DT1 - Testing things out ((Open))

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

DT1 - Testing things out ((Open))

Postby Charles Franklin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:44 am

Charles was sitting under a tree having decided he was going to practice doing things because well you're supposed to do things like that, right? He focused on trying to blend in and skin, muscles, and bone distended. Carapace formed and eventually his flesh began to change color to match the surroundings looking like a giant insect-like skin chameleon thing.

Well, this is different...

He thought to himself while looking at a clawed hand and it's changing colors.
Charles Franklin
Student

Re: DT1 - Testing things out ((Open))

Postby Gracie Rozear » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:13 am

Gracie stumbled out of the hedge maze, she'd been lost in there forever. Well, maybe forever was over selling it. She rounded a tree and came across something that startled her badly. She assumed it was another student, but it didn't stop her reaction of yelping and jerking to a stop. More so of a random appearance of something than the actual person, insect, thingy.

"Jeeze, warn a girl will ya." She grouched lightly. "Though...that is pretty cool. What are you doing?"
Gracie Rozear
Student

Postby Charles Franklin » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:57 pm

Charles reacted oddly for a monster and simply tried to hide until he realized the person he'd startled wasn't about to start shooting lightning bolts or eye lasers at him.

"Sorry, was just testing out this camouflage thing," Charles said, "it happened accidentally and now I'm trying to see how it works. Wasn't trying to startle anybody really though I probably should've realize I might just do that...and now I'm rambling."
Charles Franklin
Student

Postby Gracie Rozear » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:30 am

"Oh, it's fine. I got turned around in the hedge maze and stumbled out over here, I wasn't expecting it is all. So, have you figured out what it does, or did I interrupt you? Sorry, now I'm rambling." She said with a smile.

"Seriously though, I didn't mean to startle you either."
Gracie Rozear
Student

Postby Charles Franklin » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:04 pm

"It does this optical camouflage thing kind of like a chameleon or an octopus I guess," Charles said putting his hand on a tree and watching it change to a mottled bark color. "I was just seeing if I could do it again. My mutation is a bit... complicated sometimes I guess."

"You just wandering the hedge maze?"
Charles Franklin
Student

Postby Gracie Rozear » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:14 am

Gracie titled her head a little and watched his hand change. She nodded slightly when he said that his mutation was complicated, she would imagine many of the mutations people had could be rough. When he asked about the hedge maze she smiled a bit sheepishly.

"Well, I hadn't intended too, but I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been and got myself all discombobulated and took a while to get myself back out. My own fault for not paying better attention."
Gracie Rozear
Student

Postby Charles Franklin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:48 pm

"Well, I've heard people get lost in there all the time," Charles said, "I haven't tried it yet. Probably be too tempted to cheat by trying to shift into something taller than the maze, eh."
Charles Franklin
Student

Postby Gracie Rozear » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:09 pm

"I would consider that using it to your advantage more than cheating." Gracie said with a laugh. "I'm hardly the first to get turned around in there, I just usually take better care not to get completely distracted."
Gracie Rozear
Student

Postby Charles Franklin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:45 pm

"Distracted, eh?" Charles said beginning to shift back to normal and after a moment he was a perfectly normal kid. "What on earth could possibly be distracting around here?"
Charles Franklin
Student

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate