Sept 2nd - X-Team Sign-Ups

Located directly adjacent to the Rec Center is the Student Union building, housing a well-stocked bar and arcade, billiards and an open area with couches and coffee tables.

Re: Sept 2nd - X-Team Sign-Ups

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:18 am

"...Morrigan. It's kind of putting on airs, aye?"
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Haley Crusek » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:21 am

"...like the lady with bat wings from that fighting game my dad likes with monsters and shit? That's kinda cool."
Haley Crusek
Student

High Concept: Pint-sized Powerhouse
Aspect: Wannabe hero
Aspect: Shitty psychic
Aspect: Hothead
Aspect: Walmart-brand Tinkerbell

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:28 am

Sam makes a face.

"Not that. It's more... a myth, aye? It might be what inspired that video game, I don't know."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Onyx » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:49 am

"That is a very interesting name, ma'am," Onyx says. "It suits you."
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:52 am

"It sounds cool. I guess I'll just go with Sphinx? It's obvious but it seems so... well, obvious. It doesn't have any zing to it."
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:10 am

"See, everyone knows what a sphinx is. Mine's just a head-scratcher."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Michaela Havlin » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:24 am

"If I can go by 'Hell Hound', then Morrigan, Sphinx, and whatever else will work fine," Michaela said with a chuckle as she filled out the forms.
Michaela Havlin
Student

Postby Onyx » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:30 am

Onyx takes notes in her notebooks of codenames. It's useful information.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:37 am

"Fine, Sphinx it is... even though it lacks pizzazz!"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:37 am

"We could always break out the craft glitter."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:40 am

"Wrong kind of pizzazz." she chuckles.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:15 am

"Sphinx sounds badass," Haley nodded enthusiastically
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Marcus Plethers » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:25 am

So, the school had a sign up sheet that almost guaranteed some level of violence, action and interesting situations? Check, check, and double check. Marcus Plethers wasn't missing out on this opportunity. This place bored him. That was to be expected. He was used to fighting in school, drinking beer when his dad wasn't around and kind of having the run of his childhood home. Now that he was stuck in this joint not only did he go out of his way to avoid serious conversations but the boredom of not getting into the same trouble was starting to become a bit much. For this reason he approached the table, stared at the scary looking lady that appeared to have an aura of "small children, cute animals and your grandmother must die" around here and apprehended a booklet.

While Marcus was not known to say much he did have a question. "So, yeah. When do we get to go all Michael Bay and do explosions, smash people's heads in with bricks and wear the costumes?" He wished he didn't mention that last part about the costumes. He thought of those threads as nothing more than fancier Power Rangers gear. "Do we get the megazords now or later?" he asked. This was his honest attempt at trying to be funny. His dad once said that being funny could allow others to not judge him so harshly. But it didn't take much to tell Marcus was not exactly a people's person.
Marcus Plethers
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Tosh snorted his dorky laugh, which probably looked out of place on his no-longer-dweeby physique.

"More Pacific Rim for some of us."
Toshiro Narumi
Student

High Concept: Nascent Cardinal Guardian
Aspect: Adorkable Tech Genius
Aspect: Hero In The Blood
Aspect: Crowded Brain
Aspect: Werewolf Lover
Aspect: Guilty Conscience

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:13 pm

X-23 can't help but smirk at the demeanor of the boy walking up to the table and grabbing a booklet without any of the hesitation of his classmates. "Eager. I like it. Since it looks like we have plenty of interest we'll have our first training session in the Danger Room on Thursday, so I can get a feeling for what you all are capable of. The head-smashing's gonna have to wait until someone gets stupid enough to try and pull something on our watch, which by my experience roughly takes a couple days at most. There's always someone who feels they gotta learn their lesson the hard way."
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Marcus Plethers » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:05 pm

Marcus did notice the other guy in the room that had a rather mediocre build. At least the physical appearance of that person appeared mediocre as far as Marcus was concerned. But he wasn't the type to underestimate anyone. If it was one thing he noticed the smaller the person the stronger the power. There was a bit of anxiety that was developing just this second. X-23 could intimidate most anyone in Marcus' opinion. He was still a kid. Despite his size his mental nerve began to shrink as soon as they woman spoke.

"Uh, r-right," he said. It was that last part she said that worried him. Just how dangerous was all of this going to be? He expected things to be a little different from jumping off of a diving board and landing into a pillow factory. Marcus was not naive. He understood there had to be a very good reason why someone would want to get a group of kids with powers like this together to form teams. "Maybe you already explained this and I apologize if you did already but, please don't sugar coat, we uh, well, what are we doing here? What's the purpose of all of this? You give out brochures and whatnot but I want to hear it straight from the scary person's mouth," Marcus inquired. He wanted to make no assumptions. Plus he realized that if X-23 was essentially recruiting right now that could have spoken to how dangerous this all was. He thought that having her here to recruit was like having Hannibal Lecter try to get people to sign up for biology classes.
Marcus Plethers
Student

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:26 pm

"To protect those who can't protect themselves. I want to stress that this is strictly voluntary. I'll kick your ass in training and I won't deny that I'll enjoy it, but at the end of the day this is about your desire to help people. There's a lot of assholes out there who deserve a kick in the head, but I won't force you to do so, nor will I order anybody to kill. We're here to make the world a better place, not to weaponize you. I've been there and I don't intend to let that happen to anybody else."
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:30 pm

"He probably doesn't have to worry about the outfits," she mutters.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Marcus Plethers » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:51 pm

Marcus shook his head. He liked the idea of helping people with the use of powers. If he were honest with himself with an ability like his own something like this was probably what he was meant to do. "Understood," he said as a response to the staff member.

Even with that said he did move his way over to the red headed girl present. He turned his back towards the female member of the staff. He leaned in and whispered to the ginger, "protect those who can't protect themselves? Who'll protect us from her?" It was a joke. At least there was one adult who worked here he had no choice but to respect. Marcus felt that woman could command a presence without having to say a word.
Marcus Plethers
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:57 pm

"She's secretly absurdly nice," she stage-whispers to Marcus.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Laura doesn't say anything but she stares past Marcus' broad shoulders and right at Sam with the most disgruntled face she can muster without breaking into a straight snarl. She couldn't possibly have heard them though, right? Not without some form of enhanced hearing, but what are the odds of that at a school for mutants.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Sam cringes for a moment but decides to push her luck in a second stage whisper.

"You see, she's the best there is at what she does, and what she does is extremely pretty."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:21 pm

"Look at that, somebody just volunteered to be the first to have a go at the Danger Room on Thursday!" she suddenly says loudly and walks over to Sam and Marcus to clap the red-haired girl on the shoulder with enough force to make her stumble at least a little bit. "Good for you."
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Haley Crusek » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:47 pm

Haley giggled audibly at them both before thinking better of it.
Haley Crusek
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to XUB - Xavier Student Union Building