Trev Gets a Date

Located directly adjacent to the Rec Center is the Student Union building, housing a well-stocked bar and arcade, billiards and an open area with couches and coffee tables.

Trev Gets a Date

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:15 pm

Trev had decided that a first date definitely required an additional shower, even though he was going to be cutting things close with timing. Gemma didn't exactly give him a lot of notice on the date, but he wasn't going to bring that up. He flew through getting ready in his dorm room, put on a button-down and a pair of nice jeans, and raced out of the dorms to get to the XUB.

Two steps out the door he realized he didn't have his phone. Shit! What if she needed to call him?!

He raced back inside, then back out, and actually took to the air, an ear-splitting screech propelling him rapidly towards the XUB. He wasn't a graceful flyer, but he could at least do it at this point, and it was faster than trying to run across campus (and less likely to defeat the purpose of his additional shower.) Trev landed just outside the union and dashed inside, reaching the bar at precisely 5:59. He breathed a sigh of relief and looked around for his date.
Trev Anderson
Student

Re: Trev Gets a Date

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:41 pm

Gemmalara's sitting at the bar, dressed in something nice, but casual that Vivienne had gotten her. She seems actually a little nervous as she looks around the bar.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:37 am

Trev spotted her, took a deep breath, and walked over to Gemma. "Hi," he smiled nervously, taking a seat next to her.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:21 am

"Hello," she says, "I wasn't sure the message would reach you."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:06 pm

"Well I'm glad a decided to check my email before I started to study," he smiled. "This is way better than writing about the Franco-Prussian war."

"How'd you get the message to me? I thought you said tech and your...well...magic didn't really get along?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:43 pm

"Lady Vivienne has found some unique ways around that stricture, mostly involving minimizing skin contact with the device. Working with the stylus is difficult though."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:17 am

"You can use a sword without hurting yourself. I'm sure you'll get the hang of a stylus," he smiled encouragingly. "What would you like to drink?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:28 pm

"Wine, I think. Never did develop a taste for ale."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:36 pm

Trev flagged down the bartender who motioned back that he'd be a moment.

"Red, white, dry, sweet?" Trev asked, not that he knew much of anything about wine. "I sort of drink a little of everything. Not sure I have a favorite yet.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:00 am

"White, sweet," she says, "It's an acquired taste."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:06 pm

"Yeah," he agreed. "The white, sweet stuff is hard not to like though."

The bartender arrived and Trev ordered a bottle for the two of them to split, since it worked out cheaper and Trev figured he needed as much liquid courage as he could get. Solid reasoning.

"Well. Anything you want, food drink, whatever, get it--it's on me. Least I can do for hauling my fat ass out of the pool."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:52 pm

"Saying you owe me is dangerous," she says with a small smile.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:36 am

"True," he chuckled back, "But any small debt I had is repaid with drinks and food tonight."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:32 am

"Is it now?" She says, sipping at her wine.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:20 am

"You tell me," he grinned, trying to play it cool but definitely nervous. "I mean, if more food and drinks on another night are demanded, I might have no choice but to comply."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:51 pm

"We haven't even determined if we can tolerate each other's company yet," she says with a slight laugh, "And you're already planning another evening?"
Gemmalara

Trev Gets a Date

Postby Trev Anderson » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:35 am

"Well. I can't promise you'll tolerate mine," he joked. "But you seem like you're pretty tolerable."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:39 pm

"Even after I defeated you?"
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:03 pm

"Plenty of people do that," he laughed.

Their wine arrived and was poured, the rat of the bottle placed in a wine chiller.

"Cheers," he held up he glass with a nervous smile. "To a fun evening with new friends."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:56 pm

She contemplates that for a moment and then nods, holding up her glass, "Cheers." She sips her wine, nodding in satisfaction before asking, "So do you do this often?"
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:50 pm

"Drink? Probably more than I should," he chuckled.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:31 pm

"No, ask strange women to eat with you. Lady Vivienne says it is an accepted custom."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:06 pm

"Me personally? No. Not often," he said thoughtfully, suddenly adding, "but it's...uh...well I mean it's not my first time or anything."

He sipped his wine, trying to play it cool, "We just met in such a surreal way I...I dunno. Wanted to get to know you. Not every day a guy gets to have drinks with a girl from...well. Not around here."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:19 pm

"I am given to understand that many of the women here are not from this area. Have I been misinformed?" She takes out a small notepad and a pencil from goodness knows where.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:06 pm

"Well I more meant....like. Not from around here in a much broader sense. Like. You can do magic. Is it disrespectful to call you a faerie? I...my mythology is all mixed in with fantasy writing and who knows if that's even remotely accurate."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:59 pm

"Faeries have wings and tend to be small, so yes, it is a bit disrespectful. Fey is the generally expected blanket term."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:04 am

"I'm sorry--I meant no disrespect," he apologized, sipping his drink. "But...well. Yes. That's what I meant. Not every day a guy from Chicago gets to ask a Fey out for drinks."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:32 pm

"We don't visit here very often for many different reasons, so I'm not surprised you haven't had the opportunity."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:33 am

Trev nodded thoughtfully, "All the more reason I'm lucky, then."

He stared at her nervously a moment before realizing he was staring then suddenly looked back to his drink.

"So. Since you don't visit much...um...what's been your favorite experience since coming here?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:56 pm

"Pizza was strange, but good. I don't know that I've put the thought into picking a favorite."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:58 pm

"Pizza here barely counts," he smirked, "Come to Chicago, or, I'll begrudgingly admit, New York City, and you can experience real pizza.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:17 pm

"Crossing the ocean is a daunting prospect and from what I'm given to understand, I'm not sure I'd be welcome there by either humans or my distant relatives."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:40 pm

"Well. I'm sure my grandmother would be tickled to meet a fey," he smiled. "Are American fey that different?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:15 pm

"The Americans are quite different from the British, are they not?"
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:22 am

"True," he replied. "Not unrecognizable though, and we mostly share a language."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:46 pm

"But I'm given to understand that you had violent disagreements in the past. It is much the same for us. And we have *very* long memories."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:04 am

"...if it's not too rude to ask, exactly how old are you?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:16 am

"The last time I was on this side of the Veil, I heard something about oranges invading the island. It was confusing and I didn't remain long enough to find out what that was all about."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:56 am

Trev choked on his wine a bit. "That was over 300 years ago..."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:41 am

She makes a thoughtful noise, "Time is... flexible on the other side of the Veil."
Gemmalara

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to XUB - Xavier Student Union Building