I2DT - I Have You In Mind

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

Re: I2DT - I Have You In Mind

Postby Trinity » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:02 pm

There's at least three other people in the house, not counting Trinity. None of them feel like Ursus. One presence is coming from the room with all the monitors and feels intense and yet distracted. The other two minds appear to be upstairs and asleep from the sense that she gets. The mind in the lit room comes to focus and moves towards the hallway, revealing itself to be attached to a dark-haired young man in jeans and a ripped t-shirt, "Hey, Trinity, that CCTV stuff..." He cuts off as he sees Miriam. "Oh, I'm sorry."

"Quite alright," Trinity says, though her manner indicates she is at least a little irritated. "Mnemosyne, this is Bitshift. Bitshift, this is Mnemosyne."

"Nice to meet you," the young man says, looking down slightly.
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:57 pm

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance. You have security cameras around the place?" she asks, intentionally interpreting things wrong. He's probably talking about what Trinity had been talking to the constable for.
Miriam Bell
Student

High Concept: Sorrowful Telepath
Aspect: Powerful Enemies
Aspect: Structural Shadow

Postby Trinity » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:48 pm

"A few," he said. "Still getting them said up." Bitshift was not the face of the operation for certain.

"It pays to keep any eye on things the way things are going in this neighborhood," Trinity said.
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:42 pm

"You're worried about your safety?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:46 pm

"Only marginally," Trinity said. "Bitshift keeps a lot of computer equipment here and we have other valuable equipment that would be painful to replace." She motioned towards the stairs, "Would you like to see the second floor?" Bitshift took that as his cue to head back to the glowing room.
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:09 pm

"Certainly. I don't mean to intrude too much in your operations." she says with a short glance towards the glow of the monitors emanating from the other room.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:31 pm

"Don't worry about it," Trinity said, brushing off the concern as she walked towards the stairs. "If it interests you enough, we're sure we could find a place for you."

The room seemed like wall-to-wall monitors and the hum of the computer fans was audible in the hallway. Bitshift was back in a chair in the middle of the room, the monitors changing in response to gestures from his hands.

Trinity led the way up the stairs and towards what was probably the master bedroom based on building placement. "We're always looking for like-minded people," she continued, "we can't promise great pay, but there are certain benefits."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:39 pm

"Do all potential recruits get this treatment from you?" she teases.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:54 pm

"No, I'm making all sorts of exceptions for you," she said, turning around with a smile. The master bedroom was not overly decorated or kitted out, but the bed looked large and comfortable. The room was fairly orderly with no sign of out-of-place items. Red shut the door and there was a brief hum as something switched on. The thought noise from outside was cut off and Miriam was left alone in the room with her own thoughts and the occasional stray thought from Trinity. "See... benefits."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:02 pm

Miriam doesn't quite manage to hide her amazement. It's been a long time since she'd last experienced this kind of quiet and that was in a more medical context, never as a means for privacy. It's like she can suddenly relax a muscle she'd gotten used to always flexing. "That's incredible." she says, turning her head to look around the room, taking in the silence.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:09 pm

"Isn't it though?" The triplets smiled as they watched her. "Had to do some serious work to acquire it and Bitshift's the only one who understands the ins and outs of it, but it makes for a gloriously restful night's sleep."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:23 pm

"And I assume it keeps stray thoughts from finding their way out of this room in a moment of... lapsed control." she says, the corner of her lip curling into a smirk.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:35 pm

"You are free to assume that," Black says with a smirk. "Though a beautiful girl like you, in my room, with the door closed? It doesn't take a telepath to know what's going on," she said with a small laugh, "that is, of course, assuming you want to stay for a while."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:59 pm

"I was intending to, yes." she says as she walks up to White with a sultry smile...

((FTB?))
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:00 pm

"We'll make sure you get a good breakfast in the morning," Red said as she closed the distance as well.

((FTB))
Trinity

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate