Rocky Road

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

Rocky Road

Postby Sara Evans » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:54 pm

The ground in the gardens suddenly lurches upwards in a good five foot radius, soon followed by a rocky hand bursting through the topsoil. Finding a root of a tree to grab on to a vaguely humanoid golem pulls itself from the ground, sputtering and swiping at the grassy roots it's covered in as it sheds soil all around itself, slowly turning into a young brown-haired woman wearing an unfamiliar (to some) X-Men uniform that's cut off at the knees and elbows. She shakes her head to get rid of some residual bits of grass and stuff before the general chaos of the skyline catches her attention.

"Oh no... that's propably not good..."
Sara Evans

Re: Rocky Road

Postby Narrator » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:57 pm

Perhaps more distressing is the smoking luxury flying car bearing down on her.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sara Evans » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:59 pm

For a moment she freezes with a choked yelp, then sinks into the ground to her knees while pulling up earth and rock up around herself in a big cocoon of sorts.
Sara Evans

Postby Narrator » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:03 pm

The vehicle hits the ground and digs a furrow in the soil before striking the stone cocoon with a screech of crushing metal.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sara Evans » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:12 pm

The rock mostly withstands the impact, though it tilts a bit when the car slams into it, metal deforming around the grounded slab of granite.

After a couple moments of the dust settling and the cacophony of the crash dieing down the rock slowly, hesitatingly, shrinks back down to a human figure, anxiously peering over the wreckage in front of her.
Sara Evans

Postby John Hino » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:20 pm

The driver side door was suddenly thrown off of the vehicle and a familiar hulk of a lizardman clad in a skin of darkforce pulled himself out. Though did he always have hair and horns, or wear an expensive suit?

"Oh. Sara. Wait... why do you look so young?" he asked, frowning at a torn sleeve.
John Hino

Postby Sara Evans » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:31 pm

"Wh-what? John, right...? Is this... you hit me with a car..." she says, not really accusatory and more a little shell-shocked. "And I'm fine?" she adds, patting herself down some.
Sara Evans

Postby John Hino » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:39 pm

"Sorry about that. One minute I'm heading here to do a guest lecture, the next all my systems are freaking out and I'm dropping out of the sky."
John Hino

Postby Sara Evans » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:40 pm

"You hit me with a flying car..." she realizes. "Where am I?"
Sara Evans

Postby John Hino » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:57 pm

"The university... although it seems as though that's debatable," he said, looking at the jumble around them.
John Hino

Postby Sara Evans » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:00 pm

"I'll say! One moment I'm going down a tunnel to check out some disturbance with the rest of the team, the next I'm stuck in the bloody ground... And now this. You are John, right? Not his dad or something?"
Sara Evans

Postby John Hino » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:09 pm

"I am John," he answered a little distractedly as his mental gears turned. "... temporal anomaly? Dimensional maybe... both?"
John Hino

Postby Sara Evans » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:09 pm

"What do we do? Is there something we can do?"
Sara Evans

Postby John Hino » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:10 pm

"For starters, we find the other X-Men. If this is what I think it is, there will be quite a few of us."

As he spoke, his armor layer receded.
John Hino

Postby Sara Evans » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:24 pm

Sara watches, mouth slightly agape.

"You seem to have some idea of what's going on. Is this the future? This isn't campus. Well... not all of it anyway."
Sara Evans

Postby John Hino » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:36 pm

"It looks like several campuses overlapping eachoth... what?" he replied, noticing her expression mid-sentence.
John Hino

Postby Sara Evans » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:42 pm

"Nothing, just... I've never seen you without the armor."
Sara Evans

Postby John Hino » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:50 pm

"Really? I guess your me hasn't gotten his scales yet. Still a teenager I assume?"
John Hino

Postby Sara Evans » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:25 pm

"College student." she says a bit defensively.
Sara Evans

Postby John Hino » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:34 pm

"Yeah, I probably would have resented that too. Sorry."

"Let's... get looking. Maybe we'll get lucky and find someone soon," he said, picking a direction and walking.
John Hino

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate