[Plot] Stranac

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

Re: Stranac

Postby Narrator » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:22 pm

"She plays things very close to the vest. That is good. That will get the both of you out of this situation alright," Kristoff nodded.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:28 pm

"Would you please tell me what's going on? What situation do we need to get out of?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Postby Narrator » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:56 pm

"I can not be too specific here; the walls have ears. But know that if the two of you need to get away quickly, there are operatives close at hand," Kristoff said, continuing to be mysterious.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out what looked like a credit card with a small red button on it. "This card will send a signal at ultra high frequencies. If the two of you decide you're in over your head and need backup, this will summon a car down by the Maldon docks. Do not press it unless you are willing to go, is that clear?"
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:12 pm

"Like a panic button? O...kay? Sure, I'll only press this if it's absolutely necessary?" Nailah looks at the man, down at the mysterious button and back at the man. She is beyond confused.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:59 pm

"It can not be unpressed, if you catch my meaning," he said, solemnly.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:28 pm

"Right. Got it. No take-backsies on the big panic button." she says, kind of awkwardly standing there for a moment. "Uhm, I'll be off then. Thanks! I guess! And I'm sure Katarina will be thankful too?" she says, giving the man a thumbs-up.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:29 pm

"Be careful. I am sure the princess would be despondent if anything were to happen to you, and we can not allow that to happen, yes?"
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:32 pm

Nailah nods curtly and makes her way towards the dorms, still hopelessly confused. Is something threatening Katarina? And why would they extract her roommate as well? She looks at the panic button in her hand and carefully puts it in her pocket. Glancing around to make sure she's far enough away from the strange man she stops and finds a shady spot under a tree to sit down with both legs to one side. She has to get to the bottom of this and, well, what better way to do it then to cast a glance at the possibilities. She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes, casting her attention out across the fractured landscape of reflected possibilities...

A couple rare instances of her pressing the button right away stand out, spinning off wildly into a confusing mess. In one she catches a glimpse of a bullet... no, something else... cleaving right through the base of her wing, sending her plummeting... Not that she needed confirmation that it would be a bad idea, but she still flinches at how bad.

As she reinforces that decision, cracks around her seal up, possibilities fading away. But that still doesn't give her an answer as to what's going on. She pushes harder, trying to focus on the shards of time that show her handing the remote over to Katarina. The cracks and edges throb with red hot pain everytime she grasps for a branch of the future but what's a little pain for something that's apparently this important. There's glimpses of parades, a crown, fires in the streets of an unfamiliar town, a clenched metal fist. It's too much to sort, to find a path through. And then suddenly she feels the shifting landscape of futures around her shudder. A winged shadow flies through the various scenes and futures around her, passing from one to another as if they were contiguous, moving and evading her gaze, always staying in the corner of her eyes.

And suddenly the fragments of future around her are send flying, twirling away as the fragmented mirror shudders in it's entirety. The steady ground around her, the present, suddenly grows. As fractured pieces fly into place she sees a flash of gunfire - a blond man collapsing to the ground - a strange looking key. And it doesn't stop. The sparkling infinity of possibilities is subsumed by a spreading stillness of a perfect, unchanging reflection and she loses her footing, falling into it like an infinitely narrow tunnel and at the end she sees wings and claws and a Sphinx standing triumphant--

Her eyes snap open. She'll deliver the remote to Katarina. That's kind of a given. And then she'll prepare to kill Hazard.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate