A Magical Drink

Located directly adjacent to the Rec Center is the Student Union building, housing a well-stocked bar and arcade, billiards and an open area with couches and coffee tables.

Re: A Magical Drink

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:52 pm

"Yeah, I saw the thing at the vampire house," she comments. "Impressive, but dangerous."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:24 pm

"It did it's job... with only a small amount of rampaging," Sean said before sipping his drink. "Was more impressed seeing you and the other stand toe-to-toe with vampires. I generally have to back up rather quickly when it comes to that."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:53 pm

"I'm hardier than the average human and I had command of enough of my magic to defend myself, but the others were pretty impressive."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:58 pm

"Well, one is the Morrigan," Sean smiled. "Hardly be fitting for a goddess to not be impressive, but then again I haven't met many."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:59 pm

"She certainly lives up to her reputation in some ways," Gemma says ambiguously.
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:08 pm

"Oh?" Sean asked.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:21 pm

"She has a certain... affinity for war. This one's a bit more kind-hearted than I would have imagined, but obviously even that has its limits."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:50 pm

"Being a mutant and a telepath might have something to do with that," Sean mused.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:53 pm

"Whatever other labels she has, she's still the Morrigan, at least in my estimation. She's the Battle-Crow and the one I'll see when I breathe my last after falling in battle. She's nothing to be afraid of, unless you plan on crossing her."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:12 pm

"I do hope you plan to share." Vivienne spoke as she carefully stepped around the slightly crooked door and into the XUB.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Sean pulled a third glass out from behind the bar and filled it for Vivienne.

"If you believe the stories mages are often crossing people," Sean said before looking at Vivienne. "All are welcome to share in the spoils of course."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:01 pm

"We've been discussing the insufficiency of mages and the glory of the Morrigan..." Gemma says, eyeing her own glass, "And how good of a hobby drinking is."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:17 am

"Ah, I see. All very fascinating topics." She reached over to the bottle once Sean had filled her glass. She gave the contents a quick glance before picking up her glass.

"To the spoils for the victors."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:45 pm

"Cheers," Sean smiled raising his glass before finishing it off and filling his glass again. The soreness and pain from the simulation/battle was now quite easy to ignore. "More the folly than the insufficiency, but suppose they aren't so different. Ah, and some about Fae politics."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:00 pm

"A throny topic. I have read some of the tales. The more recent works are the least accurate. Your short lives make for short memories regardless for your propensity for writing everything down."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:02 pm

"Long memories are not necessarily any better, looking at the same topic," Gemma says, taking another sip of her drink.
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:50 am

"True, but having the reason for caution forgotten is still very dangerous." She downs her drink.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:11 am

Sean gestures with the bottle towards Vivienne seeing if she wants another glass.

"Magic is very rare, so there aren't many practitioners around to advise caution," Sean said, "Just old books and feelings."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:16 am

"Then consider yourself advised. The old words are true, there is always a price." She let Sean fill her glass.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:39 pm

"And the price isn't always properly advertised. Loopholes and fine print abound."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:43 pm

"Only not physically and never explained," Sean mused before sipping his drink. "Feels like we're all fumbling around in the dark without a torch."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:36 pm

"Shining light on things is always a risk. Sometimes they melt away into nothingness, sometimes the light reveals things that are better off remaining hidden. It's one of the reasons you mages are so problematic, shining light on everything you possibly can without regard."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:27 pm

"No time for caution or patience when your life is measured in decades, or sometimes a century or two, rather than several millenia," Sean said sipping his drink. "Means we mortals tend to think in the short-term. Trying to do as much as we can."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:15 am

"Perhaps, yet you no longer have that excuse." She finished her drink and stood to look over the other bottles and chooses something clear with apples on the label.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:54 am

"The excuse of mortality?" Sean asked with a slight smile as he grabbed a fresh bottle of whiskey off the shelves behind the bar.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:18 am

"Wise magic users have been known to out live non users, but no, ignorance. Knowledge is power, but be careful where you shine your light."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:43 pm

"Once you've learned something, it takes exceptional circumstances to unlearn it."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:50 pm

"'I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of knowledge being forbidden," Sean said pouring himself another drink. "Sounds like something from when the Catholics maintained the Index Librorum Prohibitorum."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:26 pm

"Not forbidden, but humans have such a bad habit of doing a thing simply because they can, regardless of consequence, that certain things must me kept out of reach until such a time as a seeker has proven themselves trustworthy." Vivienne filled her glass as well.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:40 pm

"Making something forbidden gives it a certain irresistible allure," Sean said, "And some mages argued how making something forbidden is just a means of shackling us."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:43 pm

Gemma studies her glass for a moment, "Do you believe in the soul, magus?"
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:00 pm

"I've seen too much to believe otherwise," Sean said before sipping his drink.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:04 pm

"Some of these things, some knowledge, can cost you that soul. And it's not one of those things you easily get back. And you may not even realize you're giving it away. That's how dangerous some knowledge is."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:26 pm

"The soul, the mind, the first born son for the next five generations...the sun." She sipped her drink.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:32 pm

Sean considered his drink for a moment.

"It will be interesting to learn how high the fees have gotten since I've been using magic since I could walk and reading old tomes since I was able to get them," Sean said before sipping his drink. "But... the sun? Either quite the spell or poor bargaining on the part of that magus."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:39 am

"That is what the vampires were attempting to do with Wanda. The freedom they offered her, the price was the sun."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:29 pm

"Not a particularly good bargain," Sean said, "No doubt quite a bit of coercion was involved though given her wicked witch of the west impersonation."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:32 pm

"Powers of the mind are not uncommon among vampires. I wouldn't be surprised to find they had applied some of those to her."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:20 pm

"They also had her lover, turned her and used her to draw Wanda in." The liquid in Vivienne's glass swirled.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:16 pm

"Vampires and doomsdays. Wanda is of great interest to the world then, aye?" Sean asked genuinely curious.
Sean Hall
Student

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to XUB - Xavier Student Union Building