Wintery wizardry wandering-y

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

Re: Wintery wizardry wandering-y

Postby Emilie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:30 pm

"As much as the next dude I suppose." Taking off her leather jacket and quickly undoing her Doc Martens she hoisted herself up into the lowest limb.

"What am I looking for?" She asked. "The bird?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:33 pm

"The bird vanished once it flew in here, so maybe the entrance to Narnia or at least hopefully not one of the other more terrifying planes," Sean said following Emilie up into the tree.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:58 pm

She scurried up the tree obediently, and all was silent for a few moments before she called out:

"Wow whats this wibbly wobbly purple hole for?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:29 pm

"You're joking, right?" Sean said trying to catch up to Emilie.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:20 am

"Psshhkkrrrr" She replied, trying not to laugh and failing.

"Yea dude I am totally fuckin' with you. I don't see shit."
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:45 pm

"Would have been to convenient," Sean said as he climbed up into the tree. He opened his eyes to the weave of magic again and hoped to see something inside the tree.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:03 am

He finds Emilie hanging upside down from a higher branch, looking about a bit but she doesn't seem to be going to the length of demolishing the tree or anything, and her posture suggested she may or may not be taking this seriously.
Emilie
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:04 am

There was nothing in the tree, but there was definitely something odd going on here.

It was as if the bird just vanished from this plane of existence.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:53 pm

"Well, the flow of magic is normal," Sean said moving around the tree towards where he last sensed the raven before it disappeared. "Odd it would just vanish entirely. This probably looks a bit like madness doesn't it?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:32 am

Emilie somehow shrugged while upside down.

"Nah. I've heard way weirder shit here than that and the just happened to be true.

Maybe Sam's... glitching?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:32 am

"A bloody terrifying idea," Sean said, "As she's an incarnation of the Morrigan."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:20 am

Emilie knitted her brow in thought.

"Maaayybeee you should tell her?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Sean continued to search through the tree tracing a larger ritual circle across multiple branches of the tree. It would probably be only truly visible from above.

"Aye, probably," Sean said, "Last thing we need is a goddess with a glitch."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:56 pm

Sean's ritual would give him a bit more detail about what just happened.

This bird had, indeed, moved out of this plane of reality. The hole it made was not a tear, so much as a cut. Clean to the point of surgical, the cut in the fabric of space time was already closed, the scar of it fading even as Sean looked at it, eventually disappearing entirely.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:43 pm

"Well, I found where there was a hole," Sean said thinking about what he'd observed. "It's already... healed, so if that was one of Sam's birds it's gone I cannot follow it without ripping a brand new and significantly less precise hole in the fabric of reality. This is... worrisome since last time there was a tear a pestilence of pixies came through and terrorized the campus."

Sean tried to look for a signature or any indication that an outside force had cut the hole, but he wasn't particularly hopeful given how subtle the hole itself was and that it had required a ritual to find in the first place.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:56 pm

Sean found no evidence suggesting what exactly had caused the cut, but it seemed the crow itself could have given it's strange nature.

Nothing appeared to be coming in or out at this point, it was extremely clean handiwork.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:15 pm

"No sign of outside forces making the hole, so guess the Morrigan might have a glitch," Sean said, "Or one of her Raven's has decided it wants to run away and join the extra-dimensional circus."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:06 am

"Is either way particularly good?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:53 am

"That's hard to say," Sean said, "Might also be a perfectly normal goddess with ravens... thing. Could also be the sign of the apocalypse I suppose."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:57 am

The end of the world seemed to leave his female companion completely unaffected. She shrugged.

"Well, lemme know if you need anything else from me regarding disappearing birbs. I gotta deal with my stolen/not stolen bike now if we're all done."
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:55 am

"An odd situation that," Sean said, "Your friend often stealing bikes and running amok?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:58 am

"I don't even know man. He does some weird shit in his youth." She states with what probably sounds like weird verbiage to anyone not Victor himself, or perhaps the headmistress.
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:38 pm

"Er, Quite?" Sean said a statement becoming a confused sounding question as he processed what Emilie said.
Sean Hall
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate