Letters from Home (OPEN)

Located directly adjacent to the Rec Center is the Student Union building, housing a well-stocked bar and arcade, billiards and an open area with couches and coffee tables.

Letters from Home (OPEN)

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:28 am

Dark brown eyes stared at the letter. It was crinkled from being read over and over despite it being remembered forever in her head the first time. A strange mix of sadness and disgust came up in the young woman's face as the letter crumpled up in her palm until it was a ball. Throwing it away in a small trash can before sitting back where she had been. Why must her parents worry and fear that she was following a sinful past. Then again why couldn't her sisters see past praying for a husband rather then dating. Sighing as she took a sip of her beverage once again after exactly a seventy seconds stop from when she last took a sip. Shaking her head in concentration
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Re: Letters from Home (OPEN)

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:45 pm

"Bad news?" the young woman sitting at a nearby table takes a wild guess as she looks over to Stephanie. She closes the book she's been reading and places it on the table next to her wine glass.
Miriam Bell
Student

High Concept: Sorrowful Telepath
Aspect: Powerful Enemies
Aspect: Structural Shadow

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:17 pm

"Yes.." She said as the pretty woman brushed a curly black strand out of her view. Looking over at the woman who had asked if it was bad news. Normally she would be quiet and not try talking back but the subject was eating away at her. "Do you think all a girl should do is pray for a husband and serve him and the kids only? Or have ambitions?" Steph's asked Miram in her usual Midwest American accent.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:23 pm

Miriam almost looks amused for a moment until she realizes that Stephanie is at least somewhat serious. "Far be it from me to tell people what they should do, but if somebody tries to tell you the former I believe the correct response would be to knee them in the groin. Or possibly slap their face but let's be honest, nine times out of ten garbage like that is coming out of a guy's mouth."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:41 pm

"Mmm don't believe my parents and seven siblings would agree with you" Taking another sip of her drink. Taking every little detail in of each moment passing. The look of this girl talking to her all the way down to the taste of her drink would all be saved in memory. "You see my parents are conservative Religiouse people... Who I think are crippling my sisters of the world by brainwashing" Looking into the ladies eyes being alfully seriouse in tone. Running a tan hand through her curly hair. "I wish they could be saved" she said dryly and honestly. Shrugging her slender shoulders. "I'm Stephanie Kishi by the way."
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:50 pm

"Nice to meet you, Stephanie. I'm Miriam." she says, gesturing at one of the chairs at her table as an open invitation for Stephanie to join her. "Sorry to hear about your family situation. I gather the problem's mostly that your sisters don't want to be saved?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:05 pm

"Jewish?" She asked curiously before getting her drink and sitting at a chair at Mariam's table."Sorry to ask it's just your name is is a ancient Hebrew word for Mary which has also been used as a English Christian name sense the Protestestant Reformation" Blurting it out. Guessing she was boreing the girl with the small fraction of things she knew about the one word. Nodding her head as her brown eyes looked at Mirams. "Yes and it's not like they would want to be the black sheep like I was.." She said thinking about her younger sisters. Lost hope of ever getting through to her older one.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:30 pm

"Close. My mum is protestant and I have the sneaking suspicion she gave me an 'innocent' out of guilt over her... choice of profession." she says, taking a sip of her wine before dropping the topic of her own family. "I like you, you put more thought into things than most people. That's probably why you're the black sheep of the family, huh?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:11 pm

"I'm former conservative Religouse... Currently I am unknown. So many faiths currently and in that past that at least one has to be right in their own way" Taking a sip of her beverage as her mind raised with that thought. "Or as a species we simply want a high reason and answers to the unknown that it manifest as a diety" Fixing her button up white shirt so it was tucked like it always was into her jeans. Mariam managed to get a odd chuckle out of Steph. Not very common that she laughed. "No. Because I'm my rejections of their brainwashing and outsmarting them. I'm more of a figure out why instead of following the same things type of gal. Plus my immense intelligence and never forgetting memory I believed intimidated my father" Dark brown eyes glance over at her book. She had already read it and was neutral about it. "Do you like that book?" Stephanie asked before saying the exact title,date published, and author of the book without opening her eyes before taking another sip.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:36 pm

"Critique of Pure Reason? It's interesting mostly in a historical context, though I suspect Kant would have loved the idea of a telepath like me. I wonder how that would have changed his ideas if the unknowable ego suddenly had suddenly become something to experience as a thing in and of itself."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:46 pm

" A telepath? How intriguing of a mutation. Could you try to read my thoughts?" She requested plainly. Assuming that her brains multiple thoughts that were going by in her head fast would be a bit confusing. Peaking her curiosity as the gal mentioned Kant from the book. "What makes you think that?" She asked while her brain worked out of multiple reasons why while the question was more for Mirams personal answer.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:02 pm

"If something needs to be experienced to be known then being able to experience somebody's mind makes the transcendental ego knowable. It raises the question of whether there is any difference to the empirical ego at all. Or maybe it just means I'm above most people." she chuckles. "And yes, I could probably read your thoughts if I wanted to." she adds as a smartass response as her mind brushes up against Stephanie's. A surprised look comes over her face almost immediately. "Impressive. That's your mutation, isn't it?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:12 pm

"Constantly thinking and learning rapidly? Or was it my brains constant storage of memory that caught your attention?" Steph managed to smirk as he saw the impressed look on Mirams face. Nodding her head to motion yes as the beverage slide down you lips into her mouth. "Yes Miram my mutation is a in brain or should I say..." Repeating her exact words but in Hebrew as a example from earlier.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:17 pm

"Memories are a deeper brain function that takes a little more effort to access. And yes, I'm impressed. If you knew how you might even be able to keep me out of your head." she smirks back. "What other languages do you speak?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:32 pm

"How would you suggest i that? Knowlege is a thirst like my drink is" Steph managed to smile as her curiosity was now wanting to learn and remember how do what Mariam had suggested. Smiling once again as she was asked how many language. "English and some of the various accents. French, German, Italian, Spanish. Pretty much any language I wish with a hour or two of studying it or seeing exhamples"
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:37 pm

"It's about certain thought patterns, meditation of sorts, that helps you shut out people who aren't familiar with those patterns. It's akin to constructing a labyrinth in your mind but with abstract thoughts."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:51 pm

But Labyrinths are simple. All you have to do is memermize each turn and then you can narrow it dowm" Steph says as she tries to work her multiple thought processes on spariodic random concepts such as all the meanings of beauty and mixed with facts about the ocean intwined with languages and their roots. Figuring jf she kept her multiple thought processes going on a different subjects at there high speed then maybe it would make her thoughts too confusing for Meriam to desypher.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:08 pm

"That's assuming the labyrinth stays the same. But yes, given enough time most can probably be solved anyway. I should know, I'm particularly good at doing it. You have the right idea but it's just like several voices talking over each other. All I have to do is ignore all but one and go through them until I find what I'm looking for. It takes a lot of discipline and training for a non-telepaths to truly block off their mind."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:20 pm

"Well suppose I have something to practice in my free time." She said finishing up her beverage before setting it on the table. "Have you seen any super intelligent guys around campus?" She asked curious if she has missed one during her searches. Every once in a while.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:22 pm

"There's at least three who are taking the advanced engineering course from what I heard. The downside is that they're engineering students."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:30 pm

"Whats the downsides of that exactly?" She asked as her brain tried working out possible downsides. Smiling a little as her hands crossed her chest. "Is it bad that I have yet decided why I'm truly going to this university?" She asked seriouse as the thought of unsureness of her future concerned her. "A life being told of a narrow path and suddenly the world is big..."
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:33 pm

"Hey, if dorky guys with low social-skills is what you're into, then more power to you."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:40 pm

"No that dosent sound good. Perhaps talking to them just to get a little humore from their akwardness due to me being what my mother would call a Eve temptress or whatever" Steph smiles with a laugh
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:50 pm

"If you ask me that's a compliment. An allegory for the spiritual and intellectual awakening of mankind."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:55 pm

"If you ask me she is calling my a slut because I complimented one guys shoes in high school" laughing lightly
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:05 pm

"Your family sounds amazingly awful. And that's coming from someone who doesn't know her father because her mother is literally a whore." she chuckles, shaking her head.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:20 pm

"Everyone has a bad story here and there" The young woman shrugged her shoulders. "So what are doing at the college? Like what for"
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:04 pm

"Taking Psychology courses and getting my own shit together, mostly."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:36 am

"Sounds fun. I think I will dabble with some research of some sort in the labs" shrugging her shoulders
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:05 am

"I suppose with your power you can just go back and forth between specialties. Pretty sweet deal."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:11 am

"But sigh are a so many options and careers" She sighed brushing a curl out of view
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:56 pm

"Just get more than one degree. With your power you'll probably be able to pull that off no problem."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:07 pm

"Get a million degrees before im thirty" she laughed.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:12 pm

"Hey, why not. What better way to find out what you want to do than to try it all."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:39 pm

"Maybe I can try psychology" she said smiling remembeting its what Meriam said she was doing. More of a joke
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:51 pm

"I suppose if you're going to show up everybody else academically it"d only be fair if you showed me up as well." she chuckles.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:22 pm

Stephanie smiled with a laugh. "Its not like I mean to... but its hard to keep my brain at peoples level sometimes."
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:24 pm

"By all means, don't feel like you should hold back. We all have our gifts and if we all adhered to the lowest common denominator we'd never use them."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:37 pm

Mariams words made the young woman smile. "Thank you very much for that. I will try to show my full potential"
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:40 pm

"You're welcome. Don't belittle yourself just because it might hurt somebody's feelings." she smiles.
Miriam Bell
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to XUB - Xavier Student Union Building