I2: Pixie Hunting Season

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

I2: Pixie Hunting Season

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:48 pm

Sean walked out to the estate to wait for Vivienne and the arrival of the West person that the headmistress had mentioned to him. He wanted to start hunting sooner rather than later to avoid the invaders going off campus into the world and causing havoc.
Sean Hall
Student

Re: I2: Pixie Hunting Season

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:44 am

Vivienne arrived, sword on her back, feet bare and eyes dark.

"Good eve." She smiled in greeting as she offered him a small glass vial.

"One drop in each eye."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:06 pm

"Thanks, Vivienne," Sean said before taking the offered vial and following Vivienne's directions. When he was finished he handed the vial back to Vivienne. "Alchemy did always sound like it would come in handy at some point."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:26 pm

"It has uses. Though, I am unsure if there are any druids still alive to teach you. Are we waiting for others?"

As Sean could now see the flow of magic. Vivienne was a Vivienne shaped brightness that moved, similarly to the way light danced off water. The longer he looked the more detail he would pick up as his eyes adjusted to what he was seeing.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:42 pm

"All that's left is old dusty tomes from what I could find, but maybe they are just very good at hiding."

Sean looked at Vivienne's form to adjust to what he'd see later to differentiate between different types of Fey invaders.

"I think it will just be the two of us for now," Sean said, "I didn't really want to invite anybody who couldn't defend themselves from magic, but I'm certainly not one to deny earnest assistance."

((I misread a post before so they aren't waiting for anybody))
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:21 pm

"We have all had to become very good at hiding."

Vivienne's fey magic moved and blended with what Sean might recognize as human based magic, Druid magic, but as he came to the knowledge a third magic moved through, this magic was dark and woven through Vivienne. The image of the contrasts was that of bindings that seemed to get thicker around her limbs and mouth.

"I will follow your lead, Sean, those who are here are not going to react to you as anything more than human until you use your magic."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:44 pm

Sean didn't want to pry too deeply into Vivienne's nature it felt too much like an invasion of privacy. However, he'd communicated with Fey few times and then only briefly. He had a healthy curiosity to see of things from the books he'd read we're true though despite not wanting to dig too deeply.

"That's a very polite way of calling me bait," Sean smirked before reaching out to find a trail to follow.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:02 pm

She smiled coyly and gave him a small shrug of her shoulders.

"You are most unexpected and having the element of surprise on our side will be beneficial."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:51 pm

Speaking of the element of surprise...there was the uncanny feeling they were being watched
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:09 pm

"Very well prepared bait," Sean said amicably enough whilst pushing his sensory powers a bit to try and figure why he suddenly felt a sense of paranoia,
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:27 pm

It turns out his arrival on campus had not gone unnoticed. There was a distinctive...aura, for lack of a better word...of the two of them being scryed upon. Clearly, the infestation did not like being opposed.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:12 pm

Sean tried to find a thread connecting the aura to the source.

"I feel like bait might not work anymore," Sean said quietly.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:56 pm

The thread was looped and tangled, as it were--they did a really bad job of hiding it, but probably a better job of obfuscating it. They could certainly try and follow along a path of it, though it wouldn't be a direct route. It started heading back towards the dorms.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:15 am

"I have a few ideas, but I am unsure of how much I can say." She spoke as she walked, following the "trail".

"If these truly came from Avalon then I doubt they are here for me. I was sent here with a letter of introduction, my presence and reasons for being here are, I would assume, common knowledge. Especially to any with the strength of power to breech the barrier without a Gateway. I would venture to say it is you they are interested in. A living, practicing Druid...that is impossible."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:30 am

Vivienne Chinnoir wrote:"I have a few ideas, but I am unsure of how much I can say." She spoke as she walked, following the "trail".

"If these truly came from Avalon then I doubt they are here for me. I was sent here with a letter of introduction, my presence and reasons for being here are, I would assume, common knowledge. Especially to any with the strength of power to breech the barrier without a Gateway. I would venture to say it is you they are interested in. A living, practicing Druid...that is impossible."

"It might be a natural anomaly," Sean deflected, "A breakdown of the veil over time caused by the lighthouse itself."

Sean followed the path cautiously not really wanting to trigger magical traps set by a pestilence of pixies.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:44 am

The pathway looped and winded, taking them several laps around the big tree in the center of the quad, before headed towards...

...the labyrinth.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:56 am

"All we need now is a bloody Minotaur," Sean said as he walked towards the labyrinth. "Imagine the school would be a bit piqued if I burned it to the ground instead of walking into a trap."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:05 pm

"Careful what you call down on us and there may be issue, but if need be, it can always be a last resort. This place is my home now, I will do what I must. Shall I trip this trap?"
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:48 pm

"I'll leave it to you then," Sean said gesturing for Vivienne to take point.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Vivienne stepped forward, drawing Caledfwlch from its' scabbard as she entered the rose maze. With each footfall she began to pull water from the ground and reshape it around herself, forming armor.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:55 pm

It was quiet. Eerily quiet. There should be birds chirping, or something.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:50 pm

Sean tried his best to look nonplussed. He didn't have a sword to draw, so instead he tried to find out what exactly was wrong with Kansas that it was suddenly so quiet by feeling for magic in their surroundings.

"Ah, the cliches we could use," Sean said as he pulled magic to him so at least he could do... something when the inevitable happened.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:10 pm

The path continued through the hedge maze, twisting and turning.

Then, abruptly, the path ended in an open clearing.

It was just the two of them, alone...

with THIS thing.

It snarled at them, heading closer. "Stinking filthy maggot beasts," it spat.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:13 pm

"Quite the way I expected to be proven right," Sean said quietly to give himself a moment to think, "An interesting greeting for something that isn't supposed to be here."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:55 pm

"We were here long before YOU and will be here long after," it growled, closing the distance between them.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:21 am

"So you didn't come through the tear in the veil," Sean said his eyes beginning to glow as he gathered magic from the immediate area.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:13 am

"We came by our bridge. Everything connected to it is ours, by our ancient rights."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:42 am

"Whose ancient rights? Who are you?" Sean asked staring at the creature not really wanting a violent solution despite earlier indications of not caring if he just burned down the entire labyrinth.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:42 am

"The winding roads and pathways are mine. We found a path, and we are here now. And we didn't ask for two maggots, dripping in energies they surely can not understand, to oppose us."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:26 am

"If you are from Avalon then you speak half truths, hound. I was here before you, I have laid claim to this place as home. The veil is thin, but the barrier was raised on agreement between The Gery Court and the Merlin. Only one was allowed to keep her title and power over the gateways in accordance of that agreement, and you are not her. You are in violation of that agreement if you came to this world by any means other than by her."

She changed fully, if the thing was from her dimension then it should know her.

"And I am most certain I fully understand the energy that I wield."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:01 pm

"Avalon? Far from it. Though perhaps we should go there next. More worlds, with such people in it.

Typical humanoid arrogance, though--thinking you control all in creation. We have made no agreement with your ilk."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:05 pm

"If not avalaon then where?" Sean asked genuinely curious while gathering more ambient power around him.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:54 am

"Must you label everything?

I suppose you could call it The Blight."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:15 pm

Narrator wrote:"Avalon? Far from it. Though perhaps we should go there next. More worlds, with such people in it.

Typical humanoid arrogance, though--thinking you control all in creation. We have made no agreement with your ilk."

She smiled. That was all she needed to know. It wasn't an agent of the Grey Lords, that meant she was free to beat the ever living tar out of it and it was insulting enough that she was looking froward to it.

Narrator wrote:"Must you label everything?

I suppose you could call it The Blight."

"Not really, but it is nice to know precisely where to banish you back to."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:32 pm

"You are welcome to try," it roared,b efore charging straight at them!
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:52 pm

Wonderful, now we get to fight a giant bloody beastie from another dimension...

Sean thought as he used the ambient magic he'd gathered to do what he was best at, which was making violent things happen with magic. Words spilled from his mouth and reality molded to his will. As he finished the spell lightning arced from him, which then lanced out towards the blight beast...thing.

His tattoos began glowing dully as he began channeling.Vivienne probably couldn't read them, but would get the sense that they were meant to contain something though what was obviously unclear. For now though the giant blight beast was probably more a priority then weird glowing sigils on Sean's body.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:06 pm

The beast took the lightning strike, which staggered him and knocked him off course.

This was a GOOD thing, as he tore through the hedges like butter. That was a problem.

He turned around and tried to create a wide arc, swinging back towards the two.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:45 pm

Lightening she could work with. She moved quickly, digging her sword into the ground she drew a circle around the two of them. She circled and stood behind Sean as the water she had gathered moved out and away from her making the ground outside her circle a muddy mess.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:14 am

Sean saw that lightning at least made the thing and when Vivienne made the grounds a muddy mess he decided to give it another shock, I mean shot. He also saw that the thing basically leveled the hedges, which was rightly disturbing his concentration a bit.

We're going to be proper fucked if that thing gets too close

He gathered energy and cast another lightning bolt at the blight creature hoping that maybe a second would put a bigger dent in the approaching monster.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:48 am

Another shot lanced out, smashing into the beastie. It staggered, and almost fell down...but kept it's traction.

AND it's direction. It was slowed down thanks to Vivian's mud, but it WAS still coming right towards them.
Narrator
Site Admin

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate