Feb. 14th: Hogwarts Hobnob

Located directly adjacent to the Rec Center is the Student Union building, housing a well-stocked bar and arcade, billiards and an open area with couches and coffee tables.

Re: Feb. 14th: Hogwarts Hobnob

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:32 am

Eventually Colette pulled herself away from Basil if only to spare herself some embarrassment. He watched her go back to tend to the snack table, and noticed Jezabelle's filing in.

"What's wrong?" He asked., joining them at the bar.
Basil Benson
Student

High Concept: Unwitting Heir to a Secret Legacy
Aspect: More Money Than Sense
Aspect: Ward of Unwanted Protectors
Aspect: Inconsistently Invisible
Aspect: Weirdness Magnet
Aspect: Covert Pervert

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:38 am

Jezabelle sipped her Confusing Concoction, the frozen vodka lemonade helping to lift her spirits.

"I didn't catch the sniiiiiiitch. It got awaaaaaaaaaay." She wasn't slurring her words, she was just being a little bit extra.
Two's company, she's a...
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

High Concept: Soapbox Sadie with a Secret
Aspect: Painfully Situational Sociability
Aspect: Good is Not Soft
Aspect: Master Multitasker
Aspect: Gamer Chick
Aspect: Tumblr

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:31 am

"Awwww. Poppet... I'm sorry.

Who did?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:39 pm

Chisaki Watanabe wrote:"It seems the card-reader is not busy." Chisaki motioned her head towards the woman who was shuffling her cards again, having just finished up someone's read.

"Tea is thematic, so it must have the longer line because of it."

Diego nodded and grinned, "Let's do this thing then. I haven't had that done for me since I was twelve."

With that, he approached the card-reader.
Diego Zapata

High Concept: Scruffy the Vampire Slayer
Aspect: Goofball
Aspect: Child of the Law
Aspect: Chisaki's Living Mannequin
Aspect: Webcomic Artist

Postby Sookie Quessaire » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:49 pm

"Good evening, nonm bèl. Is it you or your lady friend that's interested in what your future holds?"
Sookie Quessaire

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:50 pm

"No thank you." Chisaki politely declined, keeping a bit of distance so she wasn't listening in on Diego and the reader's conversation entirely. She understood why Diego might want to keep things quiet between the two of them.
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:59 pm

"Guess it's just me then," he said. He was curious as to how this would compare to his grandmother's reading. She had definitely been right about him undergoing a great change.
Diego Zapata

Postby Sookie Quessaire » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:08 pm

Sookie repeated her instructions for Diego.

"Please shuffle the smaller deck and when you feel comfortable with it, set it down. And then do the same with the fuller deck. "
Sookie Quessaire

Postby Diego Zapata » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:16 pm

Diego did as instructed with a flourish. He was practically from Vegas after all.
Diego Zapata

Postby Sookie Quessaire » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:26 pm

His showmanship elicited a light laugh from the lady.

"You are familiar with cards it seems." She stated as she reached out to flip the first of the four.
Sookie Quessaire

Postby Diego Zapata » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:38 pm

"I'm from right next to Las Vegas, so I kinda just picked it up. Hadn't tried it with these beastman hands yet though."
Diego Zapata

Postby Sookie Quessaire » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:09 pm

"Ahh I see. Perhaps you should go into reading. Or parlour tricks." Her coy, vaguely flirtatious expression made it difficult to tell if she was funning him or not.

As his major arcana, she revealed the Fool, in a reverse position.

In his minor line, first the Four of Wands, reversed, then the Knight of Cups upright, and lastly, the Ten of Pentacles, upright.

"The Fool is you." She observed, unaware herself that Diego may have already known that. In her seemingly custom deck The Fool was not accompanied by a dog, but by a little cat with a strange spotted pattern. Too strange to belong to a regular, garden variety house-cat. "Or rather, the representation of you in this reading. In reverse like that, it usually means you are holding back something, or are a reckless person who takes unnecessary risks.

"The Four of Wands is your physical state. It can mean a few things in reverse, but in conjunction with these other cards I think it represents a transition. In the spot of your physical card, it must be literal." In her deck, it was a sturdy stone building, surrounded by a family of four. A young woman, a middle aged man and woman, and a grandmother, it seemed. All four were holding what looked like walking sticks. Perhaps they were going out for a family picnic.

"The Knight of Cups is upright in your mind position. You are a bit of a charmer and a dreamer too, it seems. But the cards did not need to tell me that." This card, unsurprisingly, depicted a knight on horseback. While covered from shoulder to foot in armor, he did not wear a helmet. Instead, he had a long mane of dark brown hair which was bound back in a ponytail. He carried a chalice with the imagery of a fish engraved into it. On his shoulder was a small spotted cat. The same cat it seemed?

"The Ten of Pentacles, upright, occupies your spirit card. This is a good card to have upright, and symbolizes the sum of everything good in life." Upon the card was a king and a female, presumably his queen. The king too had an unruly crop of hair, but it was silvered by age. The king sat upon a throne, the spotted cat in his lap, looking like the very pinnacle of 'the cat who ate the canary'. His queen was shrouded in mystery, her hair covered by a long scarf and the top half of her face obscured by the veil. The bottom half of her face made her seem happy enough however, as the pair looked down lovingly at a child of indeterminable gender. The child's hair was jet black with the same un-tamable quality to it as their father's own.

"You have seen great change in your life recently, but something still holds you back. It is only the release and embracing of this something, this quality buried within you, that will get you to your end goal: the sweet life."

Diego would then feel the same effect the others had. These words were true... Gospel even. And he needed to start heeding the words of the spirit world as immediately as possible. One could even describe it as he felt compelled to do so.
Sookie Quessaire

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:54 pm

Basil Benson wrote:"Awwww. Poppet... I'm sorry.

Who did?"

"I dunno, I lost track of it, and couldn't find it again." Jez sipped her lemonade and winced a little, strong stuff. "It's fine though, I've only had a couple of drinks, so I wasn't counting on it to get me out of a jam or anything."

She looked straight ahead for a moment before she smiled. "Wow, you and Colette have had a pretty good day, huh?" Great, the girls were gossiping behind his back. Stupid puppeteer mind BS.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:04 pm

"Wow. Those cards are weirdly appropriate," he said as he studied the images.

"The sweet life, eh? Who wouldn't want that?" he smiled.
Diego Zapata

Postby Sookie Quessaire » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:12 pm

"My cards are indeed very special. I take great pride in them."

"Absolutely no one. " She replied to Diego's observation. "Granted, I suppose that the concept in action is different for all."
Sookie Quessaire

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:17 pm

Jezabelle Sherlock wrote:She looked straight ahead for a moment before she smiled. "Wow, you and Colette have had a pretty good day, huh?" Great, the girls were gossiping behind his back. Stupid puppeteer mind BS.

"For a woman who acts so demure, she sure does love to brag." Basil observed as he ordered three shots of gin. They all came with a leaf shaped sugar cube, which Basil dropped one by one into his drinks. He watched the cubes dissolve with a moody expression on his face.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:20 pm

Sean was quiet for a moment as he absorbed the reading Ian described. He could feel the push and pull of energy of a working and the bridge between Ian and himself forming.

Oi, that does feel like I just downed a couple pints.

"Interesting, can't say I don't feel a bit chuffed," Sean said feeling the pull against his inhibitions. Sean idly traced a circle and then rune on the table focusing on the flow of energy and trying to reverse it. "Pauvre Maman taught you well it seems, but it leaves me wondering what else they taught you."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:25 pm

"Different people want different things," he nodded. "Time to stop holding up the line," he said abruptly, moving back to Chisaki without further ado.

"You, me, drinks," he stated.
Diego Zapata

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:28 pm

Chisaki shook her head a bit, confused and completely missing the implication to those words.

"Ok, but I do not drink alcohol. I will just have the butterbeer for kids." She nodded.
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:48 pm

"Great!" he grinned, practically dragging her to the drinks table. He handed her a non-alcoholic butterbeer and grabbed a Felix Felcius for himself.

Offering a toast, he said, "To the best girl I know."
Diego Zapata

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:54 pm

"Uhm thank you?" Chisaki replied. She held her glass up because she thought she was supposed to.

"I think you are a good person too Diego-senpai."
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:01 pm

He downed half of his peach flavored glitter in one go before giving her a flirtatious smile. "So I've been thinking. I like you. I think you like me. Wanna go out?"
Diego Zapata

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:11 pm

Chisaki looked at Diego, dumbfounded. What did he mean to say?

She did like Diego, he was a very funny young man who didn't take himself too seriously. He didn't seem to mind being seen with her either, which was a good trait to have in a friend. Most people treated her like an embarrassment.

But she didn't see how that related to a trip off campus.... until it dawned on her what that sequence of words meant to an American.

"Uhm.

No thank you. I do not like you like that."
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:22 pm

Diego looked positively dejected and more than a little embarrassed. Then his eyes narrowed a little, "I see. Just another girl who doesn't think I'm good enough. I should have known."
Diego Zapata

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:29 pm

For a moment, Chisaki herself looks ashamed, but she immediately rejects the feeling itself and her face goes back to the blank stare she often adopted around outsiders.

Nearly everyone treated her like a freak, save a handful, including Diego. But if Diego was going to be like that too now, then Diego would not make her feel bad for being different either.

"You misunderstand.I do not think of anyone that way and I never have."

As she replied, she stood up. "Excuse me Diego-senpai. I do not wish to continue this conversation."
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:45 pm

"I'm sorry. That wasn't fair. Please... don't go," he said guiltily, emotions changing gears rapidly.
Diego Zapata

Postby Ian Quessaire » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:48 pm

Sean Hall wrote:"Interesting, can't say I don't feel a bit chuffed," Sean said feeling the pull against his inhibitions. Sean idly traced a circle and then rune on the table focusing on the flow of energy and trying to reverse it. "Pauvre Maman taught you well it seems, but it leaves me wondering what else they taught you."

"Well, we aim to please." Ian said with a saccharine smile, one that slowly faded as he watched the movements of Sean's hands. The flow of energy did not reverse, rather it was severed, like a wishbone having been pulled from both ends. That didn't mean it was impossible to get the energy flowing back, but it just wouldn't be easy or subtle. The smile that followed was slightly forced.

"Oh, many, many things. Like manners, and hospitality. Please do not tamper with the display, sir. We have other customers waiting for their turn, and we do not wish to disappoint them." Again, it looked like Iam was trying to use his words to diffuse a tense situation rather than whatever magic he had at his disposal.
Ian Quessaire

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:51 pm

Chisaki sighed and looked at Diego's expression.

She then sat down again.

And now things were super awkward. She wasn't looking at him at all, staring at her glass of butterbeer.
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:23 pm

Basil Benson wrote:"For a woman who acts so demure, she sure does love to brag." Basil observed as he ordered three shots of gin. They all came with a leaf shaped sugar cube, which Basil dropped one by one into his drinks. He watched the cubes dissolve with a moody expression on his face.

Jez gave Basil's hand a little pat. "Don't worry, she's being very civil. Trust me, I've been trying to get all of the details." She let out a little sigh before she took another sip. "You two are very lucky to have each other."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:40 pm

Basil looked at her side long for a moment before slamming back all three shots on his own.

That should do it.

Once he'd finished his quick descent into drunktown, he addressed Jezabelle back.

"I know I'm lucky, I don't know about the other way around however."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:34 pm

Ian Quessaire wrote:"Well, we aim to please." Ian said with a saccharine smile, one that slowly faded as he watched the movements of Sean's hands. The flow of energy did not reverse, rather it was severed, like a wishbone having been pulled from both ends. That didn't mean it was impossible to get the energy flowing back, but it just wouldn't be easy or subtle. The smile that followed was slightly forced.

"Oh, many, many things. Like manners, and hospitality. Please do not tamper with the display, sir. We have other customers waiting for their turn, and we do not wish to disappoint them." Again, it looked like Iam was trying to use his words to diffuse a tense situation rather than whatever magic he had at his disposal.

"Ah, I am English and would hate to be viewed as anything less than a gentleman for course," Sean said erasing his spell circle with a swipe of his hand content to let the confrontation diffuse itself. He began to stand to make room for the next guest. "I'm sure you're aware there are two rules of hospitality, well more than two depending on whose rules you ascribe to, but- for our purposes two will suffice."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:01 pm

Jez looked a little impressed, or maybe concerned, by Basil's ability to put them away.

"Are you kidding? You treat her like a princess. Women go their whole lives dreaming of meeting a man who makes them feel that way. At the end of the day, she's got a warm body to cuddle with. The best I've got waiting for me is my dakimakura."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Ian Quessaire » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:04 pm

"Oh please, I meant no offense." Back was that saccharine grin as Ian wished Sean a good evening, and a good future. He wasn't out of eyesight before the man leaned toward his sister.

"He knows."
Ian Quessaire

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:37 pm

Jezabelle Sherlock wrote:Jez looked a little impressed, or maybe concerned, by Basil's ability to put them away.

"Are you kidding? You treat her like a princess. Women go their whole lives dreaming of meeting a man who makes them feel that way. At the end of the day, she's got a warm body to cuddle with. The best I've got waiting for me is my dakimakura."

Basil blinked awkwardly as the booze was making it's way into his system. He shook off the oncoming fog.

"Install a heating pad. Then it will be exactly the same, minus the existential issues and constant self loathing of a Benson. "
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Sookie Quessaire » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:22 am

Sookie looked up from her cards, a scowl painting her face. She looked at the small, seemingly milquetoast dark-haired boy runt if a boy sitting in front of her.

"Boring conversation anyways." She stated, deftly grabbing her cards up off the table while simultaneously catching the table from the underside and flipping it up in his face.

"I told you this wouldn't work! Drain the ones we've got and let's blow this popsicle stand!"
Sookie Quessaire

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:26 am

Basil Benson wrote:Basil blinked awkwardly as the booze was making it's way into his system. He shook off the oncoming fog.

"Install a heating pad. Then it will be exactly the same, minus the existential issues and constant self loathing of a Benson."

"I don't think my roommate would care for that all that much. I'm pretty sure it makes her uneasy enough already without it being more human. I know that sounds creepy, but I just sleep better when I'm able to hold something, you know? 'specially if I've been drinking."

She leaned back in her seat, hearing a commotion coming from outside of the bar. "Is Null trying to pick a fight again?"
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Ian Quessaire » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:30 am

Ian dragged his hand down over his face and let out a sigh through his nose. "You're right, you're right, we should've stuck with the high schools." As he stood, previously unseen tattoos began to appear along his arms and some bare portions of his torso, glowing a faint yellow. Anyone able to see into the metaphysical realm would see that those little trails between the twins and their patrons transform from faint whisps to a steady stream. A gesture with his left hand had his bag floating and sucking up their essential tat like a vacuum cleaner.
Ian Quessaire

Postby Victor Freud » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:33 am

Vic managed a "buh?" before he got smacked in the face with a table and was sent tumbling backward, chair and all. He hadn't even managed to get into the bar yet, he just wanted to try this thing out, maybe get a line on where to look to figure out Emilie some more. And now he was looking up at what was quickly becoming apparent to be a couple of some kind of demons or something.

Why couldn't anything ever be simple?
Victor Freud
Student

High Concept: Face Turning Heel
Aspect: Title of Your Sex Tape / The Gadfly
Aspect: Shrinky Dink Shenanigans
Aspect: Always Second Best
Aspect: Underestimating Badassery
Aspect: Dressed for Success

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:50 am

Basil fell to his knees, trying to catch himself on the bar and failing. To a muggle like himself, it might seem like the booze hit him all at once.

But to those who could tell, he was an obvious victim of their visitors.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:32 am

Ian Quessaire wrote:Ian dragged his hand down over his face and let out a sigh through his nose. "You're right, you're right, we should've stuck with the high schools." As he stood, previously unseen tattoos began to appear along his arms and some bare portions of his torso, glowing a faint yellow. Anyone able to see into the metaphysical realm would see that those little trails between the twins and their patrons transform from faint whisps to a steady stream. A gesture with his left hand had his bag floating and sucking up their essential tat like a vacuum cleaner.

Sean's eyes widened as Ian and his sister began the energy transfer.

"A fight against a campus full of super powered people?" Sean asked before he began chanting and crimson bands formed from seemingly nothing anchored to the ground and crawled towards Ian and Sookie to bind them.
Sean Hall
Student

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to XUB - Xavier Student Union Building