[Drama] The Hits Keep Coming

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

[Drama] The Hits Keep Coming

Postby Drake Martin » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:56 pm

Drake was sitting on a bench, jealously watching the distant winged mutant showing off for the new students. That should be him showboating, damn it! The small burning phoenix he couldn't seem to get rid of was circling overhead as if doing what Drake wished he could be. Then he was pulled from his reverie by his smartphone ringing. It was the ringtone that announced a call from home.

"Not now," he complained with a sigh.

Answering it, he said, "What do you want now, dad?"

"Is that any way to speak to your superior?"

"Sorry. It's been a demanding week."

"Yes. One that could have been avoided."

"You said I should make friends, how could I know a cyborg shark would show up?"

"You didn't have to join the fight. If they can't cure what you recklessly let happen to you in the next two weeks, I have orders to bring you home to... evaluate what this means for your continued usefulness."

"What?! Only that long?! At least give them a chance to fix me before you yank the leash!"

"You're lucky you have that long. Now... while I've got you, anything new to report?"

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"No, sir."

"Better, but lose the attitude. You'd be wise to remember where you stand."

"Yes sir. I know my place, sir."

"Good. Keep me apprised of any progress Mr. Narumi makes."

"Yes sir. I'll keep you informed."

"That is all. You are dismissed."

When he hung up, his phoenix exploded in size with a bang and dropped to the ground as a cerberus. He screamed in frustration.

(open)
Drake Martin
Student

High Concept: Dragonsouled
Aspect: Flyboy
Aspect: Genoshan Agent
Aspect: Bookwyrm

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate