I2: M-m-monster Mash

Located directly adjacent to the Rec Center is the Student Union building, housing a well-stocked bar and arcade, billiards and an open area with couches and coffee tables.

I2: M-m-monster Mash

Postby Nailah Weaver » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:21 pm

With Onyx busy elsewhere Nailah had, perhaps a bit too eagerly, stepped up to lead a team around campus. They'd been led to the XUB and into the main entrance hall.

((Campus Fairy-Hunting Team goes here.))
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Re: I2: M-m-monster Mash

Postby Nash Riley » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:41 am

Nash made a wide scan of the surroundings with his powers as they entered.

He was somewhat nervous, not really sure what to expect from magical creatures.
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:34 pm

"Nos! Gets out!" an imp said, popping up from behind the bar. "We don'ts SERVES your kinds here!"
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:20 pm

"Oh yeah?" Nailah says, feeling she should have a snappy comeback but coming up short. "Well we do serve your kind. With kicks. To your ugly little butts." That needs some work, Nailah.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:10 pm

IN response, the imp threw a bottle at her head. Hard.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Nailah tries to twist herself out of the way and the bottle only hits her shoulder, sending her stumbling to the side.

"Oh, you'll pay for that!" she yells and charges towards the bar, prepared to at least try and zig-zag out of the way should the Imp decide to throw any more stuff at her.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:21 pm

She betters start a ziggin and a zaggin, as five or six MORE imps popped out, and soon, a wide variety of alcoholic beverage bottles were being hurled in the direction of the X-Team.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:01 am

At that sight Nailah abandons her plan and instead dives for a table to knock over and take cover behind.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:03 am

That's certainly possible, and now she had a fortified position to shield herself from the fortified wines.

"Kill! Kill! Kill!" the imps chanted.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nash Riley » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:07 am

"These guys don't know a thing about proper bar fights." Nash said taking cover behind one of the adjacent tables.
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:40 am

"Really? Cause I could swear they're doing pretty well. Maybe they'll run out of bottles eventually..."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Charles Franklin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:48 am

Charles came onto the scene apparently the backup from the well, the backups roster. Seeing the situation he shifted into something well, heavily armored. He walked into well, the middle of the room hoping to provide his two teammates with some cover.

"I...guess I'll provide you with some cover, eh," Charles said.
Charles Franklin
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:08 am

Seeing the bottles weren't having much effect against Charles, a few of the imps changed tact.

"CHAAAAARGE!" they cried, carrying rather large meat cleavers as they flooded over the bar...
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Charles Franklin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:13 am

"Oh....that's not good," Charles said as the imps charged over the bar. He decided to respond by vomiting a stream of acid towards the imps as they charged towards him because everything is better with acid, right?
Charles Franklin
Student

Postby Nash Riley » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:15 am

"I was referring to the fact that you shouldn't waste good alcohol." He smiled. After hearing them shout 'charge', his smile faded as he pulled a weighty looking wrench of his belt and gave it a twirl.
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:20 am

The acid sent a couple of the imps skittering, and another leaping up towards the light fixtures. Others tried to cut to the left and right, to flank the trio.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nash Riley » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:32 am

Nash went to take the ones on the right, making some kind of strange movement with his left hand fingers resulting in a few mechanical sounds coming from the device around his left forearm.
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Charles Franklin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:36 am

Charles decided that when being flanked he'd advance towards the bar since he wasn't exactly maneuverable when trying to be a tank. He hoped the other two could handle the flankers they were X-Men after all, eh? As he moved forwards the carapace on his back formed spikes. He vomited acid at the bar hoping to cover his advance at least a little.
Charles Franklin
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:00 am

Nailah pulls herself up into a kneeling crouch when the barrage of bottles stops and jumps up when the Imp scatter about. Seeing some of them armed gives her pause for a moment before she reaches for a chair, grabbing it by the back and swinging it at one of the thing.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:30 am

Nash's arm thing does, in fact, make a sound, and the imps seemed hesitant about advancing further. What was up with that?

Charles' acid was proving very effective, carving a path dead ahead as imps scattered, looking for small places where Charles could not reach.

Nailah was, perhaps, the least threatening, and, while her chair knocked out the lead imp, more came and tried to swarm her!
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nash Riley » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:55 am

Nash pointed his left arm towards one of the imps and made some sort of twitching of his fingers. Then suddenly there was a loud pop and a grappling hook was propelled from the device on his left arm at high speed. It was aimed to hit one of the imps in the chest, and though it wouldn't actually be able to grip on to the imp, it should have enough force to knock the wind out of the thing. Not leaving the others much time to react, he charged at another ready to hit at it with the wrench.
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Charles Franklin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:59 am

Charles skittered after them, well slowly chased after them rather. As the imps darted he couldn't help but feel hungry. It was a feeling he tried to shake off as he pursued the imps. The two talons on his back changed shape into what looked more like armored tentacles as he realized that maybe he should capture instead of dissolving the imps into goo.

After they formed he reached for a couple of the fleeing fey.
Charles Franklin
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:01 am

They screamed as Charles grabbed on, and tried to stab him with their steely knives.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:29 am

Nailah hurls the chair into the advancing group of Imps to buy herself some time to think. There's too many of the damn things to just try and take them out one by one and she has no weapons at hand. Grabbing one of the legs of the overturned table she tries to wrench it free to give herself a club that's a bit easier to wield and more suited for smacking around tiny menaces. Aiming at the first Imp to get close enough she swings it like a baseball bat.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Charles Franklin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:39 am

The knives bit and the much less durable tentacles were easier to injure and Charles chittered in pain before throwing one of the imps in a random direction. The pain made something slip a little and Charles brought the other imp towards his mouth and did the equivalent of an insect-like roar sending small flecks of acid laced drool spraying at the imp.

There was a moment where both Charles and the imp probably were convinced somebody was about to made into a meal.
Charles Franklin
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:08 am

Nailah Weaver wrote:Nailah hurls the chair into the advancing group of Imps to buy herself some time to think. There's too many of the damn things to just try and take them out one by one and she has no weapons at hand. Grabbing one of the legs of the overturned table she tries to wrench it free to give herself a club that's a bit easier to wield and more suited for smacking around tiny menaces. Aiming at the first Imp to get close enough she swings it like a baseball bat.

Sttttirike! Nailah knocks a bundle of imps over, as the lead one flails back and crashes into a couple others.

They're armed, but they seem kinda dumb. Nailah might have to scale up to keep up with them, but she could fend them off for a bit with her club.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Narrator » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:09 am

Charles Franklin wrote:The knives bit and the much less durable tentacles were easier to injure and Charles chittered in pain before throwing one of the imps in a random direction. The pain made something slip a little and Charles brought the other imp towards his mouth and did the equivalent of an insect-like roar sending small flecks of acid laced drool spraying at the imp.

There was a moment where both Charles and the imp probably were convinced somebody was about to made into a meal.

The imp shreaked as the acid hit it. Acid worked!
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Charles Franklin » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:33 pm

Charles flinched at the screaming and slammed the imp into a nearby table hoping that maybe that would render the little creature unconscious before seeing that maybe he should help somebody. Well. the hopefully unconscious imp made a good projectile which he threw at the group attacking Nailah.
Charles Franklin
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:41 pm

Nailah backs off a bit, swinging her improvised club at whichever one comes into range first while she tries to come up with a plan. She jumps backwards over a table, her wings carrying her a little through the air. Once she clears the table she kicks it up and forward before landing behind it. But instead of just taking cover she pushes the whole table forward with her shoulder to try and ram it into the Imps and maybe even squish them against the bar counter if they don't get out of the way fast enough.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Nailah's timing was near-perfect, as the table slammed into Charles' imp. A very good number of them were smashed into the bar, as well, pinning them there.

Not all, of course. So, you know, now Nailah's arms are busy holding imps while more rush at her. No biggie.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Charles Franklin » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:18 pm

Charles skitted as quickly as he could to help Nailah by intercepting the imps or you know just have hundreds of pounds of spiked insect oil monstrosity plow into them from the flabk as they charged. Just depended on how the timing worked out.
Charles Franklin
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:35 pm

Nailah tries to keep her back pressed against the table to keep the imps pinned while kicking at any that try to come too close. "We need a way to trap them for good!"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Nash Riley » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:18 am

Nash tried to keep the free imps away from Nailah while looking around with his powers for something to contain them with.

A display case perhaps?
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Narrator » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:41 am

There was a case behind the bar where some of the "finer" (read: college students might break) offerings the XUB offered. That was at least lockable--maybe that will work?
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Narrator » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:42 am

Charles Franklin wrote:Charles skitted as quickly as he could to help Nailah by intercepting the imps or you know just have hundreds of pounds of spiked insect oil monstrosity plow into them from the flabk as they charged. Just depended on how the timing worked out.

It was the second one! That was pretty good, though, as the imps were relatively small, and Charles was rather large.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nash Riley » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:16 am

That should contain them for awhile. One problem was It had a pair of those sideways sliding doors, getting imps in might not be a problem, getting imps to stay in while trying to shove more in would be though.

Maybe if we took it down and turned it on its side, we could drop them in from the 'top'.

"I've got an idea." Nash said as he hopped over the bar walker over to the display case and went to quickly unfastening it to what ever it fastened to.
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Charles Franklin » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:24 pm

Striiiike

Charles thought to himself while chuckling in an insect like manner. He grew additional crab claw like limbs and kind of just set about trying to beat senseless the imps he'd just sent flying about. By doing so he hoped to buy Nash some more time to do whatever he was trying to do.
Charles Franklin
Student

Postby Narrator » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:37 am

Charles and Nailah were holding them off--it was Nash time!
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nash Riley » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:41 am

With his tools he was able to quickly get the cabinet off the wall and set it down on the floor. He then picked the lock and dumped its contents out, he probably only broke half of them.

He then placed it on the bar and jumped over, then pulled it down in front of the bar and held the sliding door part of the way open.

"Okay Charles, think you can catch some and stuff them in here?"
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Charles Franklin » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:56 am

"I guess we'll see, eh?" Charles stated as he began trying to herd the imps by spraying gouts of acid, grabbing them when he could, just generally trying to force them towards the cabinet through whatever means he could.
Charles Franklin
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to XUB - Xavier Student Union Building