Trev Gets a Date

Located directly adjacent to the Rec Center is the Student Union building, housing a well-stocked bar and arcade, billiards and an open area with couches and coffee tables.

Re: Trev Gets a Date

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:28 am

"I guess so," he said, still a bit in awe. "Wow...you've seen a lot then."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:19 pm

"Some. Very little of it would make sense to you and I'm allowed to talk about very little of that."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Trev nodded thoughtfully, deciding to change the subject. "Fair enough. What sort of things do you keep notes on?" he motioned to her notepad.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:51 pm

"Strange things. Things that don't make sense or might be good to remember later. There's quite a bit that is confusing about this world." She flips through her notebook, "For example, coffee is quite bitter, but people insist on drinking it."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:14 pm

"It's an acquired taste. For a lot of people it's a ritual. I'm getting into it just because it's a convenient way to get caffeine into my body. Add some cream and some sugar to start and it can be pretty tasty. I slowly stopped adding sugar."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:25 pm

"Caffeine?" She makes another note.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:04 pm

"Oh, caffeine is great. It's a stimulant, so it wakes you up. Too much can be bad for you, of course, and it can keep you from sleeping well at night. It's in coffee, most teas, some pop..."

Trev regarded her note taking with interest. "Not sure how it would affect someone like you. But you could probably start small if you wanted to try."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:13 pm

"Might prove to be an interesting experiment," she says, "Something else I need to become used to I suppose."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:29 pm

"Well I'd be happy to help you experiment with anything," Trev smiled before internally cringing at how that might be interpreted. He sipped his wine as nonchalantly as possible. (Read: not nonchalantly)
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:42 pm

"I'll make a note of that as well," she says, jotting something else down in her notebook with a smile that says he may have just sold his soul.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:55 pm

Trev noted the smile with concern. Maybe excitement too? He smiled back sheepishly trying to be subtle in his attempts to read exactly what she was writing down.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:58 pm

It wasn't terribly difficult.
Code: Select all
Trev - Experiments? - Ideas?
Talk to Vivienne

She looks back up. "So what do you do for amusement?"
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Honesty? Honesty was good here, right? I mean. Everything was foreign to her, so even if he lied about being huge into sports it'd probably be the same as his nerdy proclivities right?

Trev sipped what little was left of his glass before setting it down. "I read a lot. I write some, though that's mostly for this storytelling game I play with some of my friends. It's called Dungeons & Dragons. I play video games too. And since coming here, I try to practice flying in the Danger Room."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:04 pm

"You have a game about dragons? They are impressive beasts, but dangerous to hunt."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:08 pm

"....dragons are real too?" Trev asked, wide-eyed.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:11 pm

"I would imagine they no longer exist on this side of the Veil. And they're rare on the other side as well."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:21 am

"Have you ever met one?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:29 pm

"A couple of times. Once I was part of a hunt for one. Some people on the other side don't take kindly to their relatives being devoured. That feud was an ordeal and one of the things I was glad to leave behind."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:30 pm

"Can they talk? Or are they just like big wild animals?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:34 pm

"Oh they can talk," she says, "Some of them won't stop talking from what I hear. Like to hear the sound of their own voice I'd imagine."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:23 pm

"That's incredible," he replied, almost slack-jawed.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:30 pm

"More irritating than incredible from what I have heard, but I suppose when you've never seen one you might think differently."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:01 pm

"True," he replied. "I can't imagine anything from our world being that impressive but novelty is a powerful thing.

"So is this your first..."

Trev hesitated, "..uh well I guess it's a date."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:06 pm

She fidgets for a moment before finally answering, "Yes. There's really no social custom like this on the other side of the Veil. Or at least here wasn't where I was stationed."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:31 pm

"...I could lie and act like I'm some sort of seasoned veteran at this but...uh. Well this is only like the second date I've had since coming here."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:25 pm

"I applaud your decision to remain truthful," she says, obviously choosing her words carefully.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Trev looked a bit relieved. "Well...cool. I hope it's a good first impression?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:47 pm

"So far," she finally says, giving him a smile.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:36 am

"Good," he smiled back, finally exhaling the breath he'd apparently been holding in.

He poured himself more wine out of the bottle and offered Gemma a refill as well.

"Did you want to order any food?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:34 pm

"No, this is fine," she says, holding her glass for him to refill. "So who was the other woman that merited a date?"
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:59 pm

Trev used the concentration of pouring his date's glass to formulate a response with hopefully less nervous sputtering. He set the bottle down and took a sip of his own.

"A nice girl with some similar interests who fixed my computer. I asked her out to thank her for that and she made it clear that it should probably be a one time thing."

Overshare much?
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Gemma made a thoughtful noise with no hint of judgment in it. Finally, she comments, "Well, her loss."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Trev chuckled bashfully, a blush rising in his cheeks, much to his chagrin "That's very kind of you."

He sipped his wine, trying to regain his composure, but he was finding it hard to stop grinning like an idiot after getting paid a compliment like that.

"Seems to be working out in my favor as well," he finally managed, hoisting his glass for a toast.
Trev Anderson
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to XUB - Xavier Student Union Building