Truly A-maze-ing

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

Truly A-maze-ing

Postby Theresa McMasters » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:46 pm

There's a strange warping around the entrance to the hedge maze and a potentially familiar figure stumbles out, sinking to her knees and breathing hard. She looks around, taking in the warped skyline, before shutting her eyes tight and sinking her fingers into the dirt.

((Open))
Theresa McMasters

Re: Truly A-maze-ing

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:07 pm

“Hello?” a deep voice calls out.

Trev had been walking towards class across the grounds when pandemonium hit and he’d been distractedly wandering around campus taking pictures with his phone, once he finally got it restarted, even though his network connection was tenuous at best.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:09 pm

"Here," the young woman manages to croak out, still not opening her eyes. "Who's there?"
Theresa McMasters

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Doesn’t...sound dangerous...?

Trev approached slowly, sliding his phone into his pocket to keep both hands free. "My name's Trev," he said hesitantly, finally coming around the corner and into view. "Don't recognize your voice...are you a student here?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:53 pm

She opens her eyes and looks at him. "Trev? Is that you?"
Theresa McMasters

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:02 pm

It sure looked like Trev!

He froze in place, apparently trying to find words. Shit...should I know this person. I don't know this person. She's cute. But. No. I haven't heard anyone with that voice here...have I?

"It's... um. Yeah, it's me Trev. Uh...who are you?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:05 pm

Her eyes narrow and begin to glow, "If you're going to impersonate someone, you should be more convincing." She rises to her feet, wind picking up and electricity crackling around her hands. "Now, tell me the truth. Who are you?"
Theresa McMasters

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:25 pm

Well this took an unexpected turn. Was campus being invaded again?

Trev dropped into a defensive stance, "You're the intruder that needs to be convincing I think. Stop the light show or I'll defend myself however I have to."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:35 pm

"My X-Men friends call me Tempest. If you were actually Trev, you'd know that." The light show continues to crackle around her fingers.
Theresa McMasters

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:44 pm

"I am an X-Man. There's no one named Tempest," he said icily.

"Good night!" he smirked before opening his mouth and letting out a painfully high pitched scream he had been working on to incapacitate people with far less property damage.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:52 pm

The sound hits her just as she goes to release a wind blast of her own, sending her back to her knees as a small tornado spins towards Trev, now somewhat uncontrolled.
Theresa McMasters

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:07 pm

Trev made a split second decision to hold his ground and keep screaming and see if he could get her to yield. It was just wind...he could fly...sort of...ish.

It was a "great" plan but he got pulled up into the funnel cloud just seconds later and he immediately regretted the decision as he was flung upwards and finally outwards at high velocity.

"SHIIIIIIIT" he swore, loud enough for most of campus to hear.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:25 pm

There's the noise of large wings beating the air as a dragon made of glowing magma swoops down, snatching him from the air in its front claws. "Gotcha, sweetheart," the creature says, beaming down at him as it wings over and heads away from the tornado.
Gemma Sloan

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:36 pm

The impact of getting plucked out of the air by a giant dragon shut up Trev. He stared up at Gemma wide-eyed and not really sure what to do.

Oh god. What. What the fuck?

Trev didn't squirm; he didn't want to be dropped or worse, squeezed, and...maybe this was an ally?

"Um. Thanks..." he shouted up at the dragon over the rushing wind.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:41 pm

"Anytime," the dragon says, taking them a bit out over the grounds and away from the angry weather witch before she begins to descend, setting him gently on the ground before landing close by on the ground with a rocky thud. "You okay?"
Gemma Sloan

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:53 pm

The dragon seemed friendly enough...and also strangely familiar with him? Not a great start considering that's how he got thrown into the air in the first place.

"So. Um. And I mean this as nicely as possible and please don't be offended..."

and eat me

"Who are you? I asked the same question to... Tempest I guess she called herself...and she attacked me even though she's the one that just showed up on campus with...everything else that showed up," he said gesturing at the strange skyline and everything else around them that wasn't right.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:06 pm

"Did you hit your head?" She starts peering on his hair, her breath warm. "I'm Gemma, your girlfriend." One clawed forefoot holds up two digits. "How many fingers am I holding up?"
Gemma Sloan

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:43 pm

Trev, truth be told, was starting to wonder if he *had* hit his head or something. None of this was making much sense.

“Two,” he replied, foggily. “I didn’t know you could...” he started but trailed off. He didn’t know much about his girlfriend. Maybe fey could always turn into dragons? “Never mind. But thanks for saving my ass as usual,” he smiled.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:08 pm

"Have to take care of you," she says with a laugh. "Any idea what's going on?"
Gemma Sloan

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:14 pm

"I....almost wonder if there's a dimensional incursion. There's all of that strange crap on the skyline over there," he said, pointing,"and that building," he turned around and gestured, "Is...not supposed to be there even though it sort of looks like it belongs."

"Glad you're here. We make a pretty good team. Hopefully we can make sense of this.."

He looked up at Gemma and smiled. "You look really cool like this."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:40 pm

"Thanks," she says, bumping her rocky head gently against his.
Gemma Sloan

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:23 am

"Maybe we take to the sky? See if we can get a better picture of what is going on from above?" he suggested. "For the sale of your ears maybe I..."

Phrasing?

"Well uh. Ride you."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:11 am

"I would, but the air's kind of strange up there," she said, "but if you'd rather not walk, you're still welcome to ride."
Gemma Sloan

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:28 am

“Well. I could get up there myself, but you seem to be a whole lot better at this than me,” he smiled.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:50 pm

"Wings help," she says, lowering herself to the ground so he can hop up on her back.
Gemma Sloan

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Trev clambered up onto Gemma’s back and got himself settled. “Alright, I think I have a good grip. Why don’t we just circle a few times. I’ll try to get some pictures from above.”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:47 pm

"I'm going to have to stay low. Like I said, things get strange up there." She takes a short run and takes off. It's not exactly a smooth takeoff, but he doesn't seem to be in danger of falling off.
Gemma Sloan

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:56 pm

Trev was riding a dragon! His girlfriend could turn into a dragon! This was AWESOME.

“Define weird,” he asked, getting over the euphoria and pulling out his phone to take some pictures and videos of the campus from above.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:57 pm

"Space gets warped and you can suddenly end up upside down."
Gemma Sloan

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:31 pm

“...that wouldn’t be ideal,” he agreed, snapping more pictures and some video also as he panned around and up as well.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:06 pm

"Got the pictures you want? We should probably get back to the ground."
Gemma Sloan

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:13 pm

“Just one more...” he said, taking a selfie that got a pretty good view of him and Gemma’s tail soaring over the grounds.

“Okay. We’re good. Let’s get down there then.”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Gemma glided back down to the ground, landing relatively gently for a big rocky dragon.
Gemma Sloan

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Across the grounds, Trev might catch sight of a short-ish, pointy-eared blonde running in their direction.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:05 pm

Trev started to climb down, and mid-climb he saw his girlfriend running towards them.

But he was with his girlfriend. Who...turned into a dragon. Like you do...shit. This wasn't good.

He tripped while processing all of this a fell a good five feet back off Gemma and landed hard on his back, knocking the wind right out of him with an audible thud and grunt.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:14 pm

The elf woman stopped and her armor and sword flared to life. "Away from my boyfriend, creature!"
Gemmalara

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:15 pm

"Your boyfriend?!" The dragon growled, eyes flaring even brighter. "I don't know who you are, but Trev is my boyfriend." Flames begin to flicker at the corners of her mouth.
Gemma Sloan

Postby Trev Anderson » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:17 pm

Trev was seeing stars a bit, and couldn’t make any noise other than kind of gasping ineffectually so he mostly rolling around on the ground like a turtle flipped upside down and trying to gesture something, but it was so flail-y that it was hard to know what he was trying to say.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:25 pm

"What did you do to him, beast?" Gemma says, lunging for the dragon, slamming her shield into the dragon's head, forcing her away and putting herself between Trev and the dragon.
Gemmalara

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:26 pm

"Who are you calling... Ow!" Gemma stumbles sideways, the glowing cracks in her stone skin getting brighter.
Gemma Sloan

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate