Wintery wizardry wandering-y

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

Wintery wizardry wandering-y

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:57 pm

Too long in the point staring at his notes would make a person a bit off, so Sean walked across the grounds to clearn his mind. He had forgotten his coat, but seemed unbothered by the cold. It likely, possibly, helped that he was using a minor spell to keep himself warm.

((Open))
Sean Hall
Student

Re: Wintery wizardry wandering-y

Postby Narrator » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:27 pm

As Sean walks, he sees a red vintage Vespa parked in one of the bike racks. A bit inconvenient to actual bicyclists perhaps, and there's a tire skid mark on the pavement nearby.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:06 pm

Sean stares at the Vespa as he wanders towards the building the bike rack is in front of. He looks at the skid marks on the pavement, and cannot help but wonder at well, the oddness of somebody riding a Vespa during the winter. He then found himself wondering what the possible rush could have been that had somebody leaving skid marks. He found it somewhat relaxing focusing on something that was rather... distant from what had happened over the last few days.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:07 am

Emilie hadn't really been looking for the bike. She'd been busy running errands. She had been using her arts and crafts skills since the fall to build up a large collection of different things to sell for Christmas money, and had been delivering them around campus.

She did stop and look at her bike with Sean though.

"Huh."
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:28 am

"Your scooter?" Sean asked looking over at Emilie.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:39 am

"Yeeeeaaa technically? But I share it with someone else who sometimes thinks he's super clever sooooo...

Ssssoooorrrryyy." She laughed awkwardly, thinking Victor did this for some reason.
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:26 pm

"No need to apologize," Sean said waving off the apology. "Just didn't expect anybody to be riding a scooter during the winter. Though guess if you're in a bit of a rush anything will do."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:54 am

"Like I said, he sometimes thinks he is smarter than he actually is." She laughed.

"You didn't need that spot didja?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:57 pm

"No, I was just drawn to the oddness of it. Bright red scooter during winter, tire tracks, and... that curiosity is probably how I get myself into such interesting situations," Sean said, "Sorry, don't think we've met. I'm Sean."

Sean extends his hand for a handshake.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:58 am

"Emilie." She replies with a smile, taking his hand for a firm and enthusiastic shake.

"So what's yer bag Sean?" She asks out of polite conversation while she attempts to remove the scooter from the bike rack.
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:21 pm

"Magic," Sean said, "And being not a mutant, but still attending a school intended for mutants. Yours?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:34 pm

The scooter is a little tangled up in the rack, like someone just tossed it in there. Or rammed it in there while tearassing around like a maniac, if the skid marks are any indication. It's not damaged, but it's wedged in there a bit and takes a bit of work for Emilie to extricate.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Emilie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Em assesses the situation, then ends up summoning up a small force field around her hand and lightly punches one of the side bars holding the moped in place.

"Something like that." She smirked as she unwedged the bike.

"Get into a lot of Scooby Doo hijinks where the wizard ghosts are actually wizard ghosts and not dudes in masks pretending to be wizard ghosts?"
Last edited by Basil Benson on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:23 pm

"More or less," Sean smiled. "It'd be nice if it involved more unmasking and less extra dimensional entities trying to eat the world."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:35 am

"That's the shit thing about being Sorcerer Supreme I guess. Job's never done.

But I suppose if you're here you gotta minute until then." She laughs.
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:35 pm

"Be more than a minute and right now I'm thinking I'd really rather not have that job," Sean smiled. "Maybe just find carve myself out a quiet corner of the multiverse somewhere instead."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:58 pm

"What do not Sorcerer Supreme wizards do mostly?

Posting Hogwarts acceptance letters?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:28 pm

"Probably," Sean chuckled. "Or die of narural causes at the ripe old age of 538 leaving behind cryptic texts that the next generation will spend lifetimes deciphering."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:21 am

"Soooooo voodoo geocaching. Got it." She laughed back.
Emilie
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:23 am

Something seemingly familiar catches Sean's peripheral vision, but it seems to be dancing just outside his field of view when he looks at Emilie.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:47 am

"Except it takes place inside dusty old...," Sean says before the 'movement' causes him to trail off his face taking on a mre serious exoression. He turns to see whatever it is flitting around the edges of where he's looking.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:08 am

What Sean sees perched alone in a tree is a raven, all on it's lonesome.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Emilie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:08 am

Emilie notices Sean's trail off, and notices he is looking at something, but she can't tell what. She furrows her brow in the direction he is looking.
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:21 am

Sean stares at the lone raven.

"Odd," Sean said beginning to look around to see if Sam was somewhere nearby before realizing he was looking a bit eccentric again. "Er, sorry it's just... something odd. Maybe magically odd... Unless you can see that raven over there in that tree?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:26 am

"Nah my dude. I don't see shit." Emilie admits, though for some reason tries squinting anyways.

"Maybe it's Sam's?" She replies, mimicking Sean's own feelings on the topic.
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:32 am

"Maybe," Sean said raising an eyebrow at Emilie knowing about Sam's ravens if she couldn't see the one in the tree. "Suppose the easiest way to find out is to go investigate, aye? Can be a guest star in this week's episode of Scooby-Doo."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:49 am

"Oh oh! I wanna be Batman!" She exclaims excitedly, darting in the direction Sean and herself were looking.
Emilie
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:49 am

As they approached, the bird casually took flight to get out of their reach, as wild animals often did when they were confronted. Emilie's shouts probably didn't help.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:15 am

Sean attempted to follow the raven as it tried to fly away. He opened his senses to the flow of magic wondering if the raven might beven anchored tof someplace or if this was something else entirely. Like a normal raven, a normal invisible raven.

"Try not to scare the... target we're tailing batman," Sean said with a slight smile.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:25 am

Sean could tell it was leaving a trail behind it that was definitely otherworldly and not of the 'normal invisible raven' variety. The fingerprints it left on it's environment mirrored Sam's ravens perfectly, but if it was definitely was not anchored to this place.

The bird darted deep into another tree to hide.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Emilie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:25 am

"Oh! sorry." She replied in a harsh whisper, following Sean since she couldn't see the bird he was checking out.
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:01 pm

Sean followed the raven grateful for the moment that it left a trail of sorts to follow.

"It's leaving a trail, so i can track it. It feels very similar to Sam's. It seems odd to see one of her ravens alone doesn't it?" Sean asked.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Emilie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:35 am

"I dunno." She says, shrugging. "I've never seen them."
Emilie
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:36 am

When Sean gets to the base of the tree, he feels the signature swell, and disappear a moment later.

He can no longer see or feel the target he had followed after.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:52 am

"Well, the raven has... vanished into this tree," Sean says walking over to the tree in question and looking up into it's branches looking to see if there was a clue before he dipped into magic. "That sounded slightly less ridiculous in my head."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:57 am

There doesn't seem to be any obvious reason the bird would just disappear about the tree itself: no openings or any such thing. Just a tree.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Emilie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:57 am

"Maybe she's done creepin'." Emilie commented with obvious implications.
Emilie
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:12 am

"Maybe or maybe somebody is taking the piss," Sean said as he began tracing a rune onto the tree with his hand. Glowing lines formed in starts and stops as Sean drew the rune. The rune was seemingly out of sync with reality making ones eyes water if somebody looked at it too hard or for too long. It wasn't a particularly potent spell, but one meant to remove veils, to make something obfuscated become obvious.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:20 am

Nothing proved to be hidden to the naked eye. It was as if it was there, and then went somewhere else entirely.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm

"Do you like climbing trees, Batman?" Sean asked looking up into the branches of the tree.
Sean Hall
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate