If you live to be 100,I want to live to 100,minus 1

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

If you live to be 100,I want to live to 100,minus 1

Postby Basil Benson » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:06 am

Colette had seen precious little of Basil privately for the last two weeks while he was helping Jezabelle prep for the party. She would see him when their party duties overlapped, but at no other time. He did still have classes and work after all.

On the morning of Valentine's Day, Colette would find a box outside her door. Someone dropped it off, knocked on the door, and bolted. Colette could easily guess who by the retreating empty suit and the tittering that accompanied it as it walked off briskly.

Inside the box was a new head to toe outfit including undergarments, something previous boxes had pointedly not contained. Someone was pressing his luck today.

There was also a note with a makeshift map.

'Your presence is requested at this location.' The map wasn't great but if she followed it, she would find him.
Basil Benson
Student

High Concept: Unwitting Heir to a Secret Legacy
Aspect: More Money Than Sense
Aspect: Ward of Unwanted Protectors
Aspect: Inconsistently Invisible
Aspect: Weirdness Magnet
Aspect: Covert Pervert

Re: If you live to be 100,I want to live to 100,minus 1

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:20 am

Between party preparation and the ramping up toward midterms, Colette didn't have a lot of free time either, which made it even more difficult for the two to cross paths privately. The knock on her door came when she was still in her PJs, the short-haired woman looking up and down the hallway before seeing the fleeing delivery boy. Smiling to herself she took the box inside and sat on her bed with her legs crossed, opening the box on her lap. What followed was several minutes of cooing and gasping as she examined every object in detail, even a couple of racier items.

Several minutes later Colette exited her room dressed in the outfit Basil had picked out for her. Checking the "map" again she headed down the hallway and down the stairs, leaving the building entirely as she followed its directions.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

High Concept: Dreamer Despite the Odds
Aspect: Density Is Not a Formality
Aspect: Everything is Sexier In France
Aspect: Beware the Cute Ones
Aspect: Hair of Goo, Heart of Gold

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:35 am

Eventually Colette would find herself heading towards the treeline where she'd find Basil waiting for her. He was wearing one of his usual suits, but he'd paired it with a vest and bowtie made out of the same material as her dress. They matched.

He was wearing a derby with two red feathers, cut at angles and paired together to make a heart shape, then pinned to the band. He had a picnic basket, and a large beach bag.

The invisible man stood stone still as he watched her approach.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Colette's self was a much lighter shade of pink that usual, perhaps on purpose so that she would better contrast the vibrant red. As she approached she placed her hands behind her back and was unable to hide her grin.

"Basil Benson, if you keep zis up you are going to spoil me rotten." She reached out to run a gloved finger along one of the little feathers in his hat,tapping the brim just enough to offset it ever so slightly.

"I am not complaining, however."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:33 pm

The playfulness caused Basil to appear to Colette, smiling from behind the brim of his own hat.

"Controlled spoiling is called fermentation, the scientific process that creates one of my favourite things.

Why not apply the science to my favourite person?" He asked, tilting his hat back to it's appropriate position so he could see.

"Up for a little picnic in the woods?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:16 pm

"Ooh, I wonder what I shall become. Will you settle for a nice bubbly champagne? No, I zink you would much prefer a Marsala."

Colette offered to take one of the bags for him so that she could take her by the arm if he so chose, though perhaps he preferred to be the beast of burden and let her walk ahead.

"I would adore a picnic in ze woods. It would be like somezing from a fairy tale."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:47 pm

"I do enjoy versatility and sweetness." He noted allowed.

Basil had no issue carrying the things, but her want to take something so that she could hold him over-rode his need to carry everything himself in that strange logic land that was his mind.

"Don't imagine me too idyllic, madame. You might be disappointed to learn that my intentions aren't to have some fae folk wed us in a Bohemian fashion.

Very little so pure passes my thoughts." He added, smirking and allowing her to carry the lighter of the two bags.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:06 pm

Colette's arm stretched a little bit under the weight before she evened herself out, just one of those little quirks of her nature.

"Oh, I should have guessed, given ze contents of your gift." Colette was still smiling as the two walked together. "Which was absolutely lovely, by ze way. Zank you so much." She was getting better at not gushing over everything and insisting it was too much, but she still had to thank the boy.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:28 pm

"You are most welcome. I'm always happy to give when the end result suits my purposes."

Basil replied, reminding her that the gift giving, at least with her, wasn't as altruistic as she made it out to be.

They wouldn't walk too far out into the woods, just far enough for some privacy. Basil would ask for the return of the bag Colette was holding, and would empty and lay out it's contents. First a tarp, followed by a blanket on top. He brought a second blanket too, in case she found it too chilly out, and a single cushion for her to sit upon. They were all laid under a tree carefully around it's roots.

"There you are Madame. Wouldn't want the forest floor to get your pretty things all dirty."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:19 pm

Colette handed Basil back the bag and watched as he prepared their little nest under the tree, gently tucking her dress just right before sitting herself upon the little cushion.

"Of course not. Zat honour is reserved for you alone."

She was still getting used to just... letting Basil do things for her instead of helping, but she was getting better at it, watching him with a tight-lipped smile as she sat sidesaddle.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:46 pm

Basil giggled, and opened up the picnic basket he had brought to start laying out the food items. They were all in glass sealed containers which would explain why he would have given Colette the other bag, this one was likely a bit weighty.

Laid out for her were several different types of foods. Scotch eggs, cucumber sandwiches cut into fingers, and caramelized onion tarts as well as two jars filled with two different things. One had what looked to be sweet potato salad in one, the other, cream and jellied fruits. It was a dessert concoction that Colette may have reconized as Eton Mess. One had strawberries, the other, apricot.

He would also set out two boxes of black currant juice and a cutesy pastel thermos with strawberry mint tea inside.

"Bon appetit."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:16 am

Colette propped herself up with one arm, the other resting on her lap as she watched Basil carefully lay out each item.

"You know, I have never had a proper English picnic before. Zis all looks so wonderful." She started with one of the tarts while she examined the thermos curiously.

"Zis is ze most ridiculous zermous I have ever seen. I love it."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:45 am

Basil laughed. " I'm glad I'm appealing to your aesthetic." He grabbed a finger sandwich and popped it between his teeth, then pulled out a book, the Outlander.

"If you're interested, I thought I could read to you."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:16 am

Colette set the thermos aside for a moment, saving the tea for dessert and instead taking one of the juice boxes, already beginning to pick at the other offerings Basil had provided.

"Zat... would be lovely." She tried not to let out a wistful sigh, this was like something off of the cover of a romance novel.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:29 am

" I have others if you like. This ones popular, but I have others that get to the point faster. It's up to you." He replied, working on his lunch still.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:47 am

Colette shook her head. " No, I zink zis will be just fine." In truth it was more the company and gesture that mattered to her than the subject matter being read. The woman reached for a scotch egg; she had to sample absolutely everything and knowing Basil's eating habits and attitude concerning food she'd be devouring more than her fair share, but it would be a shame to let it go to waste.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:02 am

Basil would finish his bit of sandwich and take a separate thermos from her own to clear his mouth and throat so he could read aloud to her.

He made himself comfortable against the tree, leaning his back in the trunk and opening the book to begin reading. So far, the book was about a woman who lived post second world war, and was on holiday with her husband.

It actually didn't take long at all to 'get to the point', and Basil was already saying things out loud that he had said privately in whispers but never so casually out loud before.

He paused after chapter two to let Colette collect herself.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:16 am

Colette didn't realize the content of the book at first, but once it became more graphic her cheeks flushed ever so softly. Still, this wasn't her first rodeo, so if Basil had expected her to become an embarrassed mess he'd be sorely disappointed as she continued to feed herself. During the pause she leaned back against the tree as well, repositioning herself to sit a little more comfortably - if less gracefully. When he paused she didn't say a word, just turning to smile at him and resting her hand on his knee, just wanting to be closer to him in that idyllic little moment when it was just the two of them.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:29 am

"We've till the party if you want me to continue. I am a quick reader." He offered, taking up a scotch egg, something his grandmother definitely wouldn't have approved of him eating.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:37 am

"Unless you have other plans for ze afternoon, I am very, very content to remain here as long as we can."

Colette wasn't about to lecture Basil about his morals, she was just happy to see him eating. And really, who didn't enjoy a nice egg? Either way she scooted a little closer so that she could touch her shoulder to his as they rested.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:49 am

Basil finished his snack and leant back into the tree again, reaching to take up the book.

" Would you like to sit closer?" He offered.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:03 am

Colette nodded softly. "Yes, zat would be lovely." Provided he wasn't sitting atop a root or something in the process.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:09 am

Basil motioned for the cushion and when she relented it to him, he spread his legs out a bit and plopped it into his lap, his legs sprawled out in front of him.

Then he fluffed the pillow with his hands as a signal for her to sit down again.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:45 am

Colette pushed herself onto her knees before maneuvering herself to sit across Basil's lap, draping an arm around his neck in the process. "Much better. No?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:55 am

"Mmmmmhmmmm." He replied, wrapping an arm around her waist and snuggling his chin in her shoulder.

Once they were snuggled in he would go back to reading to her.

The book turned out to be a romance novel about a nurse named Claire who falls into a druids circle and is transported back in time to 18th century Scotland and ended up betrothed to a Scotsman with less than progressive ideas, even by 1940s standards. Claire intends to find a way back before she falls in love with the Scotsman Jamie, because she's already married to Frank back in the 1940s.

It was a pretty in-depth narrative to try to avoid having to admit Claire was basically past-times sleeping around.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:21 am

Colette carefully removed Basil's hat before resting her head against his own, not wanting to put a dent in it but also not wanting to push it down against his ears and make him uncomfortable. Plus she found his hair soft and inviting. Since she'd gone more "solid" while eating she wasn't about to leave behind any sort of residue either, so he didn't have to fear for that. She closed her eyes, occasionally taking a sandwich or tart from a container, or a sip of tea from her thermos.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:44 am

Basil was contented to allow her to snuggle into him at her leisure. He would adjust his volume down due to her being so close.

Eventually when she proved her hunger to be satiated and had settled still and was simply listening to him, he would pause at the end of a chapter and whisper-

"You're quite the distraction from this incredibly important piece of literature you know. What if I miss a detail in this clearly soon to be infidelity story?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:47 pm

Colette let out a soft sigh, not even bothering to open her eyes. Not that she really needed to, it was all for the sake of keeping up appearances.

"Zen you will not be disappointed when ze movie for straying from zat piece of source material."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:00 am

" Oh? Does she return to a later timeline where Frank dies having searched his remaining lifespan for her only to die in a tragic traffic collision while crossing the street after hanging up the missing woman posters?

Oh waaaiiit... maybe she travels into a dystopian future too, and becomes a cyborg in a rights revolution. That would be aces."

Basil starts flipping forward through pages in jest, as if he were checking.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:17 am

"Yes. To all of it."

Colette opened an eye to watch the boy be playful. "Time for a break?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 am

"I should probably have a little drink yes. Otherwise I won't have my voice for later."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:11 am

Colette nodded her head. "Take a fuckin sip, babe."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:30 am

Basil smirked, figuring it was one of her jokes he didn't get. She had a few of those. When he leant over her to get his thermos, he shifted her a little into an almost cradling position to make sure she wasn't too disturbed by him moving.

"So you do know swear words besides 'shit'."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:56 am

"Cursing is like dark sesame oil, it should be used sparingly to get the greatest impact and flavour. Too much spoils everyzing."

Colette was kind of like a bird, in that Basil could move around under her and she remained in the same position.

"Perhaps you would like me to take a turn reading, so zat you have more time to recover?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:41 am

" If you'd like to." He replied, the book in their mutual lap as he drank.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:59 pm

Colette picked up the book and after a moment picked up from where Basil had left off. Her voice was slower than his, the rhythm off and her pronunciation of certain words was silly - but what would one expect from someone for whom English as a second language?

Had the servant become the master? Not really. People talk to their pets all the time.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:50 pm

Basil was making it harder for her to read than she did for him. At first, he sat quietly and just drank his tea, contented to listen to her.

But once he'd seemingly finished drinking, he lent his back against the tree to watch her.

Watching turned into leering, his eyes roaming down her silhouette slowly, ending not where Colette might expect it to, but at her feet resting gently on the ground at the other end of his lap.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:47 am

Part way through the chapter Colette noticed Basil's gaze, even though from all appearances her eyes were half-lidded and staring at the pages. Indeed, her "eyeballs" didn't move back and forth to scan the page as others did, which might be a little eerie if anyone ever noticed. She began to make up the story to check and see if Basil was paying attention, while slowly rolling her foot counter-clockwise at the ankle.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:31 am

"Why did Sardonyx just suplex Claire?" Basil replied with his head rotating with her ankle, proving he could do two things at once.

"That seems out of character and also cross universe AF."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:50 am

"Oh, I was just testing you. Colette replied, het foot coming to a stop.

"Are you admiring my footwear? Zey should not be a surprise, you picked zem out for me after all."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate