Feb. 14th: Hogwarts Hobnob

Located directly adjacent to the Rec Center is the Student Union building, housing a well-stocked bar and arcade, billiards and an open area with couches and coffee tables.

Re: Feb. 14th: Hogwarts Hobnob

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:48 am

Colette gave Basil a confused look, tilting her head and knitting her brow when he grabbed her by the shoulders. She had no idea what had brought about this sudden and extreme revelation to him or prompted his vast confession, but as it went on her expression softened more and more. Her face flushed red, her mouth hung upon in stunned disbelief. And when he used the L word, well, that's when the water works started. Tears welled up in her eyes as she softly sniffled.

"Oh, Baseeeeeel" she softly whined before she threw her arms around him and pulled herself into his taller frame, shoving her lips against his own.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

High Concept: Dreamer Despite the Odds
Aspect: Density Is Not a Formality
Aspect: Everything is Sexier In France
Aspect: Beware the Cute Ones
Aspect: Hair of Goo, Heart of Gold

Postby Ian Quessaire » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:22 am

Will Stanton wrote:Will was next up, headed for the tea reader, as the house-elf awkwardly clambered onto the chair.

"So, this looks pretty neat. How does it work?"

Ian was taken aback by Dobby's appearance, looking over to his sister for a moment. Why did he have all the luck? He took a pinch of green tea and dropped it into a new cup, pouring some hot water into it as he explained how it all worked.

"The loose leave form patterns and shapes against the cup after the tea is gone. By interpreting those shapes and where they are in the cup, I am able to predict your future. That is, if you take this seriously, and concentrate on the future you want to have - or on asking the leaves to read true." He traces a fingertip along the rim of the cup as he explained things.

"So, think you're up to the task?"
Ian Quessaire

Postby Will Stanton » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:34 am

"I mean, it doesn't seem particularly difficult, at least on my end. Is there a trick to it?"
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Samantha McManus » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:38 pm

"Reality kind of turned pear-shaped for awhile," she says to Natalie.

"We had about five assorted headmistresses and headmasters, and a bunch of people from other versions of the school. Then some jerk tried to blow everything up."

"But we found Will's family surprisingly enough. Robin here is his daughter."
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:47 pm

Colette Rosenhof wrote:"Oh, Baseeeeeel" she softly whined before she threw her arms around him and pulled herself into his taller frame, shoving her lips against his own.

Basil wasn't expecting that, but he accepted it like a champ. Upon reciprocation of the kiss, Basil became visible to everyone in the bar and that subtle psychic muzak from karaoke night made it's return for the telepaths present.

Easy enough to ignore, but obvious when feeling for it.

Unaware, Basil went deeper with it. He wrapped his arms up under her bottom to coax her legs around him as by now he'd learned if he didn't support her weight, she'd just slide off him like so much runny egg. As he kept up the kissing, he backed up with her into the closest high top chair available.

Normally, Basil would make some vain attempt at modesty and have cut things off by now. But today he felt no reason to, as if anything akin to shame was just gone inexplicably. He wasn't entirely out of his wits however, and after a few more moments of kissing, he pulled away and leant his forehead into hers.

"Your mouth tastes like Patrón... how many have you had?"
Basil Benson
Student

High Concept: Unwitting Heir to a Secret Legacy
Aspect: More Money Than Sense
Aspect: Ward of Unwanted Protectors
Aspect: Inconsistently Invisible
Aspect: Weirdness Magnet
Aspect: Covert Pervert

Postby Natalie Denisov » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:01 pm

Samantha McManus wrote:"Reality kind of turned pear-shaped for awhile," she says to Natalie.

"We had about five assorted headmistresses and headmasters, and a bunch of people from other versions of the school. Then some jerk tried to blow everything up."

"But we found Will's family surprisingly enough. Robin here is his daughter."

"That sounds like a lot," Natalie says, smiling a greeting at Robin. "Sort of glad I missed it though. Not sure I could take more than one of the Headmistress."
Natalie Denisov
Student

High Concept: Ghost In The Machine
Aspect: More Comfortable With Things
Aspect: Quad-Core Mind
Aspect: Lighthouse Keeper
Aspect: Sufficiently Advanced Technology

Postby Ian Quessaire » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:03 pm

Will Stanton wrote:"I mean, it doesn't seem particularly difficult, at least on my end. Is there a trick to it?"

Ian shook his head with a grin, showing off those white teeth. "No trick, at least no sinister ones. You don't even have to drink the tea if you don't want to, though you look like you could use some." He slid the cup and saucer toward his patron. "When you're almost finished, swirl the last of the tea around in the cup, counterclockwise... you may want to use both hands for this. Then, slowly turn it upside down and place it on the saucer." He spoke the shapeshifter through the steps at the appropriate times, this time asking them to turn the cup counterclockwise three times while it was face down, and give the bottom of the cup three small taps. When they were done, he'd take a look at the pattern that had been made.
Ian Quessaire

Postby Will Stanton » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:07 pm

Will followed along with the steps, only making a slight face at the bitter tea. He carefully used both hands to flip the cup, tapping it three times.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:41 pm

Basil Benson wrote:Basil wasn't expecting that, but he accepted it like a champ. Upon reciprocation of the kiss, Basil became visible to everyone in the bar and that subtle psychic muzak from karaoke night made it's return for the telepaths present.

Easy enough to ignore, but obvious when feeling for it.

Unaware, Basil went deeper with it. He wrapped his arms up under her bottom to coax her legs around him as by now he'd learned if he didn't support her weight, she'd just slide off him like so much runny egg. As he kept up the kissing, he backed up with her into the closest high top chair available.

Normally, Basil would make some vain attempt at modesty and have cut things off by now. But today he felt no reason to, as if anything akin to shame was just gone inexplicably. He wasn't entirely out of his wits however, and after a few more moments of kissing, he pulled away and leant his forehead into hers.

"Your mouth tastes like Patrón... how many have you had?"

Colette kissed Basil as passionately as she had during their picnic, forgetting her surrounding and just absorbing herself in the man she loved. She had doubted her feelings, thinking herself just infatuated, or not knowing how she felt because she was so inexperienced. But hearing his confessions and understanding so much how he felt, identifying with it. With those worries being cast aside she was able to focus on the now, and the now was the taste of Basil's mouth and the feeling of his warm form against hers. With her tush upon the seat she wrapped her legs around him in a rather brazen display of public affection.

"Ehm, not TOO much..." Oh that was a lot. That blonde has been liquoring her up. "Zey were not all alcoholic. At least not at first."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:27 pm

"Uh huh." Basil replied, clearly amused by his tone and goofy expression.

"You're green right now. I think you've had more than you're admitting to."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Ian Quessaire » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:29 pm

Will Stanton wrote:Will followed along with the steps, only making a slight face at the bitter tea. He carefully used both hands to flip the cup, tapping it three times.

"Very good. You're a natural at this." Ian flipped the cup over and held it in both hands, looking it over carefully and examining it at all angles. There was a look of confusion on his face.

"This... is very strange." The man set the cup down and began pointing at the set leaves that looked like, well, clumps of wet leaves. "Normally there is a steady progressions, the present leading into the near future, and then the distant future. But this..." He points to a line of leaves traveling from the base of the cup all the way up to the rim like a flowing river. "... suggests that the distant future is influencing the present." His finger moved only slightly to a nearby shape. "This arm is outstretched, indicating that a new influence has or will come into your life, and they will be an source of joy and love. The clock is a sign that you desire to hurry over the present and arrive at a time you're looking forward to." His finger moved along the rim, right by the handle of the cup. "The bassoon and a giraffe; you are apt to cause mischief through blundering or misspeaking, and you possess energy that often exceeds your wit."

His finger traveled deeper into the cup. "Horns indicate that you have a powerful enemy, or at least someone who has feelings of animosity toward you. But... the thumb here suggests that there will come a time when you'll prove yourself superior to those who hitherto somewhat despised you. The corks suggest that you have the power to adapt yourself to your company, making you useful in awkward situations. And the squirrel is nearby - contentment and cheerfulness. You may not become rich but you will be loved by those around you and will lead a happy life."

Ian's finger was drawn to the bottom of the cup and two symbols in particular. "A bird feeding it's young, and a bow. This tells that with patient waiting, your desires will be fulfilled and of reunion of those who are absent or estranged from you. Their close proximity to each other suggests that these two are linked, the clock confirms the former at least." He gently placed the cup back on the saucer and smiled.

"So, eat, drink and be merry. You will find strength and happiness through your friends and lovers, and you will bring the same to them. Worry not, for you will persevere through the hard times, together."
Ian Quessaire

Postby Will Stanton » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:45 pm

"Wow, that was pretty spot on. You're pretty good at this."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:45 pm

"Zen zat just means zat you have some catching up to do." Colette teased. The glasses-wearing Slytherin in the background nodded in agreement.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Ian Quessaire » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:49 pm

Will Stanton wrote:"Wow, that was pretty spot on. You're pretty good at this."

Ian's smile grew wider, not quite a cheshire grin but not far removed. "Well I would certainly hope so, otherwise I'm out of work, no?"

The reinforcement of the idea that everything would work out, after all Will had seen their future for themselves, would give the "client" a sudden sense of relief; like a great weight had been lifted from them. It really was a time to make merry.
Ian Quessaire

Postby Will Stanton » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:04 pm

"Then I'll let someone else take use of your services. Bye now!" Will smiled, hopping down.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:30 pm

Null wrote:"No 'it's a culture, not a costume' quips from our resident wizard?" the boy said, coming over to talk to Sean.

Sean chuckled.

"Muggles can't even get the robes right," Sean said with mock frustration. "Not sure what wizard culture would be. Other than tampering with things best not tampered with."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:56 pm

"Soooo what's your logic there? I refuse to bed you when you're drunk, so you're just going to get me drunk and have your way with me?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:44 am

Colette mussed up Basil's hair a bit. "I am not drunk, zis is just my accent. YOU are ze one confessing all of your deepest feelings." She gave him another little peck to offset her teasing. "Which I am still overwhelmed by."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:17 am

"Sorry... I'm not sure what's gotten into me. Not booze."

"Fine." He replied, feigning irritation in a louder tone. "One drink. But that's it.

And you'd better slow down if you're intending to dine with me again later."
Last edited by Basil Benson on Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:31 am

"I'm not complaining." Colette clarified before nodding her head in agreement. "Alright, just ze one from ze punch bowl from now on. I promise."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:51 am

"You and Jezabelle can pick me something out then, since you're so keen on it."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Null » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:13 pm

Sean Hall wrote:
Null wrote:"No 'it's a culture, not a costume' quips from our resident wizard?" the boy said, coming over to talk to Sean.

Sean chuckled.

"Muggles can't even get the robes right," Sean said with mock frustration. "Not sure what wizard culture would be. Other than tampering with things best not tampered with."

"I don't suppose there's protocol for something like this; going all The Great and Terrible on people and turning them into newts or something for their audacity, is there? Some secret plot at the annual wizards meetup and cookout?"
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Null wrote:"I don't suppose there's protocol for something like this; going all The Great and Terrible on people and turning them into newts or something for their audacity, is there? Some secret plot at the annual wizards meetup and cookout?"

"I was thinking ferrets myself, but newts would work," Sean smiled. "I'm sure the Sorcerer Supreme hosts a tea time or cocktail party or something where they decide muggle policy and whether we should erase the memories of those who find out magic is real."

Sean paused to drink some punch.

"But magic isn't really a secret far as I know otherwise I've been unknowingly breaking some kind of important wizard law repeatedly and the whole campus is doomed. I think instead there's just an assumption that people don't really believe in magic and think anybody who really believes in it is a bit bent."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:46 am

Basil Benson wrote:"You and Jezabelle can pick me something out then, since you're so keen on it."

"Oh Gosh, I'm getting pulled into this? Lucky me." The Slytherin grinned but remained where she was, only for another to bring Basil some sort of sweet and sparkly drink in a champagne flute.

"Felix Felicis. Just one of our special house drinks tonight. I'm more fond of the Amorentia myself, but I haven't tried 'em all yet."
Two's company, she's a...
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

High Concept: Soapbox Sadie with a Secret
Aspect: Painfully Situational Sociability
Aspect: Good is Not Soft
Aspect: Master Multitasker
Aspect: Gamer Chick
Aspect: Tumblr

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:57 am

"Thank you. I suppose not seeing the grim in my cup is a cause for celebration." Basil tipped his glass to her and started his drink.

"Speaking of that, how's Katarina going? Chisaki tells us she was buying clothes for a big date with you."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:16 am

Jez was taking great delight in a little nerding out, it was like a mini convention going on. "I figured you're prefer something fruity and bubbly, it seems like your taste." A crack at Colette perhaps? Maybe, but good-natured teasing - she hadn't mentioned jello shots after all.

"It's... going! I mean I wouldn't call us a "we" or anything, we've only gone out a couple of times so we're seeing how things feel and work and all that. But... I'm startin' to think maybe there's no harm in being a little more risky." Yeah, someone else had gotten into the booze it seemed.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:29 am

"Go for it, whatever risky is to you.

Worst she can say is no. Once you get over the concept of being rejected, it gets a lot easier. Being told no that is. Eventually if you risk it with enough people, one of them going to be keen on the idea."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:46 pm

"Is that how it was between you and Colette?" She asked, the pink girl having strayed toward the snack table. She made the things, she had every right to have some.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:45 pm

"Wow, I feel like you're trying to get me into trouble." He laughed.

"I suppose you could say it was. Only she did the asking first, in her own way.

Which is to say she didn't." He joked.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:27 pm

Will bounded -- literally -- over to the rest of the assembled crew.

"So! What's going on at this party? Are we just standing here talking, or are there activities? Because a party's not a party if everyone's just standing around drinking drinks and making mindless small talk. We should, you know, party."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:44 pm

Basil smirked at Will's interruption, something of a God-send.

"Of course, how could I forget." He said, standing upright.

"We've several activities." Basil replied, plucking a ping pong ball with wings out of his jacket pocket.

"Butterbeer pong for one. Of the alcoholic or non-variety." As he said it, he tossed the 'snitch' to Will.

A wand crafting table, wizard duels, a table full of photo props if you're the selfie sort, and if you're very nice to Steph and I, we'll teach you how to make the potions she's currently brewing. "
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:47 pm

Will looked down at the ping pong ball, and laughed. "Now, this isn't exactly true-to-life, is it?"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:07 pm

"NOPE." He replied with a goofy grin. "But the foam was the only thing that didn't weigh the ball down too much. I don't want to upset the lycanthropic barkeep by turning her establishment into a soda coated mess. If the campus vampire is any indication, I'm yummy and should avoid pissing off the supernatural."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:09 pm

"Nonono, you misunderstand me, Basil McBasilkins.

The snitch doesn't bounce. It floats, and flutters, and is a pain in the ass. You don't need a ping-pong ball," he said, dropping the ball...

...and then rapidly following it down, shrinking and curling up into a matching ball, with wings, and a face on the front.

"You need a Stanton."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Null » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:16 pm

The Boy raised an eyebrow at Will's antics, and elbowed Sean.

"Hey. Magic man. Anything, uh....

...Anything strange going on?"
Null

Postby Basil Benson » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:20 am

Basil looked amused and crouched to collect the Will-snitch. "So what shall I do? Send these people into a frenzy?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:22 am

"I don't know what you mean by that. So, yes!"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:41 am

"When I release you, I'll need you to book it to a more open area so that people don't wreck the bar. The hall proper should be fine."

Basil then let out a high pitched whistle.

"Attention witches and warlocks and magical beings of every variety!

Whoever catches this snitch gets their tab covered for the night!" He then let go of Will.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:45 am

And with that, Will fluttered into the air, and made a beeline for the window.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:49 am

Null wrote:The Boy raised an eyebrow at Will's antics, and elbowed Sean.

"Hey. Magic man. Anything, uh....

...Anything strange going on?"

Sean stared at the Will trying to see if something was afoot beyond what he'd felt before.

"Those two are doing some minor working of some kind," Sean said, "But it's nothing... malevolent far as I can tell. I'll take a closer look."
Sean Hall
Student

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to XUB - Xavier Student Union Building