Artistic First Imperessions

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

Re: Artistic First Imperessions

Postby Rose Dashwood » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:56 pm

"Well, we'll see. I'm hoping a new environment and new subjects can help that grow; there's a lot to learn and a lot of opportunity at a place like this."
Rose Dashwood

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:00 pm

"The student body here would no doubt agree," Aiden said, "Myself included. After all outside of Genosha there are few places where so many of us congregate."
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Rose Dashwood » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:31 pm

"Which is really too bad. We shouldn't be afraid to gather in large numbers. The world can be a nasty place at times."
Rose Dashwood

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Rose Dashwood wrote:"Which is really too bad. We shouldn't be afraid to gather in large numbers. The world can be a nasty place at times."

"A reason why Genosha has mandatory service required of all able residents," Aiden said.
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Rose Dashwood » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:24 am

"I'm not a major fan of mandatory service...but everyone should feel able to serve.

Oh, they SAY it'll all be fine, but do you really believe them? I'm not so sure."
Rose Dashwood

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:17 pm

"Genosha is too small to depend on volunteers," Aiden said, "And it's the only path to citizenship."

He paused for a moment considering how to answer Rose's question.

"The Praetorians would not exist if we believed everything would be fine."
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Rose Dashwood » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:13 pm

"Mmm. Well, hopefully, one day, Genosha will be overflowing, and you can take that requirement away. Just a matter of time and genetics, right?"

"What exactly is a Praetorian?"
Rose Dashwood

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:36 pm

"Hopefully," Aiden said, "Praetorians are members of the Genoshan military. Though politicians and diplomats prefer we be called Genosha's guard to make human governments less fretful."
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Rose Dashwood » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:30 pm

"Oh! So, you're like, a lieutenant or something? A Major?"
Rose Dashwood

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:10 am

"Nothing so grand, but I was promoted to Decanus right before I was assigned here," Aiden said, "Which is the equivalent of a corporal in the American military."
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Rose Dashwood » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:39 am

"Still, that's very impressive! You must be very proud."
Rose Dashwood

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:12 am

"Of being the first from my year and one of the youngest Praetorians to be promoted to Decanus? Most certainly not," Aiden smiled.
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Rose Dashwood » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:17 am

"Do you have a fancy uniform, and medals?"
Rose Dashwood

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:59 pm

"Our medals are fairly utilitarian, but I received a commendation from Lady Polaris herself for bravery on a mission," Aiden said pointing to a gold square over his heart. There were three other squares next to it one silver and two red . "If this uniform was any fancier I would not be able to move without causing a stir."
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Rose Dashwood » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:57 pm

"Well. Either way, I'd love to do a portrait of you in it. Something appropriately dashing and heroic."
Rose Dashwood

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:39 pm

"Well, that should not be too hard," Aiden smiled. "I humbly accept of course."
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Rose Dashwood » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:48 pm

"Excellent! As soon as I get my space set up, I'd love to make you subject #1," she grinned. "Something you can show back home and prove that not all of us non-Genoshans are terribly uncultured."
Rose Dashwood

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:20 pm

"I have a feeling you are one of few who cares what Genoshans think of anything," Aiden said.
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Rose Dashwood » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:30 pm

"What makes you say that? I know lots of people who look to Genosha for guidance."
Rose Dashwood

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:50 pm

"Back home many believe that Xavier's influence runs too deep in the minds of those outside Genosha and that this has created... friction between Genoshans and non-Genoshans," Aiden said.
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Rose Dashwood » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:06 pm

Rose waved her hand a little at that. "Different approaches to the same problem. Minor disagreements and squabbles. It'll all come clear in the end."
Rose Dashwood

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:36 pm

"All mutants will see the light in time and unite," Aiden agreed. "However, in the now I have my mission to improve relations. Perhaps show the mutants, and the human observers here that Genosha is not simply waiting for the right moment to crush the humans with Praetorians might."
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Rose Dashwood » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:24 am

"Yeah, they can get so paranoid. Why would we even want to do that? What benefit is there for us?"
Rose Dashwood

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:56 pm

"None," Aiden said, "Inheriting a planet destroyed by war does nobody any good, but perhaps the humans only consider how we might eventually respond in kind to their treatment of mutants. Though it seems to do very little to dissuade them from their current course of action against non-Genoshans."
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Rose Dashwood » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:21 pm

"This too shall pass," she said, sagely. "Given enough time and effort."
Rose Dashwood

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate