Burning Off Steam

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

Re: Burning Off Steam

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:54 am

"Mmm. Not so sure about that one, mate. They're bloody stupid, but violent intervention ain't my cup of tea."
Null

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:07 am

Aiden shrugged.

"The offer doesn't make you a Praetorian," Aiden said, "There is another Genoshan student here, Drake. He's here as part of a Genoshan scholarship program. Not all roads in Gemosha lead to violence."
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:26 am

"Well, I'll consider it, at the least. I will admit, I am perhaps judging you by the standards of my universe, where most Genoshans I met had apparently received the ceremonial stick shoved up their asses."
Null

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:37 am

"Some Genoshans certainly have," Aiden said, "Sometimes more than one or special extra rigid ones it seems."
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:46 am

"I suppose that's not specifically Genoshan related, but sometimes, it's better safe than sorry."
Null

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:31 am

Aiden shrugged.

"I take no offense at your poorly informed opinions," Aiden said, "They are expected. Otherwise I wouldn't have been sent on this goodwill mission in the first place."

Aiden paused.

"But what you say is true. Nothing wrong with being cautious."
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:35 am

"So, how goes the Goodwill mission?"
Null

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:22 am

"I'm not sure," Aiden said, "Some of the students distrust me because I'm Genoshan and I'm still figuring out how to... negotiate that. I was considering joining the X-team program. See if helping to save the world would change some minds. Plus it would mean doing more than leaping over hedges and punching machines."
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:30 am

"Hmm. Not sure the reaction you'd get there, though I suppose it's always worth a shot," the boy decided.
Null

Postby Aiden Mitchell » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:46 am

"At least better than doing nothing," Aiden shrugged.
Aiden Mitchell

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:53 am

"Then come to the next training session, and if anyone gives you lip, I'll punch 'em in the mouth."
Null

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate