare too hard," Sean said, "Means we can enjoy a drink and I don't need to worry about sunblock or turning into a real redcoat."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:34 pm

Gemma laughs, "I'm all for finding enjoyment after that ordeal."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:36 pm

"What does the summer Fae do for fun then?" Sean asked pouring himself more whiskey and gesturing the bottle towards Gemma.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:38 pm

Gemma slides her glass over, "Beat things up, walk in the woods. At some point I probably should go see what's happened to my..." She snaps her fingers as her mind searches for the word.
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:17 pm

Sean pours Gemma another drink while she figures out what sheshe trying to say.

"Is it a person, place or thing?" Sean asked.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:42 pm

"A person," she says, smiling. "Trev... I'm not familiar with the term."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:09 am

"A romantic partner? Boyfriend," Sean said drinking more whiskey. "I do wonder if everybody ended up caught up in... whatever that was. Reminded me of a danger room simulation."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:06 am

“Boyfriend. That’s the word. Such a strange word. There certainly were a lot of people there.”
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:34 pm

"English is an odd language," Sean said drinking more. "Yeah, it seemed like there were plenty of people caught in the plot. I'm not sure I really understand what the point of it all was. Suppose super villains don't really need a point though either."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:11 pm

"Seemed like the sort of grudge play someone back home would do. Maybe she had something against someone there."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:50 pm

"Maybe," Sean said thinking. "I'm sure the X-Men will interrogate the giant shark and floating girl before sending them to some dark hole or wherever it is they lock up super villains."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Gemma sips at her whiskey and looks thoughtful, "Kinder than the Grey Lords would have been. Possibly even kinder than my people would have been."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:10 pm

"Kinder than I was," Sean said before sipping his whiskey. "Suppose that means I agree with your Grey Lords and people to some extent."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:16 pm

"I'd be... careful about agreeing with the Grey Lords. They're... a... unique lot." It's not hard for Sean to sense the magical bindings around Gemma straining a little at the words.
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:32 pm

"Unique," Sean said considering the word. "Are they who put that binding on you?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:39 pm

They say a silence can speak volumes and this one does as Gemma looks him in the eye, drains her glass, and pushes it across for a refill.
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Sean fills the empty glass and tops off his own before sliding Gemma's glass back over to her.

"So, a council of despots," Sean said before taking another sip of his glass. "What would happen if somebody tampered with it?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:47 pm

"A tendency to galvanize. They tend to evict people who do that..."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:54 pm

"So the Grey Council controls the Fae courts," Sean said, "And exiles people who don't follow their rules. Why would you want to go back?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:55 pm

"Because not everyone is like that. And some people need defending when they can't take care of themselves."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:15 pm

"Honorable, defending the defenceless. Why not break the bindings and get rid of the Grey Lords?" Sean asked idly before drinking a bit more.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:19 pm

"We fey are creatures of our word, prone to our own interpretations of that word, certainly, but creatures of our word all the same. My... limitations... are something I agreed to."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:23 pm

"Humans are a rather unpredictable lot by comparison," Sean smiled. "Why'd you agree to the terms?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:29 pm

"Because some good things are worth doing, in spite of the temporary... or possibly permanent in my case... cost."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:35 pm

Sean drank some more as he mulled what Gemma said.

"You're... quite something," Sean said, "Not many would sacrifice that much."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:41 pm

"I'm nothing special. Just a warrior tired of seeing the wrong people suffer."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:13 pm

"Here it might feel that you aren't special after all this is where heroes train," Sean said gesturing around them... at the empty bar. "Well... maybe not here."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:21 pm

"Oh, being able to do this competently requires a certain amount of training," she says with a smirk.
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:23 pm

"The kind of training I get behind," Sean said. "Far better than nearly blowing up my workshop every few days."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:15 pm

"You magi and your blowing things up," she says with a chuckle.
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:49 pm

"Second only to tampering with things best left not tampered with," Sean chuckled. "And only slightly ahead of summoning things that inevitably go on rampages."
Sean Hall
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to XUB - Xavier Student Union Building