[Social] Such is the Will of Doom!

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

[Social] Such is the Will of Doom!

Postby Victor Von Doom » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:57 pm

It's not every day that Victor Von Doom's private jet lands in the center of the Xaviers' University quad. But there it was, uninvited and unexpected.

The doors hissed open, a ramp extended, and a somewhat dazed and queasy Katarina Karkov, student of no real importance, staggered her way off the plane, still wearing a half-Latverian mask, a royal ballgown, and more jewelry than you could shake a stick at. A still-conscious Jezabelle Sherlock would be right behind her, dressed in Symkarian fineries of her own.

The other two passengers were in less good shape. A battered and bruised Nika Novak would be led to the infirmary for the second time in as many weeks; her gunshot wound to the shoulder paling in comparison to everything else she had experienced. And she would be joined by a masked stranger, securely restrained to a bed, on their way to get patched up in the infirmary.

Doom himself merely stood on the ramp, watching his guests disembark.

((Mostly just establishing everyone made it home, though open for people if'n they want!))
Victor Von Doom

Re: Such is the Will of Doom!

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:40 pm

A jet landing certainly hadn't escaped Ashlie's notice, much less one with the registered flight-number DOOM-JET. She still has to hurry to be on the lawn when it touches down but she make sit in time to watch the debarking of her students, casting a more confused than disapproving frown at the sight of the Latverian Monarch standing on the ramp. Or a robotic approximation. She certainly wasn't going to try and discern that and risk upsetting Viktor von Doom.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Victor Von Doom » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:59 pm

"Robot! I would advise keeping better track of your students in the future." Doom called out towards the disapproving headmistress.
Victor Von Doom

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:11 pm

"Far be it from me to interfere in foreign affairs, as dangerous as my students' acquaintances may be." Ashlie responds politely. "Though a courtesy call would be appreciated, my front-lawn is ill-equipped to receive jet-planes or heads of state."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Victor Von Doom » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:15 pm

"I would not expect any institute of so-called higher learning to be equipped for Doom's magnificence. Pay it no mind.

And I do not believe mercenaries for hire qualify as foreign affairs, unless Charles Xaviers' standards were lower than even I intuited."
Victor Von Doom

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:36 am

Upon landing Jezabelle had taken the time to fasten her coat and get herself in order, though the mangled hat had been left behind long ago in the castle courtyard. Still, compared to the injured parties and poor Katarina, she looked as though this sort of thing was an everyday occurance for her. Anyone familiar with the girl who was usually dressed in hoodies and sweats might find her current attire a bit of a change. She did her best to help Katarina down, the poor girl had been through quite enough already, but she did take the time to stop and observe the conversation between Von Doom and the headmistress, waiting for a brief lull before she spoke.

"Pardon me, Lord Doom. It should be obvious that I am grateful for your assistance in this matter, but that does not mean that my appreciation should be left unsaid. Little as it may be worth now, you have my most sincere thanks. But before we part ways, there is just one small favour I would ask of you.

"May I use you as a reference on my resume?"
Two's company, she's a...
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

High Concept: Soapbox Sadie with a Secret
Aspect: Painfully Situational Sociability
Aspect: Good is Not Soft
Aspect: Master Multitasker
Aspect: Gamer Chick
Aspect: Tumblr

Postby Victor Von Doom » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:14 am

"You wish the sanction of Doom?

You have become an object of minor interest to me, Jezabelle Sherlock. Take pains to see that you do not disappoint me in the future."
Victor Von Doom

Postby Masked Socialite » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:27 am

The Masked Merc’s breathing had improved during the flight, and she seemed stable for now.
Masked Socialite

Postby Katarina Karkov » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:30 pm

"I am going to go inside, and I am going to vomit," Katarina said, sotto voice. "And then I may well never leave my room again."
Katarina Karkov
Student

High Concept: Golden Girl
Aspect: Sheltered Upbringing
Aspect: Diplomatic Immunity
Aspect: Obliviously Privileged
Aspect: Real-Life Roleplayer
Aspect: Heart of...Well, You Get It

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:32 am

Jez gave Doom a silent bow before she helped Katarina walk toward the school. She also waited patiently beside the Headmistress as she assumed that there were going to be questions asked of her. Many, many questions.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:31 pm

"Go on ahead. You look tired. You can tell me what happened later." Ashlie says quietly. "I'll make sure those two are taken care of."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:09 am

"As you wish, headmistress. I will be available at your convenience." Jezabelle had been talking in "palace customer service" speak for so long that it was difficult for her to get out of that mindset. She gave her little coat a tug that would have made Sir Patrick Stewart proud before she went to join her other self in helping Katarina to her room.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate